Warburton deluded

Smile

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it was 5-1 or 3-1, it was the fucking worst OF performance that I can remember.

Can only go forward, I hope to hell he fixes this because I do really like him, but the fact we have totally regressed and are still suffering from the same chronic defensive problems despite us bringing in 11 players is his fault and the fault of everyone above him.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Come the next old firm at Ibrox they lead us by 7 points and we win can we win the league ? I don't get everyone writing this team off but be sure win that day and those that are writing us off will then be saying we can win it

The answer is somewhere in-between

Writing them off? I think it is hard to see given the performances from the semi-final onwards. To think a Rangers team have conceded more goals than scored after 5 games is frightening. Regardless of how good our players 'can be', the fact is we're not seeing it at all.

28 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

You posted on the other thread about the board deflecting from the result and now another one here about the manager doing it? Along with a low post count you're dodgy as fuck

:ph34r:

To be honest, it looks like you've made up your mind on me so I won't waste time trying to convince you otherwise!   Yes I think both board and MW have been trying to deflect the focus away from their failings today.  

Btw if Celtic fans are sad enough to do that and I get branded the same for a low post count I'll have something else to be raging about this week.  

Come the next old firm at Ibrox they lead us by 7 points and we win can we win the league ? I don't get everyone writing this team off but be sure win that day and those that are writing us off will then be saying we can win it

The answer is somewhere in-between

Until it is mathematically impossible for us to win the title I will never concede defeat to they shower of cunts or any other team in this league. I don't know how some of the people on here can be so defeatist especially to they cunts, for fuck sake have some optimism.

Just now, theiconicman said:

Writing them off? I think it is hard to see given the performances from the semi-final onwards. To think a Rangers team have conceded more goals than scored after 5 games is frightening. Regardless of how good our players 'can be', the fact is we're not seeing it at all.

I get that and we have started slow but we ain't as bad as some make out. I expect to see a reaction on Saturday then its one game at a time and build the momentum. I don't think we are a bad team mate

2 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

To be honest, it looks like you've made up your mind on me so I won't waste time trying to convince you otherwise!   Yes I think both board and MW have been trying to deflect the focus away from their failings today.  

Btw if Celtic fans are sad enough to do that and I get branded the same for a low post count I'll have something else to be raging about this week.  

What's the other thing you're raging about mate did your priest cancel that special appointment you had with him?

I get that and we have started slow but we ain't as bad as some make out. I expect to see a reaction on Saturday then its one game at a time and build the momentum. I don't think we are a bad team mate

We weren't a bad team, I think we are one at the moment. As far as I can see, all our positive play has gone. Warburton either needs to alter our shape/ personnel or preferably, both.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Until it is mathematically impossible for us to win the title I will never concede defeat to they shower of cunts or any other team in this league. I don't know how some of the people on here can be so defeatist especially to they cunts, for fuck sake have some optimism.

I understand some of the negativity but its been mental since Saturday. We need to get on a run and take it on game at a time. I have no worries about finishing 2nd however. There ain't 2 better team's in this league ahead of us no chance...

Wee bit deluded to be fair. Still adamant that if we had done what we are good at result would be different.....

Other than the suicidal first 3 goals what was most worrying for me was the simple but effective 5v3 Celtic used against us in midfield. Striker plus 3 midfield attackers pressurise ball knowing we will go short. There were then so many turnovers as to make it embarrassing. And if we did beat the first press then Brown and Bitton were straight there. 5v3 in midfield and we lost that battle and is why we lost.  Our wide players were then forced to cover deep and we couldnt get out. I could see that after 10 mins and I refuse to accep Warburton didn't see it. 

So yes. Deluded. That statement tells me he has faith in Barton and Kranjkar. Every man and their dug has said it but unless that midfield has composure AND legs its fucked. B and K do not have that energy. If we stay 4-3-3 it has to be 3 from Rossiter Windass Halliday Holt with the ability to match up to a Celtic esque 4-2-3-1 next time someone starts doing that to us.

5-1 was the final score. I don't recall their keeper pulling off half a dozen saves so I think 5-1 is an accurate reflection on the game.

MW can say we did this or we did that and if this had happened it would have been a different game till he's blue In the face. The fact is they scored 5 goals, and yes if they had all been of target we would have won one nil but they bloody well weren't !

The centre of our defence was a shambles and MW bought that players and picked them.

The MW sound bites are becoming increasingly annoying to me it's like he's read a book about what to say In any particular scenario.

I'd rather he spoke from the heart and went a bit mental now and again..

