Money

BridgeIsBlue

3 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

We do need another CH as we are short of cover and being honest I don't like Wilson and Kiernan playing together they are to similar Imo and we should have a contrast of styles we lack a communicator at the back . Wes is too quiet in this regard also. 

Little things that could improve the defensive side of the game I think Hill will improve this but as is the case in the football world, players are not given time to settle into new surroundings.

Plenty of examples round the World of players that are world class but still take 6 months to adapt to new surroundings.

Patience is a virtue but such is the demands at our club it's seldom given. 

We need two as the three we have got are bombscares.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Not necessarily. Despite having been a defender as a player it may not have any influence on him as a coach. I can think of a few who were a particular type of player but the polar opposite as a coach

I didn't mean his influence "as a coach" but simply as someone who could advise the manager on the attributes to look for/expected in a defender. That is, IF he had any input, which of course, he may not have, as you imply.

1 hour ago, TheQueensEleven said:

You're right, certain players are a bargain for a reason. Whether that be their age, their inexperience, inconsistency etc. However, they're only a true bargain if they perform well and it's a risk only signing players that fit this category.

The more money made available to the manager, the wider he can cast his net. 

I think there's goals in the team so I'm not as overly fussed about the striking options, however, we certainly need a promising young CB (who we have in Crooks) and a good aged, experienced pro such as Mariappa. The more money made available the more chance we have of getting that second player. Anyone who thinks we can continue to bargain hunt and get ideal candidates is overly optimistic.

Crooks is a midfielder is he no?

57 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have done what anyone does when the don't have money they settle and buy cheap so you end up buying twice, our defence is the epitome of that statement buying players with no real future past their first season.

You're right.  It's a false economy.

Too many people are sucked into the negative shit stirring commentary from mutton and co. These arseholes are repeating  on tele every negative comment I.e poor defence, no plan b etc. What I'm unsure on, is it fans getting duped or mutton coming in here to get his next shit stirring comments.  The defence isn't as bad as people are making out. 

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

<cr>

So we should just deal with it and move on because it's what happens in football?

Wilson and Kiernan have been with us for over a year now and haven't improved one bit,the writing's on the wall for them.

:lol: I guess your just one of these people who never sees the good in anybody or anything. The are both decent players 

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: I guess your just one of these people who never sees the good in anybody or anything. The are both decent players 

Here we go with the usual pitchfork patter :wanker:

You know there has been loads of players who have played for us that have failed to make the grade right?

But nah it's just me,the big hater that I am :lol: 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Here we go with the usual pitchfork patter :wanker:

You know there has been loads of players who have played for us that have failed to make the grade right?

But nah it's just me,the big hater that I am :lol: 

It's all you can do - diss players - decent players - it's the boo boy culture some equate to support 

If the board don't come up with the money/funds to buy the players and we don't win the league WHAT next for some.

Signing a CDM was the answer to our problems last year according to some experts as if signing a CDM would mean we would never lose another goal.Well we have Rossiter and Barton two very good players.Oh its the CH that are pish.Lets sign two new CH and WHAT if we still lose goals who do we blame then.Ah the midfield are not creating enough chances need a couple of better midfielders,Ah the forwards are not clinical enough we need a couple of better forwards.Still losing goals ah those two new CH who we thought were good enough are not now and so on and so on.Some just want guarantees and the only way they think they can guarantee success is by buying it.Some are in for a very big reality check as to where we and Scottish football are on the world football stage.

Back to my original sentence.If the board don't come up with a figure which no one has said how much yet WHAT next for the greatest fans in the world.sack the manager for not winning the league? save up their pocket money and buy out the board?stop going to the matches as were not winning anymore?go on social media and fucking moan like a bunch of women? WHAT YOU GOING TO DO?

On 14/08/2016 at 8:22 AM, Blue Avenger said:

For sure, but we need a central defence that have an awareness of what is n front of them, dominate in the air (just heading a ball would  be good!) can time a tackle and can run faster than a kert horse destined for the knackers yard. These fucking two wouldn't add value in a bad net ball team. These two have got to be the worst in in the league. A pair of powder puffs who detract from any good overall team performance and are fucking embarrassing to watch. They will cost us big time and it's fuck all to do with money, just the basic attributes of a central defender.

How many competitive games have we played and how many goals have we conceeded?