Halliday

livibear101

Just now, K.A.I said:

All joking aside I get where you're coming from mate.

If I was a Rangers player and kinda shite the chances are I'd know it myself deep down and reading a lot of the comments and threads about me would be devastating but there would be something inside me that would make me want to prove people wrong too so just depends.

But to flip it, if I was taking home 7k per week I don't think be too downbeat either. Provided I gave it my all I think I'd get over it. 

If I was a pro footballer I would simply say to myself "what do they cunts know? - they are punters - I'm the pro".

...and repeat it 8000 times into the mirror every day....

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, K.A.I said:

All joking aside I get where you're coming from mate.

If I was a Rangers player and kinda shite the chances are I'd know it myself deep down and reading a lot of the comments and threads about me would be devastating but there would be something inside me that would make me want to prove people wrong too so just depends.

But to flip it, if I was taking home 7k per week I don't think be too downbeat either. Provided I gave it my all I think I'd get over it. 

If I was a player and I read "needs dropped, not performing" I'd think fuck I need to get the finger out 

If I read "waste of a jersey, fakes injury, players abysmal etc" id be devastated too

I just think there's a limit

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

If I was a player and I read "needs dropped, not performing" I'd think fuck I need to get the finger out 

If I read "waste of a jersey, fakes injury, players abysmal etc" id be devastated too

I just think there's a limit

Totally fair.

I don't rate Halliday - never have (apart from the first couple of months of last season where everyone looked like superstars and everything we did worked) but it's not his fault.

It's not like he doesn't try. He does.

He's every bit the Livingston/Bradford player that we signed if we are honest.

Not every player can be Paul Scholes in his peak - the manager signed him and continues to play him.

I don't think any one of us if we were somehow lucky enough to play for Rangers would ever say "no boss don't play me there's people that don't rate me" ... if the manager put a bit more thought into his summer signings then Halliday would have reverted to a squad player, playing his part when needed and we could look back at his contribution for most of last season (well until we clinched the league and before it went tits up last couple months of last season) and thought he boy come in, done good and done his bit - we just need a higher calibre of player now to push on.

But it's not worked out that way and he's a mainstay in midfield when he's really not that good. With all due respect to him. 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Totally fair.

I don't rate Halliday - never have (apart from the first couple of months of last season where everyone looked like superstars and everything we did worked) but it's not his fault.

Not every player can be Paul Scholes in his peak - the manager signed him and continues to play him.

I don't think any one of us if we were somehow lucky enough to play for Rangers would ever say "no boss don't play me there's people that don't rate me" ... if the manager put a bit more thought into his summer signings then Halliday would have reverted to a squad player, playing his part when needed and we could look back at his contribution for most of last season (well until we clinched the league and before it went tits up last couple months of last season) and thought he boy come in, done good and done his bit - we just need a higher calibre of player now to push on.

But it's not worked out that way and he's a mainstay in midfield when he's really not that good. With all due respect to him. 

:lol: That will soften the blow mate - well done.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Totally fair.

Excellent post mate, totally agree, I never post on here what I wouldn't say to a players face for example I'd tell Kiernan that he can't pass 10 yards so stop attempting to do it :lol: I'd tell McKay to fucking up his game and get stuck in or he will forever be a championship player at best...what I wouldn't say to Halliday is "you're abysmal, waste of a jersey, think you can be a hero just because you were born on Copland road etc etc"......

I mind I was at an away game in Livi and there was his fat cunt screaming at Lovenkrands who was but yards away "you're fucking shite, get tae fuck" etc etc and I though fair enough he was absolutely shite that day but what help does this do? What positives can this bring to a player who is already playing shite?

If I was a player and read your post above mate I would think "aye it's up to me to prove him wrong, I'll show him etc"...I haven't even read after page 2 but I thought the first 2 pages were bringing some unwarranted comments for a player who at the end of the day is trying his hardest, see Olivier Bernard for "waste of a jersey"...nice to have an actual conversation about it to be honest

if Windass stays fit I think he could turn out a good signing. but as far as signings that were made to inhance the first eleven from last season I don't think any of the other ones will be a success and I think mw has failed miserably in the most important transfer window we have had in a few years. just my opinion but I think we could of got better players in on the budget that was spent.

4 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

if Windass stays fit I think he could turn out a good signing. but as far as signings that were made to inhance the first eleven from last season I don't think any of the other ones will be a success and I think mw has failed miserably in the most important transfer window we have had in a few years. just my opinion but I think we could of got better players in on the budget that was spent.

Difference is night and day to the start of last season, but we can't put it down to step up in league because the first half like KAI said we were destroying teams and then after Dundee and Celtic it has completely gone, nothing when we play remotely looks like the side it was before

Now I don't know if it's maybe the training or overall management of MW but it seems that when the team was new and fresh they were fantastic to watch, as time goes on they are getting worse and look every bit the team that is fighting for second and miles behind the scum

Something is not right with the team/squad

I think Windass is the only one of the signings who looks like he can be a player, Dodoo as well but that's only since the weekend so if he can keep up the form then great but other than that the window has been a disaster and we could all see as the windrow closing drew closer

4 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Aye well it doesn't help when you've constantly got cunts on your back, easy to tell you've never played football or been a coach, encouragement is the way forward and gets the best out of players, not constant fucking moaning

If Andy 'Mr Rangers' Halliday isn't aware that he is and should be slated by the Rangers support for his performances then maybe he isn't as connected to the Rangers support as he makes out. 

