Warburton is a fraud and the signs have been there since the first Hibs game

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many people defend Warburton for the wrong reasons. I also admire his ability to speak properly and present himself in a dignified manner. But football is a results business and especially at Rangers this is the case, we're expecting to win every game and that can't ever change.

He needs to focus on the opposition and exploit their weak spots as that's what teams do to us. We play one way against every single team in the league, they're all setting up to stop us attacking them, how he can't see this is really frustrating and worrying. He's really not the manager I thought he was, last season he said it himself, the part-timers dropped off in the last 15 mins as they were all knackered and we kept going, it's not happening this season and we're paying the price big time 

16 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I'm not happy about being right, but when idiots call you a Celtic fan for being right, then they can do one. 

yer a taig Gary

17 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I'm trying to present an argument in this thread that Warburton is done. The sooner the whole fan base and board see that the better as it means change will happen.

The only people who seem to want a change are the same ones who thought we would rock up and win 55 this season, We have brought in 11 players over the summer, As a team we haven't clicked yet. The 2 away defeats hurt but not as much as the dark days in the Championship under the gardener.We were embarrassed by part timers, owned by Dundee hibs at home, Struggled away to Forres.

18 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

The warning signs have all been there: Warburton not spending more than 5 minutes on the opposition, everyone at the club saying it's all about us, no plan B, do plan A better even though it's clear we'll get hammered by decent opposition that can defend and finish, Weir saying Warburton is more attacking than he'd like to be, the Brentford defender saying he was always left exposed. Kiernan being shite yet still playing. Celtic could have had 5 off us in the semifinal, but that was airbrushed from history after our win, they had like 22 shots or something! 

I posted the above in July (although posted similar a year ago on FF) and was roundly hounded as a Celtic fan. Here we are in September and his inability to get our team to defend, and his stubbornness not to mix up tactics, means he's an absolute fraud. It was fine gubbing part timers in the championship, but now we're playing professional opposition, Warburton hasn't got the answers, and I genuinely don't see how he's going to change. We've won 3 league games since the end of March. V Dumbarton, Dundee & Motherwell. All by a single goal.

Rossiter and Windass aside, the signings this summer have been abysmal. No-one can say it's because the board haven't backed him, he's spent more than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet we're seventh. 

Time for him to go, and I'd offer Aberdeen a blank cheque for McInnes.

Fuck off ya bellend! !

18 hours ago, Pedro said:

Sick to death of cunts on forums posting shite like "I posted this/I said this/I've been saying this for ages" whenever shit like today happens. 

Genuinely can't read the forums after we play shite without people like you OP giving it the whole "I gave this opinion months ago but yeez aw hounded me for it" nonsense.

Pretty sure I also read something earlier that basically said "I said months ago that McKay couldn't handle the SPL and was called x, y and z by everyone now look at how true that proved to be".

Honestly, no one gives a flying fuck. I really do get the impression of people actually wanting us to fail so they can log into RM and tell everyone about how they called it before anyone else did,

Get a grip.

So your opinion is more valid than anyone else ?

We should accept this because ? Why ?

Its been said from before the Tims Semi we are so inconsistent from Quality to Dross in one easy week.

We've played some outstanding stuff and frankly some absolute shite that's been defended by people for whatever reason, blind faith ?

If you can see the light at the end of the tunnel please point it out because to me and a lot of others it's getting gloomier.

10 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Its been said from before the Tims Semi we are so inconsistent from Quality to Dross in one easy week.

We've played some outstanding stuff and frankly some absolute shite that's been defended by people for whatever reason, blind faith ?

If you can see the light at the end of the tunnel please point it out because to me and a lot of others it's getting gloomier.

If you'd even bothered reading the thread you'd notice that I stated in several other posts that I actually agree with what the OP's post was about in general. At no point did I say he was wrong and defend Warburton.

