Manager's After Match Reaction

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

his after match stuff could be pre recorded its the same regardless. he is not getting the players working hard enough on the pitch but says they work and train hard if that's the case something needs to change. I know we don't have the squad we all want but there is enough to do better if they get of their arses on the pitch and show willing. we need king to invest as heavily as he has promised to get the quality we want so as we can start to compete. this squad was put together to see us through the transition but money needs to be available. in mw defence he has got us playing pretty football but it needs to deliver results.

Just now, Number5 said:

It's hard to judge really as we've played them twice so far and been pretty much dominated in both games. The scoreline today flattered us really. We probably couldn't have complained if we got done by 3. Don't want the scoreline to in anyway mask the gulf.

It was so one sided that it makes me sick that we've allowed these fuckers to create a gap that seemed there to be closed after the semi final last season.

The gap isn't closed. If we're being truthful, more needs to be done (King ya stingy prick). We've gambled and took this season on with what we had and it's not going great. I think we are all agreed on that. However, and I might be the only one here, I can see us getting stronger and we will start to pick up points in the league and play better. Today was sore, of course it was, but the league is priority and a good strong finish with dosh to spend in the summer (King ya prick), will see us doing the business next year. If we can stick to a plan like that and see continued improvement, then I think we are heading in the right direction. Reality check, MW doesn't have a fucking magic hat and can only use what he has. Give him more next season and he will do a better job.

15 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I'd like to know what happened to all the folk that said they would tolerate some bad results in order to allow the manager time to install his philosophy.

Im here, but whats the fucking point, best to come back on in five days when the hysterics have died down.

9 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Im here, but whats the fucking point, best to come back on in five days when the hysterics have died down.

Sack the manager, sack the board, drop the whole team. Blah blah blah.

And people say MW is predictable.

7 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

The gap isn't closed. If we're being truthful, more needs to be done (King ya stingy prick). We've gambled and took this season on with what we had and it's not going great. I think we are all agreed on that. However, and I might be the only one here, I can see us getting stronger and we will start to pick up points in the league and play better. Today was sore, of course it was, but the league is priority and a good strong finish with dosh to spend in the summer (King ya prick), will see us doing the business next year. If we can stick to a plan like that and see continued improvement, then I think we are heading in the right direction. Reality check, MW doesn't have a fucking magic hat and can only use what he has. Give him more next season and he will do a better job.

I'm hoping that when Crooks, Rossiter and Windass get upto full fitness that we can get a run of results with improved performances. We need our creative players and front men to start hitting some form.

I would like to see MW giving a chance. But if he finishes outside the top 2 he may be gone? 

33 minutes ago, Number5 said:

It's hard to judge really as we've played them twice so far and been pretty much dominated in both games. The scoreline today flattered us really. We probably couldn't have complained if we got done by 3. Don't want the scoreline to in anyway mask the gulf.

It was so one sided that it makes me sick that we've allowed these fuckers to create a gap that seemed there to be closed after the semi final last season.

only people that believed the gap was closing or closed aftre the semi is the ones that got too caught up in the hype of beating them, that semi final we got lucky, from millers finish in the first half to mckays screamer we didnt have a single shot on goal that whole time, almost an hour of football for not one shot on goal that day, the tims battered us at points that day

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

I'm hoping that when Crooks, Rossiter and Windass get upto full fitness that we can get a run of results with improved performances. We need our creative players and front men to start hitting some form.

I would like to see MW giving a chance. But if he finishes outside the top 2 he may be gone? 

At the end of the day, none of us knows what the fuck is going on. We will never agree with the managers starting 11 and will constantly question his decisions. That's coz we have the luxury of picking names. He has the luxury of knowing the players and insight into where the players are at. I'm not 100% behind him just now, but I'm not 100% against him either. All is not lost in the grand scheme of things and we can still get our 55 before they ever get near it.

Regardless where we finish this year, the manager should remain and be given a crack next year with the money King said he had.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Hey lads . It's just a LEAGUE cup final we lost

" lets look at the positive  "

It is bollocks

It is simply why we are regressing as a team .

They are not scared of him ,not scared to turn in shite performances

It's actually McKay that's in charge. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

only people that believed the gap was closing or closed aftre the semi is the ones that got too caught up in the hype of beating them, that semi final we got lucky, from millers finish in the first half to mckays screamer we didnt have a single shot on goal that whole time, almost an hour of football for not one shot on goal that day, the tims battered us at points that day

I disagree. I thought we looked a better side and far far more competitive, although they had better chances. The confidence we had on the ball and how we pressed was a million miles from where we are now. The gap then was smaller than it is now, no doubt. They knew this and did something about it. New manager and a couple of players to make the difference.