On 11/28/2016 at 6:40 PM, King Jela said:

If Andy 'Mr Rangers' Halliday isn't aware that he is and should be slated by the Rangers support for his performances then maybe he isn't as connected to the Rangers support as he makes out. 

If I was a football player, I'd take advice regarding my performance from other footballers and people in the profession rather than people who watch it. Does offer a different perspective which is always a important thing to have. Should run this way, should play in this position etc etc.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

If I was a football player, I'd take advice regarding my performance from other footballers and people in the profession rather than people who watch it. Does offer a different perspective which is always a important thing to have. Should run this way, should play in this position etc etc.

Who better than Andy Halliday in the position he's playing in has been saying he's been doing a good job, maybe I've missed it? 

28 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Who better than Andy Halliday in the position he's playing in has been saying he's been doing a good job, maybe I've missed it? ]

Well right now he's default starter because again we've found ourselves with no CDM and he's our best thing.

If we did get someone good in or when Rossiter gets fit, he would have a real battle but then Halliday would try like fuck to get back into the team despite the position. (Halliday for GK) 

He's obviously doing something right and most games he does do something right, a CDM is a role that isn't really noticed. It's like defending and goalkeeping. Less you see the better the situation is. 

I think Halliday has looked decent at points this season and other times he doesn't look like he has a clue what he's doing. Partick thistle at home was his best game for us, he was flying into tackles and starting attacks, the way a Rangers midfielder should. The Joey Barton situation seemed to put a rocket up his arse but since that game against PT, he's regressed pretty badly.

its a shame because he's one of those players you want to see succeed - because he knows what it's all about, but at the end of the day, you can't just have the passion, you need the ability as well to be a success at Rangers. 

Maybe he has it, maybe he doesn't, but he has to show it quickly or he'll be a forgotten man. IMO, no competition for places (rossiter and crooks injuries) is the biggest reason for his loss in form. 

7 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Halliday's a good player. He's been off-form but has still been our best midfielder this season IMO. He's the least of our problems.

Agreed. He's not played that well the last few games but that's what happens. The fact that a lot his game is about bursting a gut for the team means he might be getting a bit tired and needing a break. 

We need him and holt in the centre of the park for us, without the pair of them we've looked absolutely shite. And for anyone who then says to that "they're not Rangers standard", aye,  they are Rangers standard because they're our best two centre mids at the moment and have both played well in a number of games. 

Aye he's maybe not going to develop into a top top player but I see enough him to suggest he could be a decent player for us for a number of years. 

He also saw off Barton too which now the dust has settled shows he's got something. 

9 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Well right now he's default starter because again we've found ourselves with no CDM and he's our best thing.

If we did get someone good in or when Rossiter gets fit, he would have a real battle but then Halliday would try like fuck to get back into the team despite the position. (Halliday for GK) 

He's obviously doing something right and most games he does do something right, a CDM is a role that isn't really noticed. It's like defending and goalkeeping. Less you see the better the situation is. 

Now you're just mixing yourself up. You basically said before that fans opinions mean nothing, then you said he's there by default because we've got no one else and now he 'must be doing something right because he's still in the team' :lol::lol::lol: 

Hes fucking pish. 

21 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You basically said before that fans opinions mean nothing,

Still stand by that, in a professional situation they don't. I don't think Mark Warburton will be pissing his pants to listen to you or I concerning squad issues. 

22 minutes ago, King Jela said:

then you said he's there by default because we've got no one else

Rossiter = injured

Crooks = injured/regaining fitness

Barton = gone

Name me someone in our current squad that could pass as a CDM. That is by 'n' large the biggest reason why Halliday is still there. 

23 minutes ago, King Jela said:

'must be doing something right because he's still in the team'

When Rossiter was available for selection there was times where Halliday still made it in the team first before him. Also I never said done something right in our eyes, like I said before, in a professional sense he could be doing something that warrants his place. 

I've been saying for weeks he's not brave enough or technically good enough to be the player who takes the ball off GK/CB's. We don't really have that type of player, maybe that's what Crooks is going to be like when fit? We need a Hemdani-type composed head in there to calm things down and get us moving, I always panic when Halliday gets it in that CDM spot. It's nothing against him as I think he's a good player but just not suited to that position and he's taking a lot of slack for it

On 26/11/2016 at 7:30 PM, nik2402 said:

I don't get it at all. The single most average player in our team.

Constantly out of position. Every single game he stays on the floor hitting the ground like he's broke his leg after being caught out. Fakes injury so the fans then clap when he gets up. Gets away with murder cause he was born on the copland road. Needs dropped

Another game where Mr Rangers fakes injury and rolls around on the floor with his hand up. A fucking shitebag

Up until now I took the line that whilst he was not quite good enough to be a lynchpin, he was a useful squad player. 

He's not. He's shocking.

Got carried away and starting thinking he was a Ranger after one semi-decent season in the Championship. 

He's not. He's a lower league player who got lucky. Another pathetic performance.  

He's pish but cause he grew up on the Copland he'll get away with it. Try growing up in viewpark (republican IRA hotzone) getting battered and spat at everyday and getting yer windaes tanned then see who's a real rangers man fucking useless prick should be nowhere near the team