13 hours ago, KingKirk said:

he has said nothing wrong. There wasn't 4goals between us on Saturday the gap ain't as big as that scoreline suggests

I think when we settle, with the players we have then the gap won't be as big as it was on Saturday.  That said, Saturdays performance against them was the most gutless I've ever seen against celtic.  There was was definitely 4 goals difference on the day. I do Still think this team can be turned around and be competitive this season 

Kiernan aside, I don't think was have signed poor players. Our squad is better than last year but you wouldn't know it from how we have been playing.  

This season we have suffered from both injuries and and Warburton's stubborn selection policy. Warburton has to show strength and drop players who are either not fit enough or underperforming. We need to start showing something soon though . 

You can feel the raw emotion and hurt, this could be a blessing in disguise as he now knows what he is up against regarding the scum, SFA and League organisations and the media do us no favours.

And it was never a 5-1 as suggested, If McKay buried that one then I think we would have came away with something. 

I for one will back the manager until the end of next season at least, he deserves my loyalty for all he has done for my club after what Ally left behind as in squad and structure which was at an all time low. 

He sorted all that out, he has built us a half decent squad but now the board must back him in the next window for a quality centre half amd the cost hard cash.

He has done wonders with the little  cash he has had and he has spent it wisely, but he now must address the both centre half positions once and for all, he does that then we will be okay, he does not then he will have to go, but we must give him time at least.

17 hours ago, Smile said:

He has said it wasn't a 5-1 game lets be honest without Fods saves it could have been 8-1.

I prefer brutal honesty rather than this nonsense.

With 11 men it wasn't a 5-1. A 3-1 loss is the same as a 5-1 in the term of defeats so his principle is to at least have a better go of getting forward. 4 of their goals came from us being sloppy.  

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

With 11 men it wasn't a 5-1. A 3-1 loss is the same as a 5-1 in the term of defeats so his principle is to at least have a better go of getting forward. 4 of their goals came from us being sloppy.  

What was the final score? and could it have been more if not for Fod. ?

Goals came from us that were sloppy that's what happens in Football, doesn't mean they are not goals.

So the headline message on the Rangers website today (Tues) is 'Warbs: We Won't Panic'.   Curiously in the article that relates to the headline MW does not use the word 'panic'.   Its been added as the headline.     Maybe the Club thinks that the sentiment which underlies MW's messages yesterday and today is one of calm analysis, anger at media reporting, frustration at the result, frustration about individual player errors and so on with the thinking being that (yet again) there must be learning and (at last) a sense of urgency that things must be turned round quickly.   But no sense of panic.

Which is fair enough I suppose.  Moving on is the thing to do I suppose.  There's still a lot to play for including avoiding a whitewash against them and winning a European slot for next season which is seemingly the limit of King's ambition for this season anyway.    So probably no need to panic.    Time yet for all the learning to become learned and all the gelling to become gelled.     Time perhaps in MW's mind and in King's mind but maybe there will be a lot less willingness across much of the Support for this learning and gelling and so on to reach a point where sustained runs of victories are being achieved and we go into the next OF in far better shape.  

But then why introduce the notion of not panicking in the headline?    A casual use of the word to achieve a snappy eye catching headline; not that many headlines coming out of Ibrox at present are of a good news eye catching nature where a snappy headline adds to the interest.    MW may not have used the word but the very fact that it is there in the official headline might suggest that there has already been some sort of feeling at Ibrox that panic must be avoided.  

Maybe too much can be read into it - its just a headline after all.    MW is still dwelling on all the analysis points.  That's his comfort zone.  He can explain away and analyse till the cows come home.  The messages that will really matter are that there has been a turnround and games are being won.  

Personally, I don't find the messages from MW yesterday and today in the least bit assuring.   I see someone who is happiest at analysing but is quite far from translating that into effective leadership and management which results in wins being chalked up.   I see a Manager who has an idea of the way he wants the team to play but is repeatedly not able to get them to do so.   That is not success......and he rightly identifies whose fault it is.   It's not just the players who made individual errors.

19 hours ago, Smile said:

This is it this is where we find out if he has what it takes or not. I still maintain if he could find that football he had at the start of his tenure we would be in a lot better position and teams would be terrified like the were against us, that was total football.

I know that was a different Level but he had something that worked.

I think it's a mixture of us being found out and the new players not fitting our style of play.

First half of last season, we blew teams away, but as teams became more familiar with our play style, it got more difficult.

We need to mix it up a bit more IMO.