When actions speak louder than words

D'Artagnan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Time to unfurl the 'Fans not criminals' banner once more.

Ridiculous that our club should even contemplate banning someone who has not been found guilty of anything. 

What will the board do I if this person is not found guilty.  Will they still enforce a ban. Crazy stuff.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's no facts or information that could have came to light as the fans done nothing wrong IMO.

If this was Rangers' new stance like you suggest then they shouldn't be making statement's in the first place if they aren't in possession of what they percieve to be all of the facts. Especially making such an emotive and powerful statement if they are unwilling to back it up and follow it through in defending the fans.

So there weren't videos and photos which came out showing some Rangers fans involved in disorder that it would be very, difficult to defend?

I'd agree but just look at the reaction when others didn't issue statements until they were in possession of all the facts. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So there weren't videos and photos which came out showing some Rangers fans involved in disorder that it would be very, difficult to defend?

I'd agree but just look at the reaction when others didn't issue statements until they were in possession of all the facts. 

Everyone knew from the start that some Rangers fans were involved in the violence. So why did the board release a statement saying supporters of any club would've done the same in that situation?

Just now, BF2 said:

Everyone knew from the start that some Rangers fans were involved in the violence. So why did the board release a statement saying supporters of any club would've done the same in that situation?

Were they aware of the extent of it? I never realised the extent of it (on either side) until I got back and seen it again on video. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Were they aware of the extent of it? I never realised the extent of it (on either side) until I got back and seen it again on video. 

What does the extent of it matter? Surely violence is violence? Did the board initially support us because they thought the fans weren't hitting the spoonburners that hard?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't agree tbh. There's nothing I seen video wise or evidence wise that changed my mind or looked any different. I bet your going to mention the guy getting kicked on the ground or something to justify your complete stance on this?

What statements are you referring to?

I really think your stance is shocking. It's obvious you don't give a fuck for the fans. I'm not surprised because after BluePeter9 you are the single most divisive person I've seen on any online forum I've used. It's like you almost enjoy backing the alternative viewpoint and just going with it for kicks and spend all you time straw clutching and arguing semantics and making ludicrious analogy's and comparisons and can't be debated properly. Your a grade A mentalist with serious problems.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't agree tbh. There's nothing I seen video wise or evidence wise that changed my mind or looked any different. I bet your going to mention the guy getting kicked on the ground or something to justify your complete stance on this?

What statements are you referring to?

I really think your stance is shocking. It's obvious you don't give a fuck for the fans. I'm not surprised because after BluePeter9 you are the single most divisive person I've seen on any online forum I've used. It's like you almost enjoy backing the alternative viewpoint and just going with it for kicks and spend all you time straw clutching and arguing semantics and making ludicrious analogy's and comparisons and can't be debated properly. Your a grade A mentalist with serious problems.

So there weren't fans who continued fighting long after the players they were "protecting" we're off the field? Or some who got into it with Plod or stewards? 

The lack of one from the Scottish Government for example (which I agree'd with Rangers on when they brought it up).

Youve mixed up me not giving a fuck about the fans to me not giving a fuck about those who went onto the pitch to cause trouble. You're right about them though. I couldn't give a fuck less about them.  A handful of fans banned for acting the cunt is no great loss imo. 

As I said before I got shot down no club in the world will back fans who go onto the pitch they did at first then backtracked remember it's a business to them there not like us but I think it's time to move on we have a league title to fight for

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So there weren't fans who continued fighting long after the players they were "protecting" we're off the field? Or some who got into it with Plod or stewards? 

The lack of one from the Scottish Government for example (which I agree'd with Rangers on when they brought it up).

Youve mixed up me not giving a fuck about the fans to me not giving a fuck about those who went onto the pitch to cause trouble. You're right about them though. I couldn't give a fuck less about them.  A handful of fans banned for acting the cunt is no great loss imo. 

With or without your arsehole attitude, the point still stands that the board went back on their word after initially supporting us.

In the Final day .After the riot started .The cameras on BBC didn't move from the one position hardly except for some few minutes .

I definitely think the cops told them ,they wanted all the footage but I also think they would have got stuff that never went live .

