I'll tell you one thing that makes me proud

K.A.I

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Forgetting all the other stuff that's been done to death (our defence, our attack, Halliday, no investment, Warburton's tactics) something that's a major positive we can take pride from this season is the way we have won the game a few times (3 or 4 times now including yesterday?) in injury time or the 90'th minute.

This was something that for years, maybe past 20+ years I was always jealous of the tarriers for. You could bet your life if they were getting beat or drawing from 85 minutes onwards, especially at Parkhead they would win or salvage the game.

Despite our other, obvious failings this is a really good trait and something we can possibly build on (that type of spirit)

You could argue, though, that we shouldn't be getting ourselves in that position that we need to leave it so late - that's valid, but football games sometimes go that way and I know it's a cliche but those games, if you can scrape it do win you titles/trophies. Btw I'm not saying we are winning the title, just pointing it out. 

Well said mate. (tu)  I posted yesterday that we -- at least -- seem to be digging out results.  The type of result the scum had.... Well not quite. They were usually gifted the 92nd minute penalty.  lol

But it bodes well.  I look at it like our team is playing for the full 90. Other than a few... most of our players are ignorant of what our shirt means.. The pride it should give you.. the undeniable adherence to excellence. But I digress of course...   December is a massive month (tu)

Thanks for the likes guys.. And I don't want to take K.A.I's excellent thread off topic. We should also give credit to the coaching staff for getting the team playing to the whistle and never giving up (tu) ... But I also hope that one of the reasons that we are winning these matches (that we should win).. is that perhaps.. just perhaps... our demands are getting thru? WE are The Rangers.. WE are the people

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Once MW settles on a starting XI we really will go on a run. I'd love for Dodoo to start through the middle on Wednesday and go on a scoring run cause that is exactly what we need for the next good few games.

I'm not that big on him but he can't not start through the middle on Wed after yesterday. I'd even consider playing my best mate O'Halloran too in a forward 3 along with Miller.

Tynecastle is a small, tight park which might suit him (and some of our other players) a lot better that's my thinking. 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not that big on him but he can't not start through the middle on Wed after yesterday. I'd even consider playing my best mate O'Halloran too in a forward 3 along with Miller.

Tynecastle is a small, tight park which might suit him (and some of our other players) a lot better that's my thinking. 

First time he came on into the position he has said since he came here thats what he is and he scores two. 

I agree with MOH. When he has time to think he fucks it so the tighter park will suit him. 

The players hopefully don't read the media. I've been to Tynecastle a few times and its nowhere near as "intimidating" as it was years ago. Aye the fans are on top of you but most grounds are close to the pitch in the top league. 

Tell you something two 90th min winners in the next two would suit me nicely

Winning games in injury time isn't a habit to get into,We should be winning the game within the 90mins and putting teams like those we have drawn with to bed.

The points dropped against Ross county(twice),Hamilton and Kilmarnock in games we were expected to win would right now see us level on points with Celtc,Although they have two games in hand.

As of right now consistency is going to be very important,Against Hearts midweek if we fail to turn up and get beat it will apply serious pressure once again going into the Aberdeen game on Saturday and again against Hearts the following Saturday.. These are three huge games coming up and we must have three big performances from the players.

Win the games within the 90 and take a whole lot of pressure off us. 

8 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Winning games in injury time isn't a habit to get into,We should be winning the game within the 90mins and putting teams like those we have drawn with to bed.

The points dropped against Ross county(twice),Hamilton and Kilmarnock in games we were expected to win would right now see us level on points with Celtc,Although they have two games in hand.

As of right now consistency is going to be very important,Against Hearts midweek if we fail to turn up and get beat it will apply serious pressure once again going into the Aberdeen game on Saturday and again against Hearts the following Saturday.. These are three huge games coming up and we must have three big performances from the players.

Win the games within the 90 and take a whole lot of pressure off us. 

Not disagreeing mate (tu)  But here's the thing... it gives you belief ...  I am the eternal optimist and am starting to believe we have turned some type of corner.  Precisely because we are winning late. (tu) 

Much needed investment in January/Summer is required.  Hate to say it but the scum are far ahead of us...  (To be expected tbh)

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Shut up, you know what I mean.

I was jealous of the Tarriers because they were playing in and won a cup final today. Is that howling? 

Man U or Germany might have been better comparisons, been doing it for decades and you'd have gotten less grief Good post btw.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Forgetting all the other stuff that's been done to death (our defence, our attack, Halliday, no investment, Warburton's tactics) something that's a major positive we can take pride from this season is the way we have won the game a few times (3 or 4 times now including yesterday?) in injury time or the 90'th minute.

This was something that for years, maybe past 20+ years I was always jealous of the tarriers for. You could bet your life if they were getting beat or drawing from 85 minutes onwards, especially at Parkhead they would win or salvage the game.

Despite our other, obvious failings this is a really good trait and something we can possibly build on (that type of spirit)

You could argue, though, that we shouldn't be getting ourselves in that position that we need to leave it so late - that's valid, but football games sometimes go that way and I know it's a cliche but those games, if you can scrape it do win you titles/trophies. Btw I'm not saying we are winning the title, just pointing it out. 

as much as we would rather not be in the position a last minute winner is a beautiful thing - one team in Glasgow rammed right down their throats 

We done it a good few times last season aswell

for what it's worth you were spot on about that mhob . The amount of times you had the radio or tele on with their game when we were neck and neck for the title and they would pop up and score in the last minute was unreal , it go to the point where at times you were expecting it to happen . 

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Shut up, you know what I mean.

I was jealous of the Tarriers because they were playing in and won a cup final today. Is that howling? 

Couldn't care less what they won I forgot the final was even on.But I understand where you are coming from.

We need to stop going behind in games. If we get the first goal it makes it so much easier for us. possession football, make the opposition open up a bit and easier for us to break them down and get more goals. 

You can't beat the buzz of a last minute winner right enough 

I'd rather we had the game won long before 90 mins,  it stresses fuck out of me, the fact we play shite for 90 mins then score at the end if not a positive for me, of course I'd rather us score in the 93rd than not at all but usually by that time I'm in at shiter of a mood because our performance performance and the goal is more of a relief than a celebration.

Scoring late on to win any game is good.. but I liked the fact the players kept playing the same way. No lumping it forward, it was all measured passes and calmness.y only gripe is that the 2 peices of quality led to 2 goals- if it's frustrating for us fans then you only need to see the managers reaction at how frustrating it can be for him.

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Scoring late on to win any game is good.. but I liked the fact the players kept playing the same way. No lumping it forward, it was all measured passes and calmness.y only gripe is that the 2 peices of quality led to 2 goals- if it's frustrating for us fans then you only need to see the managers reaction at how frustrating it can be for him.

(tu)

What also made me proud was the reaction from the bench amongst our squad and our backroom lads ..... the relief was palpable .... for all of us ....:D

:uk: