When actions speak louder than words

D'Artagnan

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I felt lifted and full of pride when our board issued that statement, even going as far as putting the boot into that wee horrible cave troll sturgeon, could honestly tell them to go fuck there selves right now, appalling treatment of supporters who as yet have been proven guilty of nothingĀ 

I did too but it last less than 48 hours and I then knew we were doing the dignified silence pish again ?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

However, speaking at the launch of the Club 1872 supporters group, Robertson said: "We don't condone violence and we will wait to see what comes out of the investigations. We will deal with any Rangers fans in the appropriate manner.

"But we have to remember is was the Hibs fans who came over the wall. It was the Hibs' fans who ran over the half-way line towards the Rangers fans. They provoked, they goaded, they taunted.

"In no shape or form do we condone any fan who came onto the pitch.

Ā 

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14518802.Stewart_Robertson__Rangers_will_punish_any_fans_found_guilty_of_Scottish_Cup_Final_disorder/

Ā 

What about these words from Robertson?Ā 

11 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

It is and they are pretty much in agreement with it as we are

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1089037-When-actions-speak-louder-than-words

This response in FF just sums the whole situation up imo

"Rangers treating supporters how the club itself was treated 4 years back. Guilty until proven innocent and judgement pre outcome." Well said to that man

Can I just clear something up/re-enforce a point now that this article is being shared and doing the rounds ... I also PM'd D'Art this before he wrote the article ;

The letter addressed to John (pictured) :

John has pled guilty to the charges. The issue he has with it is (as has been said the club hanging him out to dry after previously defending him and when they were collecting in season ticket money) the club have backtracked and used people like him as sacrificial lambs after saying before hand that they wouldn't blame the fans on the pitch, everyone else would have done the same, extreme provocation and player/staff assaults. That's John's issue.

The real issue is the same letter one of John's friends got - which is identical to that one. Word-for-word, verbatim. The person in receipt of that same letter has pled not guilty to ALL charges, including being on the pitch yet they still seen it fit to send him this same letter with the bit at the bottom about season ticket being forfieted for alleged criminal conduct with no compensation. This is the real tragedy here.

If It helps going forward I will get a copy of this letter too. Both letters John's and the other one are scandelous for different reasons.

It would maybe be helpful if D'Art could put a wee disclaimer to this effect just to make it clear because if this is to be fought/the club held to account we need to be as open, honest and upfront as possible and leave nothing unturned they could come back on such as "that letter addressed to John he's admitted the charges therefore cased closed" that get's them off the hook way too easily.

The club owe it to the Rangers support to explain why they have changed from their original stance.

They appear to be taking the word ofĀ police Scotland,Ā even though its blindingly obvious they messed up badly on the day and since refused to acknowledge that fact.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

However, speaking at the launch of the Club 1872 supporters group, Robertson said: "We don't condone violence and we will wait to see what comes out of the investigations. We will deal with any Rangers fans in the appropriate manner.

"But we have to remember is was the Hibs fans who came over the wall. It was the Hibs' fans who ran over the half-way line towards the Rangers fans. They provoked, they goaded, they taunted.

Ā 

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14518802.Stewart_Robertson__Rangers_will_punish_any_fans_found_guilty_of_Scottish_Cup_Final_disorder/

Ā 

I'm glad you brought this up. This is Robertson's comments a week or so? after the initial fantastic statement from the club. I made a thread about it at the time on here going ballistic saying he was out of order, not fit for purpose and undermined the said brilliant statement.

I got called all-sorts and told I was paranoid and that he was just saying that to appease certain people and come back when Rangers actually started banning people and here we are ....

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

The club owe it to the Rangers support to explain why they have changed from their original stance.

They appear to be taking the word ofĀ police Scotland,Ā even though its blindingly obvious they messed up badly on the day and since refused to acknowledge that fact.

Guarantee that will not happen, theyll release a nonsense statement saying they had no choice or some pish. Theyve got fans money for STs and now they dont have to worry about us till next year when this is forgotten about and they need our cash again

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ā 

Ā 

Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson has vowed to take action against any Ibrox supporter found guilty of disorder at the Scottish Cup final.

:pipe:

Ā 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I'm glad you brought this up. This is Robertson's comments a week or so? after the initial fantastic statement from the club. I made a thread about it at the time on here going ballistic saying he was out of order, not fit for purpose and undermined the said brilliant statement.

I got called all-sorts and told I was paranoid and that he was just saying that to appease certain people and come back when Rangers actually started banning people and here we are ....

May 25th. Four days after the statementĀ and fiveĀ after the final.Ā 

This will backfire big time on the board and the club. The board have lost our respect by taking the word of proven liars (plod scotland) against our fans. Not only that they have given the sfa carte Blanche to hammer us as by their actions they have admitted, absolutely incorrectly that our fans share the blame. Carry on like this and the only Ā friends the board will have is the daily rebel even though that friendship will be one sided. Totally disgusted, I hope some fans group can organize a protest to let the board know how we feel.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Ā 

Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson has vowed to take action against any Ibrox supporter found guilty of disorder at the Scottish Cup final.

:pipe:

Ā 

Interesting the "found guilty" part of that.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Crazy suggestion but maybe there was more information which the board became aware of over the following few days which led them to revise their position.Ā 

There you go. Youre just assuming something, assuming your right, and assuming you know whats going on.
Ā 

Clown

Just now, The Dude said:

Crazy suggestion but maybe there was more information which the board became aware of over the following few days which led them to revise their position.Ā 

If there was any new information that they weren't aware of before, how bad could it have been to make them totally contradict their statement? Surely if it was anything serious they would've been aware of it already.

Just now, The Dude said:

There's no facts or information that could have came to light as the fans done nothing wrong IMO.

If this was Rangers' new stance like you suggest then they shouldn't be making statement's in the first place if they aren't in possession of what they percieve to be all of the facts. Especially making such an emotive and powerful statement if they are unwilling to back it up and follow it through in defending the fans.