David Weir?

TMB

I wonder if his red car was because he's so frustrated at the defence? I definately think Warburton has a blind spot when it comes to the importance of being solid at the back and it must be very frustrating for someone who spent his whole playing career getting that right.

It's still hard to believe that Forrester replaced Kiernan when Hill was on the bench :power_of_anguish:

21 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I wonder if his red car was because he's so frustrated at the defence? I definately think Warburton has a blind spot when it comes to the importance of being solid at the back and it must be very frustrating for someone who spent his whole playing career getting that right.

It's still hard to believe that Forrester replaced Kiernan when Hill was on the bench :power_of_anguish:

Think he has a few blind spots mate, Barry never should have seen the second half and at 3-1 down with ten men, everyone could see 4/5 coming unless we shut up shop, but for some reason we didn't.

The defence is just not good enough for this league. We must spend money on a cd. Senderos might be ok but needs a decent partner. If we  can't find a free or persuade somebody to become a free we will toil. I think rest of squad  is not too bad but can't have rest of team scared to lose the ball. I thought when we got past 15 mins we could do something but Keirnan just not good enough no matter his coach 

9 minutes ago, BlueBeard said:

Think he has a few blind spots mate, Barry never should have seen the second half and at 3-1 down with ten men, everyone could see 4/5 coming unless we shut up shop, but for some reason we didn't.

Fuck shutting up shop. Accepting a 3-1 defeat to the taigs is never the right decision. 

Think the problem was we had way too many underperforming players to sub them all 

1 hour ago, frazer89 said:

don't think people are saying it's his fault just with a man of his experience in defense are defenders should doing a lot better.

I also don't think they blame him.It is valid however to at least ask why a defender of his quality isn't making more of a case to MW about our obvious inadequacy in this area.If he is and being ignored then again it's a worry.

At the end of the day manager and assistant manager take responsibility for team selection and set up.Today we were found badly wanting and ended up played off the park.Hurts me like Hell to admit that!!!

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

The worry for me with Senderos is how long it took to sign him because that makes me think he was nearer the bottom of the list than the top ... he was just one economy buy too many for me 

His agent had been trying to get any mug to buy him for ages and Warburton was that mug.

20 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

The worry for me with Senderos is how long it took to sign him because that makes me think he was nearer the bottom of the list than the top ... he was just one economy buy too many for me 

That's what I'm saying Thermo, defence isn't good enough. Hoping Senderos is good enough can't judge on today's game with right partner could be good. But no doubt was not a first choice buy. Wouldn't want to go into next game against them with same cb partnership.

1 hour ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

Fuck shutting up shop. Accepting a 3-1 defeat to the taigs is never the right decision. 

Think the problem was we had way too many underperforming players to sub them all 

I know what you're saying and agree to a point, but fifteen min to go and down to ten men and taking a battering, I would have taken a 3-1 defeat, rather than the 5-1 embarrassment that I could see coming.