Jason Holt

Marky.

Whilst I get that there really were no poor performers today, and there can't be a thread of recognition for everyone, for me, Jason Holt was outstanding today.

He was integral to everything we did today with his non-stop pressing, and clever movement. For a guy of around 5 ft 5, he showed real strength and was fighting for absolutely everything. He didn't give then a minute and he was still sprinting up and down the pitch come the end of the game.

He showed just the fight that was required from the team as a whole today, and perhaps he will be an unsung hero of the day but Holt was dominant.

Buzzing about this victory in general though. Had a real big game feel and the crowd were excellent. Was a pleasure to be there today and it seemed the thread on here about us being the 12th man certainly became a reality this afternoon.

Just now, pcbear said:

One swallow does not make a summer, it was a super performance from him today, we all know he is a great wee player on his game but lets make that the norm( whole team) rather than a one off.

I get your point but I think he's been showing it in the past while now.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

One swallow does not make a summer, it was a super performance from him today, we all know he is a great wee player on his game but lets make that the norm( whole team) rather than a one off.

Fact about today is, this thread could have been written about Garner, McKay, Kiernan, Halliday, Waghorn, Forrester... The list goes on. Everyone fought today. We were excellent but Holt for me was an unsung hero. How many times did he end up coming away with the ball after chasing down an Aberdeen player? Great stuff.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I get your point but I think he's been showing it in the past while now.

That type of performance instead of the no shows against the tims in the last two games would have made them different games, do you think the penny has dropped somewhere to realise this is what the fans demand and respond to, rocket science it aint.

Just now, pcbear said:

That type of performance instead of the no shows against the tims in the last two games would have made them different games, do you think the penny has dropped somewhere to realise this is what the fans demand and respond to, rocket science it aint.

What was very evident was that the players took responsibility for the ball; it reminded me of a Walter team in that respect, because we stood up and forced the play very much in midfield. You're right, the penny perhaps did drop. Maybe the players discussing the last match before this one made the difference. That performance caught the fans because of the desire from the whole team; in that respect it was brilliant.

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

Fact about today is, this thread could have been written about Garner, McKay, Kiernan, Halliday, Waghorn, Forrester... The list goes on. Everyone fought today. We were excellent but Holt for me was an unsung hero. How many times did he end up coming away with the ball after chasing down an Aberdeen player? Great stuff.

Sometimes he chased and harried and put in a tackle but just couldn't win the ball. He seems to want to win the tackle and have possession rather than just boot it and break up the play. He was good today but would be better if he sometimes just won the tackle first, and having possession came second. Too critical maybe?

23 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

I honestly don't see what he gives you. He puts a shift in and that's about it. Continually loses the ball. Soft in the tackle. Can't pass it. 

Never in a million years a Rangers midfielder. 

Great wee player imo when he plays well the team plays well