The way the Germans played the night against the tarriers

GOAT

7 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

The thing about Waggy & McKay is we know they're capable of wonderful things, they're playing within themselves just now 

I'd like to see a midfield of Rossiter, Halliday and Holt, with a front 3 of Windass, Waghorn and McKay. Don't think it will happen though.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main problem with our build up play right now is we are so over elaborate and need to make 20 passes at times just to get the ball into the box and that gives the opposition time to regroup if they lose the ball to us in the middle.

We also play a 4-3-3 but the two wide players in that formation rarely cross the ball into the box and would rather pass it back the way than try and find the main striker with a quick ball in.

Our build up is incredibly slow and frustrating to watch at times, we just do not have the players to play 4-3-3 and till that changes I cant see any chance of major improvement.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'd like to see a midfield of Rossiter, Halliday and Holt, with a front 3 of Windass, Waghorn and McKay. Don't think it will happen though.

Wouldn't be against that selection at all.

Maybe Kranjcar instead of Rossiter but even then I think wee Rossiter is class so he should his chance as well

21 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

We can't let them control the midfield so we need to stand up to them this time. This team need to show they can get the battle fever on.

Managers got a headache because I think that big Niko has the quality to find runners in between their lines but lacks the energy required in a 3 man MF.

In my humble un-educated opinion I think we should be looking to win and control the MF first and foremost so plenty of energy needed. Holt Halliday and Windass for me unless we change it up slightly and go with a narrow 4, Halliday Holt Niko and Windass.

Same goes up front though need plenty of get at them type energy as well. Probably get slaughtered but I think even though Miller's lost a yard or so I start think he's intelligent off the ball and him Waghorn and Mckay need to really get after their back four, FB's in particular.

13 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Wouldn't be against that selection at all.

Maybe Kranjcar instead of Rossiter but even then I think wee Rossiter is class so he should his chance as well

From what I've seen so far (albeit early days) he looks like the perfect fit for this game. Aggressive and very calm on the ball which is exactly what we need. Assuming he's fully fit I'd play him on Sunday.

Agree about Kranjcar, he has been better the past few weeks so I could see why MW may be tempted but I just keep thinking about the first old firm game.

15 hours ago, GOAT said:

That's exactly the way I've always wanted Rangers to play.  Slick passing.  Always on top of the opposition, force them to make mistakes.

We started that way last season, we had a spell towards the end of last season we played the same way.  Then it disappeared, and it's been rotten this season.

whats changed?  Let's get right on top of them from the start on Sunday and force them to make the same mistakes.

There's one word in the thread title that explains a lot.  "Germans".

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Gladbach had three or four key players missing, they haven't won a game in the Bundesliga in the last 13 games yet they run the Bheast ragged last night. Just shows the gulf between the leagues.

You cant watch much german football or your getting them mixed up with someone else.

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

if Dodoo is to be classed as our best forward then we might as well fucking sack it now. almost every player we have just now should become a squad player after the summer bar 4/5 of them.

How long do people think we should put up with low expectations of the p;layers brought in to wear our shirt? This is the first year back, fair enough, stabilise a bit but after this season i expect money to be spent.

I agree with you about the need to spend. I posted on another thread that we need a core of 3-4 £1-2m+ players to take us to the level we need to be at.

On Dodoo- we've not seen a lot of him, but IMO with a run in the side he will develop into a top class player. You can see he's direct, has an ability to go past a man, pace to get in behind and looks strong enough to hold up the ball as well. If there are players like McKay, who the gaffer sees as undroppable based upon their potential- I'd put Dodoo in that category as well. IMO with a run in the side the goals would come.

Dodoo aged 21, has played about 4 games for us and is already considered just a 'squad player' by some

The days of us signing Mols, De Boer, Albertz etc are long gone. 

This whole judging and writing off a player who's barely even kicked a ball for us needs to stop because they're Rangers players at the end of the day, no doubt people pray that Garner, Dodoo etc play shite so they can say 'I told you so, I was right, I'm so right"

When there's no better alternative, you go with the best you've got 

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Dodoo aged 21, has played about 4 games for us and is already considered just a 'squad player' by some

The days of us signing Mols, De Boer, Albertz etc are long gone. 

This whole judging and writing off a player who's barely even kicked a ball for us needs to stop because they're Rangers players at the end of the day, no doubt people pray that Garner, Dodoo etc play shite so they can say 'I told you so, I was right, I'm so right"

When there's no better alternative, you go with the best you've got 

Totally agree we're building a team from scratch we need time before making judgement I'm glad there's some sensible people on here as well! 

I think because last year the team hit the ground running it built confidence that's not happened this year so let's just give them some time!!

8 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Midfield of Halliday Holt and Windass could probably pull it off on their day.  a front 3 consisting of at least 2 of Waghorn, Mckay and Garner however .... :power_of_anguish:

Garner is certainly risky, very hot headed and could be a card worry. 

Yeah a little aggression is fun to see to an extent, but when they could play him like a fiddle it's a problem. Tackle him bad a few times, piss him off and the rest plays itself. Before you know it we're down to 10 men again. 

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

More sectarian behaviour from TGFIW last night just clocked on BBC Scotland news. 

IMG_2437.JPG

30 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Just looking for stuff to be offended by now.

I dont get offended by anything they bastards do but what I do get offended with is by not been treated equal as that mob when it comes to anything.