I'm willing to bet this unseen stuff is what they pulled apart for bears misbehaving yet ignoring all of the Hivs rioters 

The club should be liaising with the supports group about these banning's before issuing them, maybe they have i don't know?  But if they haven't then it would seem the club consider Club1872 are not worth talking too. As a member of the supporters group, then this is a worrying turn of events and confirms my suspicion.  That the club will never listen to the fans concerns.

I am really disgusted by our Board. The statement they put out after the cup final praising our fans, to sending letters out banning them from all Rangers games is unbelievable and the fact that they have waited till quite a few have purchased their season tickets, is nothing short of despicable as they say they wont refund what they paid. The board should hang their heads in shame as their backtracking in not sticking up for the fans who support this Club is nothing short of cowardice.

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

In the Final day .After the riot started .The cameras on BBC didn't move from the one position hardly except for some few minutes .

I definitely think the cops told them ,they wanted all the footage but I also think they would have got stuff that never went live .

I'm willing to bet this unseen stuff is what they pulled apart for bears misbehaving yet ignoring all of the Hivs rioters 

It's a kinda standard thing now. They don't tend to show pitch invaders or crowd trouble on live broadcasts if it's avoidable. 

They have lots of footage that wasn't broadcast. Every camera (normally between 3-6) in the ground was rolling throughout it. 

10 minutes ago, BF2 said:

With or without your arsehole attitude, the point still stands that the board went back on their word after initially supporting us.

Robertson said a few days later they did not condone any fans on the pitch. Long before any bans were issued.

1 hour ago, BF2 said:
4 minutes ago, jimgers said:

The club should be liaising with the supports group about these banning's before issuing them, meybe they have i don't know?  But if they haven't then it would seem the club don't consider Club1872 are not worth talking too. As a member of the supporters group then rhisis a worrying turn of events and confirms my suspicions, that the club will never listen to the fans concerns.

That's not what Club1872 is for, C1872s purpose is to back the board and pretend everything's cushty

6 minutes ago, Willis said:

That's not what Club1872 is for, C1872s purpose is to back the board and pretend everything's cushty

The club have went over the heads of the supporters group representatives, so far no comment from Club1872. Funnily enough just like the unilateral decision by the club to allow a full Broomloan of Vhermin, when the Scum come calling. I see a pattern developing here.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's a kinda standard thing now. They don't tend to show pitch invaders or crowd trouble on live broadcasts if it's avoidable. 

They have lots of footage that wasn't broadcast. Every camera (normally between 3-6) in the ground was rolling throughout it. 

Mm Dude .Cmon mate .If that had been Rangers causing the riot .We would still be seeing the footage but your probably not wrong in the point you make generally 

They didn't see any footage :lol: 

what a load of pish the Internet was full of the footage that night never mind the next 5 days. 

Would also love to know when "we don't condone violence" suddenly becomes we will ban them, instead of accepting they were provoked and looking after their own. 

I know this was mentioned on another thread but imo this from Hibs makes Rangers actions all the more shocking.

Hibs have asked for individual meetings with supporters suspected of invading the Hampden Park pitch at the conclusion of the Scottish Cup final.

The club sent out letters, signed by safety officer Robert McGregor, informing each fan their membership had been put “on hold”

So Hibs want a face to face with their fans before any punishment is handed out, seems far more reasonable than the jack boot tactics employed by our own club.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Mm Dude .Cmon mate .If that had been Rangers causing the riot .We would still be seeing the footage but your probably not wrong in the point you make generally 

We likely wouldn't have. I'm struggling to think off the top of my head the last time a camera followed a pitch invader/streaker etc like they used to. It's much like the apologising for swearing thing that occasionally happens. In the case of the cup final they'll have went to the "hard camera" (the main camera shot you see during the game from halfway) and stuck with that giving a broad overview of what's going on. Plod will have requested the footage before the pitch was cleared. There's every chance the police immediately sent someone to the TV control room/truck so they had sight of that footage live.

Because we no longer see the streaker whatever on camera means they are not being filmed. doh   yeah true back when Scotsport had one camera at the game, no longer, there are so many cameras filming Almost everything and given the tv corporations passion for ratings I am sure the camera operators were compelled to keep filming.

Will we see more footage when SFA, police investigations are complete, no idea.