I'll tell you one thing that makes me proud

K.A.I

Forgetting all the other stuff that's been done to death (our defence, our attack, Halliday, no investment, Warburton's tactics) something that's a major positive we can take pride from this season is the way we have won the game a few times (3 or 4 times now including yesterday?) in injury time or the 90'th minute.

This was something that for years, maybe past 20+ years I was always jealous of the tarriers for. You could bet your life if they were getting beat or drawing from 85 minutes onwards, especially at Parkhead they would win or salvage the game.

Despite our other, obvious failings this is a really good trait and something we can possibly build on (that type of spirit)

You could argue, though, that we shouldn't be getting ourselves in that position that we need to leave it so late - that's valid, but football games sometimes go that way and I know it's a cliche but those games, if you can scrape it do win you titles/trophies. Btw I'm not saying we are winning the title, just pointing it out. 

Guest Lloyd72

The team for all their criticisms about mentality and all of that do seem to have a never say die attitude. I believe the fantastic support that we have also contributes to it.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Forgetting all the other stuff that's been done to death (our defence, our attack, Halliday, no investment, Warburton's tactics) something that's a major positive we can take pride from this season is the way we have won the game a few times (3 or 4 times now including yesterday?) in injury time or the 90'th minute.

This was something that for years, maybe past 20+ years I was always jealous of the tarriers for. You could bet your life if they were getting beat or drawing from 85 minutes onwards, especially at Parkhead they would win or salvage the game.

Despite our other, obvious failings this is a really good trait and something we can possibly build on (that type of spirit)

You could argue, though, that we shouldn't be getting ourselves in that position that we need to leave it so late - that's valid, but football games sometimes go that way and I know it's a cliche but those games, if you can scrape it do win you titles/trophies. Btw I'm not saying we are winning the title, just pointing it out. 

(tu)

Good post mate,

MW was saying recently, that a big thing that has impressed him about the opposition up here, compared to his experience down south, is their undoubted effort when playing us.

And now knowing this first hand, he and his staff are continually impressing this fact on our players (some obviously have never encountered this previously) and that may be the reason you have noticed this resolute effort .... It's what you would expect though from The Rangers and nice to see that all is not lost with this crew.

Yesterday's game was like a cup tie game and I'm obviously glad that we won through the effort you described in your post.

A long tome ago .... the slogan that Firhill was famous for, was .... Firhill For Thrills ..... yesterday it lived up to that claim, as it was certainly that from start to finish.

:uk:

PS :- From start to finish should have been .... From Dodoo's first goal to his winning one ..... :lol:

Agree that we shouldn't be in the position in the first place but it's refreshing to see a bit of fight from us.

Under previous managers that goal from Partick would have finished us IMO. Warburton might not be getting the results we want and we might not agree with his system and team selections but his teams always play until the final whistle regardless of the scoreline. 

It certainly is a good trait to have.  Looking again for the positive, winning late also has the psychological advantage in that it dashes the hopes of the competition when they think you are dropping points.  I know I'm always gutted when the dark side score a late winner to take the points.  Gets to be a bit demoralising particularly if it gets to be a regular occurrence.

If only that mob would drop a few cheap points, our late goal wins might start playing on their mind (we can but be optimistic).

There was a couple of times yesterday when we got to the byline and crossed it low and hard only for the first Rangers player to try and score from a tight area, a step over/dummy would have resulted in a simple tap in from 6 yards out, anyone spot this? I assume the guy in the middle (Holt was defo one) would be screaming "leave it"

A last minute winner certainly gives you a buzz.

C'mon lads, it was just a comparison K.A.I was making to give his point the punch it required.

In context it worked, as it was a good example, and was not meant to be literally his feeling (no Rangers supporter need ever be "jealous" of that mob) ...  it was just a relevant example nothing more.

Do like your positivity and it is great to play to the final whistle.Shame we only seem to be positive when we go behind though.

With that in mind I propose we just let the opposition walk the ball through us from kick off and let them score.With that bit over we can get on with playing a faster paced game and win more comfortably?

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

C'mon lads, it was just a comparison K.A.I was making to give his point the punch it required.

In context it worked, as it was a good example, and was not meant to be literally his feeling (no Rangers supporter need ever be "jealous" of that mob) ...  it was just a relevant example nothing more.

Sket would rather get his wee buzz word in to make him look like a super-fan. 

Tav's Bandage - I know what you mean. It does paper over the cracks but it's still a good trait to have playing until the very end. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Perhaps it points out that our team are only pressing towards the dying minutes, rather than throughout the entire game - only stepping up a gear when their failure is almost apparent.

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I don't think it addresses a lot of concerns going forward long term but being able to win games in the last minute is a positive for sure

Agee mate .... "Grinding out results" it used to be referred as .... whatever it is called, the OP has nailed it pretty much, and is right ..... it is something to fight to the last minute, and very positive when we walk away happy .... as winners.