JOCK WALLACE -Hall of Fame

siddiqi_drinker

I think the reason for this taking so long was that some in the media ( the usual suspects ) made him out as a bigot . I was really surprised and delighted that he has made it . If you look at his record he should have been one of the very first to be in there 

Very under-rated. Arguably the best coach we ever had. Before he was sacked he was in the process of building another great side. When I researched this it was only then I appreciated how close he was to doing that, and it doesn't appear to be as widely appreciated as it should be. The young talent he had coming through speaks for itself. 

Back in the days when people were freely  allowed to say what was on their mind or  sing what they wanted  i was at a supporters player of the year dance with Jock Wallace guest of honour. 

After the dinner Jock took the mic and said a few words before giving us a song, "The cry was No Surrender..."

Halcyon days.

11 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Back in the days when people were freely  allowed to say what was on their mind or  sing what they wanted  i was at a supporters player of the year dance with Jock Wallace guest of honour. 

After the dinner Jock took the mic and said a few words before giving us a song, "The cry was No Surrender..."

Halcyon days.

I remember I was at one of the annual 'Rangers Rally' events at the kelvin Hall in the early '80's & the Dennistoun Rangers flute band were performing & Jock Wallace took over the lambeg drum for a few of 'the tunes'. 

The big man was giving it laldy. Brought the house down 

:praise:

Nobody but nobody fucked with the big man, he was hard and fair and anyone not giving 100% and living up to the Rangers standards on and off the foield could prepare for right royal roasting.  Brought us 2 trebles in 3 years an coach in 72.  A true Rangers legend of the absolute highest calibre and probably the last man we'll ever see of his type.

Thoroughly deserved and long overdue.

:praise::praise::praise::praise::praise::praise: