Money

BridgeIsBlue

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Against top flight opposition where the defence will be properly tested we have been horrendous at the back and conceded 2 goals.

It will not get any better until we bring better centre backs in.

It isn't our job to scout for players,McParland will have been told to look for players x&y within a certain budget,if that budget increases then the scope of his scouting will increase and technically should lead to better players being targeted.

There is time left,but it's going by quickly.

Mainly because tav and Wallace are still playing left/right wing and jogging back to position when they lose possession a new CH isn't going to magically fix this problem.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

Mainly because tav and Wallace are still playing left/right wing and jogging back to position when they lose possession a new CH isn't going to magically fix this problem.

That's a lot of pish and you know it :lol: 

The amount of goals we lost from set pieces last season was fucked,hee haw to do with players running back into position :lol: 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's a lot of pish and you know it :lol: 

The amount of goals we lost from set pieces last season was fucked,hee haw to do with players running back into position :lol: 

Set pieces are are problem but how do teams get these set pieces ? By running in behind the full backs and winning corners of the Ch .

But moan on your doing some job

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

They are both good defenders - no where near as bad as the Nae Sayers on here try to make out 

Amoruso,Moore,Cuellar,Weir and Bougherra were good defenders,to lump Wilson and Kiernan among them is laughable.

6 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

Set pieces are are problem but how do teams get these set pieces ? By running in behind the full backs and winning corners of the Ch .

But moan on your doing some job

A decent defence can deal with set pieces,ours can't.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Amoruso,Moore,Cuellar,Weir and Bougherra were good defenders,to lump Wilson and Kiernan among them is laughable.

Barton was the issue at the goal today - my opinion is they are both good defenders - your opinion differs! Even with some of the best CBs we ever had we list goals at set pieces - it's what happens in football. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

I remember all the threads posted on here about the players you mention it's a forum thing . Everyone loves to look for the negatives.

Weir was too old

Carlos who? Etc etc . Turned to king Carlos

Moore used to get right peters. Turned into one of most dependable defenders.

Bougherra used to get slaughtered for playing too much 

As I say it's a forum thing .

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So I am a pussy now? Great debating skills. Glad you clarified things so elequently. Now that you have enlightened me I will use my night vision and jumping prowess as a pussy to break into Kings house tonight and steal his big cheque book for you. Sorted.

Are you still in here talking keech and squealing like a big lassie?

IMO (and it's only my opinion before the boardroom gang see it and round on me) King is only interested in getting his 20 million back.

He's not interested in spending decent money on the team.

We all know we need a clinical striker for inside the box and a decent, organised, hard working, commanding center half (or two if we can) yet we are still waiting.

I take the point people say in defence of King that Warburton seems pretty happy anyway. Maybe he is. No-one knows either way but I think it's daft to suggest if King actually came to him with a few million to help him get the targets he needs then he wouldn't bite his hand off.

Warburton is happy with things just now but I think his patientce would wear quite thin if it continues and rightly so. I know there's bargains out there to be had but sometimes there won't always be a bargain for what we need, the player we need, in the position we need and we are seeing this now. He admitted a few weeks ago in the media that he's finding it difficult so the money would help no end.

No way I'm holding my breath on it happening, though.

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Even with some of the best CBs we ever had we list goals at set pieces - it's what happens in football. 

<cr>

So we should just deal with it and move on because it's what happens in football?

6 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

I remember all the threads posted on here about the players you mention it's a forum thing . Everyone loves to look for the negatives.

Weir was too old

Carlos who? Etc etc . Turned to king Carlos

Moore used to get right peters. Turned into one of most dependable defenders.

Bougherra used to get slaughtered for playing too much 

As I say it's a forum thing .

Wilson and Kiernan have been with us for over a year now and haven't improved one bit,the writing's on the wall for them.

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

<cr>

So we should just deal with it and move on because it's what happens in football?

Wilson and Kiernan have been with us for over a year now and haven't improved one bit,the writing's on the wall for them.

We could have Maldini in his prime and we would still struggle due to our tactics.:541:

1 hour ago, kenzie2386 said:

The Dude

"He's assistant manager. He isn't a defensive coach."

I appreciate that but I would have thought that as an ex-defender he would have had some input into the choice of defender that MW would choose?

Not necessarily. Despite having been a defender as a player it may not have any influence on him as a coach. I can think of a few who were a particular type of player but the polar opposite as a coach

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

IMO (and it's only my opinion before the boardroom gang see it and round on me) King is only interested in getting his 20 million back.

He's not interested in spending decent money on the team.

We all know we need a clinical striker for inside the box and a decent, organised, hard working, commanding center half (or two if we can) yet we are still waiting.

I take the point people say in defence of King that Warburton seems pretty happy anyway. Maybe he is. No-one knows either way but I think it's daft to suggest if King actually came to him with a few million to help him get the targets he needs then he wouldn't bite his hand off.

Warburton is happy with things just now but I think his patientce would wear quite thin if it continues and rightly so. I know there's bargains out there to be had but sometimes there won't always be a bargain for what we need, the player we need, in the position we need and we are seeing this now. He admitted a few weeks ago in the media that he's finding it difficult so the money would help no end.

No way I'm holding my breath on it happening, though.

You're right, certain players are a bargain for a reason. Whether that be their age, their inexperience, inconsistency etc. However, they're only a true bargain if they perform well and it's a risk only signing players that fit this category.

The more money made available to the manager, the wider he can cast his net. 

I think there's goals in the team so I'm not as overly fussed about the striking options, however, we certainly need a promising young CB (who we have in Crooks) and a good aged, experienced pro such as Mariappa. The more money made available the more chance we have of getting that second player. Anyone who thinks we can continue to bargain hunt and get ideal candidates is overly optimistic.

I trust MW and believe he has seen what we are seeing. I also believe that he will get what’s needed on loan where we can see if the player is suitable before committing to buy. I believe MW is trying to make the 4-3-3 formation work as it's the one that’s most played in Europe. He as a short window of opportunity to do this. 

I think the team are doing great and have come on leaps and bounds since MW took over. I believe some of the team might be able to rectify the problems themselves e.g. Fod Imho needs to become more vocal and take command. He has the ability to act as a sweeper for the back line and he has the ability to read the game but he needs to be more vocal and take command. If he did this, the pressure would be taken off our back four. 

I think our defensive midfielder needs to focus on making sure he is in position, placed in the gap between the two centre-backs and that he has space around him ready to receive the ball. We’re missing out here.

I think waggy has the ability to find and penetrate gaps between defenders but he needs the team to be doing there bit so that he can do his bit.