23 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

You'll need to point Warburton in the direction of the tunnel 

It's not going well but some people need to get a reality check on where we stand in the world order.  We are not the all conquering international strewn side of the 80's.  We are a side that signs geriatric trouble makers and rejects from a side in the lower regions of the English Championship.   Rossiter aside we need to stick with the players that served us so well last season.  If that means 5th place with a team that gives it all so be it.  

Think its a massive exaggeration by the OP.

I think that we've been pretty shite so far, other than the Fenian game we've been at best OK, but probably deserved a few more points than we've got and thats playing shite.

If thats the 2nd best team we've just played on Sunday then we're 100% the 2nd best team in the country....not good enough i agree but its probably a pill we're going to have to swallow this year. I thought we dominated them and poor finishing cost us, something you cannot blame MW for. 

We've got probably 6 or 7 players well below par, 3 or 4 big players(hopefully) to come back into the squad.

Shite start but who do we bring in to change our season? I honestly think things will turn around, performance wise I think its picked up, a bit more luck and we'll be back up there.

• 4 weeks later...

At least before Warburton managed to get us some shots on target. Now we couldn't even get it out of our own half. Defence and keeper putting us into bother because Warburton is scaring them into passing it out from the back regardless of pressure. We need to get rid of Warburton now before we can't even finish second. 

3 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

At least before Warburton managed to get us some shots on target. Now we couldn't even get it out of our own half. Defence and keeper putting us into bother because Warburton is scaring them into passing it out from the back regardless of pressure. We need to get rid of Warburton now before we can't even finish second. 

Clueless. 

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Wedding brek back when lose to the beggars surprise surprise.

We were fucking shite today, and it's 100% down to Warburton. He's not got any answers. His thought of changing things about was putting a right back on right wing. Well, at least we now know that none of our fucking fans will be asking to see Tav at right wing again like they have before. 

Warburton is killing us. McInnes or Neilson would have given that squad a fighting chance. 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

This thread is almost a gloat and get it to fuck. Cunts been waiting since kick off to post it

I don't want to blindly follow a manager that clearly doesn't have a clue. I loved the happy memories Warburton gave me last year, but he's miles out his depth. We probably played as bad as the last match, it's just Celtic were equally bad too. Warburton really is a busted flush, and the sooner the fans and board realise he's been a mistake, then all the better. We need rid of him if we want to finish second. 

5 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

We were fucking shite today, and it's 100% down to Warburton. He's not got any answers. His thought of changing things about was putting a right back on right wing. Well, at least we now know that none of our fucking fans will be asking to see Tav at right wing again like they have before. 

Warburton is killing us. McInnes or Neilson would have given that squad a fighting chance. 

If Warburton is going to lose his job he has to be replaced by somebody who is significantly better than him and Neilson & McInnes aren't.

They would just be sideward steps.

Just now, DBBTB said:

If Warburton is going to lose his job he has to be replaced by somebody who is significantly better than him and Neilson & McInnes aren't.

They would just be sideward steps.

They at least understand what is needed against Celtic and the diddy teams. We need to defend well and at least create some chances, things that Warburton hasn't grasped. We played worse and created less chances than the likes of St Mirren and Partick. That's the fucking level Warburton has taken us to. 

We should offer Smith the world to come back. Say what you want about his dour style and shite in Europe, but he'd make us competitive again. 

He's living on past performances. Nothing this season suggests we're in a better position than we were 12mths ago in the Championship. We've certainly been found out. Doesn't take a genius to work us out considering our tactics etc haven't changed since he's been here. Credit he's not had the backing we'd had expected from the board. The gap between us and Celtic looked marginal when we played them in the Semi. Now it looks fucking massive.

I do agree from the outside looking in that it may seem that Warburton could have been backed better financially, but we don't know if he spent what he wanted to spend a la Wenger. That said, I do agree we need a serious cash injection. I certainly don't think Warburton is the man to spend that money though. The £2.5 million fucking waste on Garner and MOH ffs.