Joe Garner is shite

cushynumber

3 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Andy has been utter shite for months but avoids criticism.

to me garner looks like he hasn't a clue how we play and is more interested in personal battles with oposing players rather than scoring goals.

im going to hold off on him being at the moment though but if it was my choice he'd be dropped for dodoo on Wednesday 

I really like him but do agree with ur post However the only bit I would change about the post is that I would tweak the tactics and actually play garner up with dodoo and bring Miller on later on at tynecastle and I would be confident about going there.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He'd be better as part of a front 2". He's part of a front 3! If anything that should be easier. 2 million and he can't find a team-mate an extra 10 yards away? Haring round the pitch rugby tackling opponents shins isn't good enough for me. Big disappointment so far.

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Lol slating a guy who doesn't get service. He would've buried the same chances as Dodoo today if he got the service. 

Sorry mate, you obviously don't go to games , or you badly need new specs. He misses sitters and it's embarrassing the way he kind of flings himself at crosses in the six yard box. God only knows which part of his body he's hoping to make contact with.

10 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Sorry mate, you obviously don't go to games , or you badly need new specs. He misses sitters and it's embarrassing the way he kind of flings himself at crosses in the six yard box. God only knows which part of his body he's hoping to make contact with.

I go to every single game home and away. I really like him. You watch his goal reels from Preston or even his games with Preston and when the guy gets service in the box he scores. 

It isnt embarrassing at all. We all wanted someone with a bit of fight in him who would run through brick walls or dive at the feet of players with his head for us. He does that and gets slated for it. 

I think hes a good player and once our technical players start turning it on we'll see him bang them in. His header against St J comes from a corner which is service and he used his instincts against Killie (not so sure if it was) to finish in the box after a mis hit

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I go to every single game home and away. I really like him. You watch his goal reels from Preston or even his games with Preston and when the guy gets service in the box he scores. 

It isnt embarrassing at all. We all wanted someone with a bit of fight in him who would run through brick walls or dive at the feet of players with his head for us. He does that and gets slated for it. 

I think hes a good player and once our technical players start turning it on we'll see him bang them in. His header against St J comes from a corner which is service and he used his instincts against Killie (not so sure if it was) to finish in the box after a mis hit

Sorry mate.... total respect if you never miss a game. I really hope your man proves me wrong. I admit he was not too bad against Killie.

I either go to or watch most games, i urge every rangers fan to just watch Joe garner next time they are at ibrox!  The guy is isolated up top and needs a partner.  We have changed our pressing play and that is evident in the lack of goals, on the flip side we do not concede as many.....a happy medium would be great.  We were extremely lucky today and it papered over the cracks, warburton has to be prepared to change his tactics to suit the players at his disposal and not shoehorn them into his philosophy.

Watched this guy carefully today.when the midfielders had the the ball  he would jog 3 yards toward them for a pass to feet .not once did he make a turn or run behind the Patrick defence .he contributed absolutely fuckall to our play other than try to be our own plastic hardman ala broonaldo.the young boy who replaced him is a far superior player imo

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

£1.9 million for that? It's absolutely unreal how poor this guy is. There's nothing about him that I can see that makes me think he is a player.

A total waste of money.

To be brutally fair, it's the way we play that makes him shite, not him.

I wouldn't have him in our team due to the style but that doesn't make him shite. (tu)

A waste of £1.8m and giving him a blue jersey is fucking criminal. 

Apart from HF, the rest are not worthy of a blue jersey. No fight and no passion. They give the impression that they just see it as an easy job and happy to take the blue £. Frustrating and infuriating to say the least.

My biggest concern is if kenny miller packs it in.

Garner is trying his best but maybe through the direct style when at preston ,it worked for him there

He has done nothing since he came that justify,s his wages

We have a shite midfield worst for years !  Then we have the modern one up front tactic .

We need two players up front and time the manager realises it the better for him & us .

52 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Many are very quick to condemn on RM - fairly recently I worked my way though a thread where Dodoo was taking plenty stick and being written off (not by all of course).  In the case of Garner, I like his Bravery and work ethic, also thought he linked up well a couple of times today with a few well won headers, on the flip he looks like an over eager school kid with the timings of his runs (to early so often) and he is a red card waiting to happen - would have no complaints if he had went today.  When Forester arrived MW said he had to settle down and stop being over eager I am hoping JG has some of that about him and he will come good, I certainly haven't written him off however alongside many other players can't really argue with fellow bears who are concluding what they are seeing isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, markem said:

Many are very quick to condemn on RM - fairly recently I worked my way though a thread where Dodoo was taking plenty stick and being written off (not by all of course).  In the case of Garner, I like his Bravery and work ethic, also thought he linked up well a couple of times today with a few well won headers, on the flip he looks like an over eager school kid with the timings of his runs (to early so often) and he is a red card waiting to happen - would have no complaints if he had went today.  When Forester arrived MW said he had to settle down and stop being over eager I am hoping JG has some of that about him and he will come good, I certainly haven't written him off however alongside many other players can't really argue with fellow bears who are concluding what they are seeing isn't good enough.

I agree with the over eagerness. It looks like that sometimes but Forrester stopped trying to hard and it started to work (3 goals 3 assists in 3 games I think) then he got injured in Petrofac cup. Hes coming back onto a game and his fight is the right  balance. 

I just think its in Garners nature. Its an old school way of playing football and I don't think the fans would be picking up on it as much if he starts scoring. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I agree with the over eagerness. It looks like that sometimes but Forrester stopped trying to hard and it started to work (3 goals 3 assists in 3 games I think) then he got injured in Petrofac cup. Hes coming back onto a game and his fight is the right  balance. 

I just think its in Garners nature. Its an old school way of playing football and I don't think the fans would be picking up on it as much if he starts scoring. 

There is the odd wee thing I do think could be coached including the timings of his runs.  Kieran jumping to early (losing the header or giving the foul way) is another, although I didn't see much of that today from him.