Should Celtic FC be shut down?

Gaz52

Nonce FC closed down  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Close them down?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, Inigo said:

See, that's the wrong attitude for this kind for thing. This should be all about child abuse, not opportunism, however vindictive towards us they've been in the past. This should have nothing to do with hatred towards our club from them.

Who made you the attitude police? If you remember the question is should they be shut down or not. If I've an attitude on the subject it's shared by the vast majority on here. Regarding the other subject I've made my opinions very clear on various other threads.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

I've said it already and I'll repeat it again and again if needs be. This thread is not asking us whether we proscecute anyone if there is evidence against them. If it were asking that, I'd vote in agreement. To be clear: all of the guilty should be punished with every element of the law. This crime should be out in the clear light of day. 

I agree,  but the punishments have to retrospective and severe.  The directors of companies can now be jailed for corporate manslaughter charges,  perhaps punishments like these have to be brought against club directors as well as stripping titles and honour amassed during the times when the abuse happened.  Make no mistake if Rangers was found to have covered something like this up I could never bring myself to support the club again.  There is a line that cannot and should not be crossed,  child abuse,  for me,  is that line. As I said previously I'm look at this from the point of view of a father...  I have 4 kids.  I would be interested in hearing the point of view of a mother on this.  @bluebeardory if you haven't already commented I would be very interested in your thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

I agree,  but the punishments have to retrospective and severe.  The directors of companies can now be jailed for corporate manslaughter charges,  perhaps punishments like these have to be brought against club directors as well as stripping titles and honour amassed during the times when the abuse happened.  Make no mistake if Rangers was found to have covered something like this up I could never bring myself to support the club again.  There is a line that cannot and should not be crossed,  child abuse,  for me,  is that line. 

Your last couple of sentences sum up how I feel.

Just now, Gazza1212 said:

Who made you the attitude police? If you remember the question is should they be shut down or not. If I've an attitude on the subject it's shared by the vast majority on here. Regarding the other subject I've made my opinions very clear on various other threads.

I remember the question. I was replying to your post, not the question. And invoking 'the majority' is meaningless.

If you think it is the right attitude to take, I'm all ears as to why you think the abuse of kids should be taken as a good opportunity to settle scores.

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I remember the question. I was replying to your post, not the question. And invoking 'the majority' is meaningless.

If you think it is the right attitude to take, I'm all ears as to why you think the abuse of kids should be taken as a good opportunity to settle scores.

I've listed more than enough reasons to see them no more without going anywhere near the other subject.  "Child Abuse and settle scores" That's you're words not mine but I'm curious as to why you would infer the link

1 minute ago, Gazza1212 said:

I've listed more than enough reasons to see them no more without going anywhere near the other subject.  "Child Abuse and settle scores" That's you're words not mine but I'm curious as to why you would make infer the link

Mate, the way you're talking it's you that's making it about that. I'm just pointing it out.

I'm not inferring anything that isn't there. This post is virtually the definition of using it to settle other scores...

'Then how to put a stop to the unadulterated hatred they continue to demonstrate towards our club?  It's an unquenchable thirst they have. Branded forever more or not they've made it abundantly clear that's never going to stop and it goes way way beyond rivalry. 

A few years ago I probably was of similar opinion but not now. I consider myself to be level headed and relatively street wise but over the last few years even I've been taken aback at the consistency of their poison. If the handle for the trap door was in front of me right now I'd happily put them out their collective misery without hesitation.'

As I said subsequently, it's not the biggest deal and it is understandable to have a vengeful motivation, but it's certainly worth pointing out that it's maybe not the best way to look at it. Motivation is quite important, especially given the moral swamp that this issue has become. This isn't about us getting the chance to pull a lever, it's about people getting justice and criminals getting punished

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Mate, the way you're talking it's you that's making it about that. I'm just pointing it out.

I'm not inferring anything that isn't there. This post is virtually the definition of using it to settle other scores...

'Then how to put a stop to the unadulterated hatred they continue to demonstrate towards our club?  It's an unquenchable thirst they have. Branded forever more or not they've made it abundantly clear that's never going to stop and it goes way way beyond rivalry. 

A few years ago I probably was of similar opinion but not now. I consider myself to be level headed and relatively street wise but over the last few years even I've been taken aback at the consistency of their poison. If the handle for the trap door was in front of me right now I'd happily put them out their collective misery without hesitation.'

As I said subsequently, it's not the biggest deal and it is understandable to have a vengeful motivation, but it's certainly worth pointing out that it's maybe not the best way to look at it. Motivation is quite important, especially given the moral swamp that this issue has become. This isn't about us getting the chance to pull a lever, it's about people getting justice and criminals getting punished

None of the above relates to the abuse thing. It's you that keeps bringing that up for reasons best known to yourself. 

Once again , the question was do you want them gone yes or no? I answered yes and I don't need to cite the abuse thing for leverage for my reasoning. Another thing if I want a lecture I'll go speak with my auld man so do me a favour and move on I've got work in the morning.

9 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

None of the above relates to the abuse thing. It's you that keeps bringing that up for reasons best known to yourself. 

Once again , the question was do you want them gone yes or no? I answered yes and I don't need to cite the abuse thing for leverage for my reasoning. Another thing if I want a lecture I'll go speak with my auld man so do me a favour and move on I've got work in the morning.

Given the flow of the conversation and the subject matter at hand, that's a tough one to accept. It's was never a 'do you want them gone, yes or no?' thread. It was, and I quote, 'After yet more revelations about child abuse that went on at Parkhead, should this horrible institution be allowed to continue?'... etc, ect. It's specifically about getting rid of them because of the abuse. 

