Money

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

That's a warped interpretation. Doesn't MW know the transfer market? Is he not the man responsible for transforming our Club? Didn't he work in the City? Hasn't he said he is happy with the backing he has received from the board? Do you listen to his interviews at all?

Calling it a warped interpretation doesn't make it one. You're saying we shouldn't spend more money because people on RM say we should. That's not why we should spend money, we should spend money because we need to get more quality in.

You seem awestruck about him working in the city, that in itself is completely irrelevant to his abilities as a football manager. I've no doubt he learnt some transferable skills, but there are plenty people working in the city who I wouldn't trust to run a local knitting group.

He has said he's happy with the backing he's received, at least in part that's something he has to say. It's his job. If the board offered him a further £5m to spend, do you think he'd turn it down flat?

You know he's recently said he hopes there will soon be another signing? Do you listen to his interviews at all?

It would be interesting to understand the level of money people feel should be spent rather than just saying 'spend money!'

If we acknowledge the better players in the Championship being of a standard that would improve our defence beyond what we have then the transfers of Grant Hanley, Tommy Elphick and Joel Lynch this summer would be indicative of what we would need to spend.

Hanley - £5.6m, Elphick - £3.3m and Lynch - £1.2m

All three players are reported to be on at least £25k per week. 

Is that the level of transfer fee and wage spend we expect to be paying?

52 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You accuse me of talking shite without any thoughtful analysis or reasoned argument. Well done you. We are 2 games into the season and you are implying we wont win our title? Surrender monkey!!!!

Think before you post in future.

What condescending tosh, have some ambition boy and stop lying down and getting your belly tickled.

We are Rangers, think about it.

41 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

Calling it a warped interpretation doesn't make it one. You're saying we shouldn't spend more money because people on RM say we should. That's not why we should spend money, we should spend money because we need to get more quality in.

You seem awestruck about him working in the city, that in itself is completely irrelevant to his abilities as a football manager. I've no doubt he learnt some transferable skills, but there are plenty people working in the city who I wouldn't trust to run a local knitting group.

He has said he's happy with the backing he's received, at least in part that's something he has to say. It's his job. If the board offered him a further £5m to spend, do you think he'd turn it down flat?

You know he's recently said he hopes there will soon be another signing? Do you listen to his interviews at all?

Our manager is better qualified to sign players than us. He has experience in the transfer market, has passed coaching exams at Euro level and has gained experience of monetary matters in one of the busiest stock markets in the world. 

I trust his judgement. Any manager can spunk money on players.  Ally threw huge salaries at self interested players and look where that got us.

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I trust his judgement. Any manager can spunk money on players.  Ally threw huge salaries at self interested players and look where that got us.

That's that then,we should never ever spend another penny because of what the gardener done...

1 hour ago, Orangeclement said:

They struggled to beat the fucking sheep last season how much money did the sheep spend?

Spending money does not equate to winning leagues buying the right people with the right attitude is FAR more important than how much they cost.

Any cunt will improve them over the last donkey they had in charge. If you buy better players the chances of you winning is in the higher percentages, it's proven season after season albeit we have Leicester which will be a one off. You can also spend on players who also have the right attitude.

9 hours ago, Daz said:

What money do you think we have available to spend?

To work that out I'm interested to know what our current yearly spend is, have you any ideas?

We've got over 33k ST sold which is money from the fans. DK said he will put in as will others. 

5 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

well start acting if you have some ambition, man up and stop being a pussy. 

the jokes on you.

So I am a pussy now? Great debating skills. Glad you clarified things so elequently. Now that you have enlightened me I will use my night vision and jumping prowess as a pussy to break into Kings house tonight and steal his big cheque book for you. Sorted.

30 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Our manager is better qualified to sign players than us. He has experience in the transfer market, has passed coaching exams at Euro level and has gained experience of monetary matters in one of the busiest stock markets in the world. 

Yeah, so I'm not sure you understand what my point was at all, because you haven't addressed it there. I'm not even sure you understand your own point, to be honest! :lol: 

Nobody has asked Warburton to spunk money on players. Nobody has said they don't trust his judgement on transfers. Nobody has asked him to throw huge salaries at self interested players.

Try harder (tu) 

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

Don't talk shite, we must run our club to win the league. It's time for the Chairman to splash HIS cash, as he promised

Says the man that steals from the club by watching dodgy online streams. :belm:

1 minute ago, bluepeter said:

Yeah, so I'm not sure you understand what my point was at all, because you haven't addressed it there. I'm not even sure you understand your own point, to be honest! :lol: 

Nobody has asked Warburton to spunk money on players. Nobody has said they don't trust his judgement on transfers. Nobody has asked him to throw huge salaries at self interested players.

Try harder (tu) 

Sorry. The thread title of "money" was so misleading. :pipe:

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

You're spot on.

However this is a bit of a strange thread, as everyone is correct. We do need a decent CB but that doesn't mean we need to spend lots of money.

Let's trust the manager.

We do need another CH as we are short of cover and being honest I don't like Wilson and Kiernan playing together they are to similar Imo and we should have a contrast of styles we lack a communicator at the back . Wes is too quiet in this regard also. 

Little things that could improve the defensive side of the game I think Hill will improve this but as is the case in the football world, players are not given time to settle into new surroundings.

Plenty of examples round the World of players that are world class but still take 6 months to adapt to new surroundings.

Patience is a virtue but such is the demands at our club it's seldom given. 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So if you play attacking football that insures that you're going to concede silly goals?

ancient-aliens-1.png

And it's not the odd goal loss as you put it,we're only a few games into the season and it looks as though we will struggle for clean sheets this campaign.

Have we not only conceded 2 goals in 7 games.....

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Absolutely,but no one is asking for tens of millions to be spent on players..

Fair enough. But what players are out there who will add value for a million or two? I'd happily take a good striker and centre back. Has MW asked for such funds and been knocked back or have we just not been able to attract the right players yet? Still time left mind.

4 hours ago, kenzie2386 said:

"Well this is the worry. Wilson was good. He was good for us under Walter, he went to Liverpool, and then he was good for Hearts. So he's not a shit defender, but now, for us, he is. Is it a coaching/tactics issue with our defenders?"

That was my point. What is DW's role at Ibrox.

He's assistant manager. He isn't a defensive coach. 

1 minute ago, Orangeclement said:

Have we not only conceded 2 goals in 6 games.....

Against top flight opposition where the defence will be properly tested we have been horrendous at the back and conceded 2 goals.

It will not get any better until we bring better centre backs in.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Fair enough. But what players are out there who will add value for a million or two?

I'd happily take a good striker and centre back. Has MW asked for such funds and been knocked back or have we just not been able to attract the right players yet? Still time left mind.

It isn't our job to scout for players,McParland will have been told to look for players x&y within a certain budget,if that budget increases then the scope of his scouting will increase and technically should lead to better players being targeted.

There is time left,but it's going by quickly.