Yesterday

mus

2 things I noticed yesterday, firstly the ball boys are hopeless they seem to be surprised when the ball comes towards them and not sure what to do,

And secondly during the minutes silence yesterday, Michael Stewart was the only person in the press box, possibly the ground who didn't stand for it, I wonder if the shite bag will be wearing a poppy today on sportscene and if it's because the BBC insist on it?

5 minutes ago, mus said:

2 things I noticed yesterday, firstly the ball boys are hopeless they seem to be surprised when the ball comes towards them and not sure what to do,

And secondly during the minutes silence yesterday, Michael Stewart was the only person in the press box, possibly the ground who didn't stand for it, I wonder if the shite bag will be wearing a poppy today on sportscene and if it's because the BBC insist on it?

Your first point about the ball boys/girls is a good one, I am not sure if it was lack of numbers but they seemed slow to get the ball back to the players.

Your point about Stewart is hellish, I cannot understand why anyone would not stand for the silence. :( 

I'm a bit confused,  why on earth would he refuse to stand up? Everyone suffered in the Great War, young men from all across the Commonwealth and Europe. British, Irish, Australian, Canadian, French, German, Italian, Austrian, Indian, American, Presbyterian, Anglican, Catholic, Sikh, Hindu, Upper Class, Middle Class and Working Class. To refuse to stand up would be an insult to the millions of young men who stood in muddy fields waiting to die. 

It's also worth remembering that whilst many young men volunteered at the outbreak of war, most who served had no choice. You couldn't say, "no thanks, not for me". 

Bewildering that someone would choose to be disrespectful. But unfortunately in 2016 Scotland, not all that surprising.  

10 minutes ago, gsa said:

I'm a bit confused,  why on earth would he refuse to stand up? Everyone suffered in the Great War, young men from all across the Commonwealth and Europe. British, Irish, Australian, Canadian, French, German, Italian, Austrian, Indian, American, Presbyterian, Anglican, Catholic, Sikh, Hindu, Upper Class, Middle Class and Working Class. To refuse to stand up would be an insult to the millions of young men who stood in muddy fields waiting to die. 

It's also worth remembering that whilst many young men volunteered at the outbreak of war, most who served had no choice. You couldn't say, "no thanks, not for me". 

Bewildering that someone would choose to be disrespectful. But unfortunately in 2016 Scotland, not all that surprising.  

Most likely because he, and many other idiots, view it as a remembrance for all wars fought - not just the Great War. 

Muslims also a glaring omission from your list, given the Indian Army had 4 times as many Muslims as they did Sikhs (but I'm not surprised).

29 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Most likely because he, and many other idiots, view it as a remembrance for all wars fought - not just the Great War. 

Muslims also a glaring omission from your list, given the Indian Army had 4 times as many Muslims as they did Sikhs (but I'm not surprised).

It was a list. I never claimed it was an exhaustive or compete list. I also didn't list Jews or Atheists and there were would have been many of those who fought and died. I also forgot New Zealanders and South Africans. 

My general point was the Great War stole from everyone. 

Love to see us stick to our loyalist roots. 

No matter where we are, what we do, we'll always keep that blue flag flying high and respect our heritage. 

:scot::uk:

:21::21::21:

But part of that respect is also respecting all of those who fought, were injured, and died in the great wars, which is why ultimately we will always respect that one minutes silence as tribute to those of all nationalities, religions and beliefs who were sacrificed on the battlefield.

Respect.

1 hour ago, gsa said:

You have to remember that we should all be great full to Michael Stewart for allowing us all to live on his earth and stop giving him a bad time.

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

And as far as the ball boys are concerned, as long as they train well, eat well, and learn from their mistakes, I'm sure Mr Warburton and the rest of us will be happy. (tu)

They need to have good Sideline geography.

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Love to see us stick to our loyalist roots. 

No matter where we are, what we do, we'll always keep that blue flag flying high and respect our heritage. 

:scot::uk:

:21::21::21:

But part of that respect is also respecting all of those who fought, were injured, and died in the great wars, which is why ultimately we will always respect that one minutes silence as tribute to those of all nationalities, religions and beliefs who were sacrificed on the battlefield.

Respect.

Well said sir ?