Rossiter.....

gogzy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see why he was described at Liverpool as a young Stevie G. and if he ends up half the player Gerrard was I will be fucking ecstatic.

I know it was only Stranraer we were up against but I feel young Rossiter won't take a step backwards when it comes to a midfield battle in Scottish football.

42 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Can't help but think Cattermole when I see him. 

Will be in rotation with Barton for the majority I think, with both playing together in the tough away games. 

He'll be ideal against Celtic. 

First thing I said to my old man. Plays exactly like Cattermole - let's hope for less red cards!

For such a young man he has a stature, presence, bite and swagger beyond his years. On early impressions I can see a similarity in a young Barry Ferguson. Coming from a big side like Liverpool and captaining a country with an array of options at under 19s level really shines through and is certainly no mean feat. He looks for all the world like a future Internationalist. He just has something about him...........

1 minute ago, The Rangers FC said:

I really can't see him and Barton both playing together often, two CDMs wouldn't work in our system.

However, I can see Rossiter learning and developing under Barton like an apprentice would. For instance, a young Danny Wilson and SDoW.

Who else would play ahead of Rossiter in CM? Holt? Forrester? Halliday? Windass is a possibility but I think he'll be out wide .

I think he's a stick on to start for us 

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Who else would play ahead of Rossiter in CM? Holt? Forrester? Halliday? Windass is a possibility but I think he'll be out wide .

I think he's a stick on to start for us 

Both Rossiter and Barton, Crooks also, are defensive midfielders and in my opinion will share the role in rotations.

The real fight is for the AM places. 

Theres no doubt Rossiter will play games, but I can't see him keeping Barton out of the team.