English Football

Clemdog

15 hours ago, Kylegib said:

Something like director of football as I believe his knowledge and winning mentality could be beneficial to the club.

The director of football's responsibility is predominantly recruitment and finances. I can't think of anyone worse than Souness to do that.

He pretty much has no knowledge of football outside of the EPL anymore and even that is limited to the top clubs. All he does nowadays is moan at players for not working hard enough and talk about how it used to be different in his day. He's the definition of a football dinosaur. 

As others have said, he knows nothing about Rangers anymore. Any time he's asked about us you can tell. He would struggle to name half our team.

47 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Souness had Neville in his back pocket in the post-match. Absolutely brilliant.

I would have had Souness back at the club a few years ago, but probably not now. However, we need some football-minded, ex-players on the board imo.

Neville was obviously gutted because he is die hard Utd. I despise his team but do like Neville as he is one of the much better analysts 

3 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The director of football's responsibility is predominantly recruitment and finances. I can't think of anyone worse than Souness to do that.

He pretty much has no knowledge of football outside of the EPL anymore and even that is limited to the top clubs. All he does nowadays is moan at players for not working hard enough and talk about how it used to be different in his day. He's the definition of a football dinosaur. 

As others have said, he knows nothing about Rangers anymore. Any time he's asked about us you can tell. He would struggle to name half our team.

Obviously you share a different opinion than me, I think our club from top to bottom lack leadership and have a weak mentality which isn't good if you want to be successful and I think having someone like Souness working within the club (not as manager btw) would help those that are there just now and it would let them know exactly what is required to be successful as he pretty much won everything there is to win in club football. 

8 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Neville was obviously gutted because he is die hard Utd. I despise his team but do like Neville as he is one of the much better analysts 

You can't defend your team when they lose 7-0 mate. He even said Man U was the better team in the FH. He would have been best just shutting up, but he can't help himself.

43 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You can't defend your team when they lose 7-0 mate. He even said Man U was the better team in the FH. He would have been best just shutting up, but he can't help himself.

I think first half there was nothing in it. Utd may have even shaded it and missed probably the 2 easiest chances so I could see that. He should have shut up about the 2nd half though