As for your last sentence. Off you trot to bed then, nobody's stopping you. Lecture? :lol: You're clearly familiar with the forum by now. You should be familiar with people taking issue with things people say and expressing that. It's kind of the point. Try not to be so sensitive.

Tommy Burns name seems to come up a lot in these things.

"and Burns rushed out to Cairney's terraced home in Viewpark,
Lanarkshire, after receiving a call from the man he considers a close friend. Leaving his house the manager was reported to have said:
"He [Cairney] has the whole of my backing and that of Celtic Football Club to a man."

McCafferty was kit man under Burns

Sure he knew torbett as well

33 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Should have been shut down after Torbett now more allegations are out I hope that is the end of the abuse but I fear the worst.

There will be a few that have spent all the money they were given as a pay off may fancy being in limelight again .

Certain of it .

Fuck this being all high and moral about the ones that were abused . It happened but there is one club who covered it up .

We all know that . Beggars McNeil even said as much .Brazil said so . Big Jock did indeed .

Get those corrupt beggars punished . Scotland's bheastly club

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

There will be a few that have spent all the money they were given as a pay off may fancy being in limelight again .

Certain of it .

Fuck this being all high and moral about the ones that were abused . It happened but there is one club who covered it up .

We all know that . Beggars McNeil even said as much .Brazil said so . Big Jock did indeed .

Get those corrupt beggars punished . Scotland's bheastly club

That's different from new people coming forward those who were victims deserve anything they get going forward compensation wise I just hope that all victims are in the open now and that cesspit of a club has no more secrets to hide.

They should never have been allowed to have been born.

Formed by a bigoted, paranoid fenian with the solitary objective of keeping young, poor catholic kids out of Protestant soup kitchens - a history of abusing these same children. 

They are an absolute cancer in this country, the country that fed and clothed their people in their hour of need, when their own country failed them - and all they have ever repaid it with is hatred. 

9 hours ago, Inigo said:

Not for me. Punish it and clean it up whilst jailing the individuals responsible. Same with the BBC. Same if for the Catholic Church. Same if it turns out Chelsea or whatever other club turns out to be in the same boat. Same for any other industry, organisation or company.

Yes I agree and whilst voting to have them disbanded I will not retract that such is my vengeful hatred of what they have done, continued to do and would (I have no doubt) continue to do if not removed from the influence they have, not only towards vile crimes against children but also their influence on Scottish society as a whole. If the investigation involves cover-ups within other organisations such as football authorities, catholic church, broadcasters, government et al then what we have is organised paedophile organisations. It may be impossible to shut down churches and governments but if you cut out their customers then you are doing the innocent people justice.

The Bar-L should be seriously overcrowded when this finishes.

9 hours ago, tannerall said:

Most of the English clubs which have had allegations of abuse made against them recently, have immediately said they would start club investigations. Wonder if the taigs will do this publicly too. (And I bet the beastly the bastards have probably been investigating internally and sweeping it under the carpet for decades now)

This must be a criminal investigation and cannot be dealt with in-house

8 hours ago, saintbob1969 said:

Are you saying it is decent and appropriate to use child abuse as a means of attacking those we are morally better than.

The subject just happens to be child abuse. If it happened to be massive fraud or something not connected to child abuse then the punishment would be jail and closure. The cancer has to be rooted out, not the symptoms treated for pain relief. This moral crusade does my nut in. It has been qualified many times that ALL on RM are appalled that children have been destroyed by this cancer. Cut the cancer from the body, never to return.

7 hours ago, Kai_Johansen said:

It's up to the greater footballing community to place eternal shame on everyone connected with this club

But they lap this up. They stole the crucifix thing and wear it with pride "look we killed the cunt" so to give them another thing to be eternally shamed with would play into their martyrdom. Still say shut them down, and their church.

9 hours ago, Vanoli said:

They should never have been allowed to have been born.

Formed by a bigoted, paranoid fenian with the solitary objective of keeping young, poor catholic kids out of Protestant soup kitchens - a history of abusing these same children. 

They are an absolute cancer in this country, the country that fed and clothed their people in their hour of need, when their own country failed them - and all they have ever repaid it with is hatred. 

Here, here!

This goes far beyond the disgrace of allowing child molestors to operate within their ranks. They are a vile, malignant cancer of an institution unlike any I have ever encountered in sport.

They corrupt anything that they can infest and bend it to their gain and wield as a weapon against us. Their fans are twisted and obsessed. They are addicted to lies and to propaganda and to smear. They abuse our monarchy and our armed forces. They mock disfigured war veterans and victims of terrorism. They support violent terrorist groups. They are the enemies of the British people and they have perennially demonstrated themselves to be utterly, utterly shameless. 

The existence of their rancid tumor of a club is intolerable. 

They wont be shut down, they probably wont be sanctioned by the muppets that are running scottish football, they wont have any titles stripped and they will still claim we cheated.

They have their arses on too many seats of boards - public and private - and will attempt to have their name kept out of this at every level through injunctions, legal threats and lies.   

What must happen though is every single person at that club who abused, knew about the abuse, covered up the abuse, paid families off MUST be charged no matter who they are - if they have died they should be named for what part they played in it. The police must be allowed to investigate this and also a cross Britain task squad set up to look into the links to other clubs and individuals. If there are any monetary fines then they should be used for the victims of the abuse.

I would say the same no matter who the club were.