We sadly have gone the other way for whatever reason.

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

That game is probably the worst thing to have happened to us. We've been woeful ever since.

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I disagree. I thought we looked a better side and far far more competitive, although they had better chances. The confidence we had on the ball and how we pressed was a million miles from where we are now. The gap then was smaller than it is now, no doubt. They knew this and did something about it. New manager and a couple of players to make the difference.

we maybe looked for more competitve, but again you have to look at the whole picture, the tarriers clearly not playing for their gaffer that day or time frame, again we passed it well etc, but it resulted in not one single shot on goal for a full hour, we couldnt get in behind them at all, it took a 30 yard screamer to get us ahead again, as much as well kept the ball etc, the rattlers had the far better chances and should have beat us that day

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Another way to look at it is that managers only get sick of the OF / Glasgow media fishbowl if they are not successful.    If they are successful the pressure is a whole lot less.   Sooner of later the media will start to ask him if he is considering his future after what was another OF defeat which could have been a lot worse than 1-0.   This too from a Rangers team that was supposed to be well motivated for this game but which - apart from 2 - were far from up for the game. 

Whether sooner or later his going would present something other than finding a replacement for King to worry about.    Warburton has managed to introduce a number of back room folks of his choosing into Rangers.   People who buy into the Warburton management/coaching-by-analysis approach to football.    A successor more focussed on delivering winning results might look at football life a bit differently so changing one might really mean changing quite a lot of people.

Personally I think Warburton would be better suited to a DOF role and taken out of the spotlight of delivering results on a weekly basis.  Sort of keep him but replace him.  

Can't resist it.....sorry, just can't........McCoist?.....is that King's fallback if the Warburton experiment derails?

Yur huvin a giraffe 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

we maybe looked for more competitve, but again you have to look at the whole picture, the tarriers clearly not playing for their gaffer that day or time frame, again we passed it well etc, but it resulted in not one single shot on goal for a full hour, we couldnt get in behind them at all, it took a 30 yard screamer to get us ahead again, as much as well kept the ball etc, the rattlers had the far better chances and should have beat us that day

I'll agree but my original comment was the gap was far smaller then than it is now which is true. 

Our team that played them in that semi would beat our team we put out today.

We were far more competitive with a few of our bigger players missing.

We were brave that day, something that cannot be said of this team the last 2 games against them.

Why is he never fucking raging.

Why did he not say "two shots on goal the whole game is bloody shocking I'm just out the dressing room have tore them all a new arsehole"

wheres his passion for this great club, where's his fucking anger in his eyes  

He talks like he has very low expectations... I bet he ate his dinner tonight because I fucking can't I'm that fucking angry. 

Ffs boss show us your heart will you because if it's not in it you can leave. 

1 hour ago, BF2 said:

I'd like to know what happened to all the folk that said they would tolerate some bad results in order to allow the manager time to install his philosophy.

I'll say again I don't want him sacked but I don't think it's as simple as that either. A philosophy has to be going somewhere and our football has regressed after last seasons excellent start, it became less enjoyable after New Year and the April semi-final aside there really hasn't been much football to be entertained by. Not saying it's as bad as the McCoist/McDowall times but it wouldn't take much to be an improvement on that 

I still want us to build from top to bottom just starting to wonder if Warburton is the right man long term, but the clear lack of alternatives and the fact we could start changing managers every few months means I won't be calling for his head right now 

18 minutes ago, Number5 said:

They effectively have 2 midfields that's why. The 2 sitters and 3 pressers. If the sitters break up our play just one forward pass gets them beyond our 3 and onto our back 4. Happened at least a dozen times today.

If the 3 pressers win the ball off our 3 they are straight onto our back 4. Happened less today than last time because we didnt risk it and went longer if pressed in that way. In last year's semi they had a flat 4 so we could dominate the ball without worrying about them playing between our lines.

But now....If the 3 pressers make us go backwards and we dont risk it trying to play out and go long they mop it up easily. Our 3 man midfield is swamped against a 2 and then 3 man midfield. It's not a 5....it's 2 banks and we are continually caught between their lines and can't get out.

It's a clever formation that swamps our midfield strength, allows their full backs to get fwd and nullifies our wide men. Leaving Miller on scraps.

IMO we have to match that formation. 

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why is he never fucking raging.

Why did he not say "two shots on goal the whole game is bloody shocking I'm just out the dressing room have tore them all a new arsehole"

wheres his passion for this great club, where's his fucking anger in his eyes  

He talks like he has very low expectations... I bet he ate his dinner tonight because I fucking can't I'm that fucking angry. 

Ffs boss show us your heart will you because if it's not in it you can leave. 

POST OF THE FUCKING DAY SOZE