Multiple goal scorers or 1 player that scores a lot of goals

RFCRobertson

Goals!  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have

• Prolific striker that score a lot of goals (making up 90% of the overall goal tally)
    • 8+ players that consistently get goals between them (each player gets a total of 5 goals in a season)

So with people talking about us not having a prolific striker, was wanting to do a poll with what people would prefer.

Personally I think a team that has various players from all over the park is more important that 1 striker that can get 20+. It overs variety to our goal scoring threat and it means if someone get's injured there still is someone who can reliably get goals. 

Voted for spread of goals for obvious reasons, anyone can score and not relying on one player who could get injured etc etc

But...

In our financial circumstances, what would be easier/cheaper to acquire? A Kris Boyd type or 5 to 6 decent, consistant footballers who can also finish?

The choice may be too narrow.   To mount a much more serious title challenge, and then to maintain a position at the top of the league my view is a couple of out and out goal scorers supplemented by goals from the rest of the outfield players......CB's as goal scorers at set pieces, midfield players chipping in with a lot more goals than we are seeing, and much more by way of goals from the remaining so-called flexible 7s, 8s, 10s, and 11s. 

Asking for too much?  Probably.   Realistic in the current financial climate?  Possibly not unless we discover some real goal-scorers from within the ranks or manage to acquire untapped goal scorer talent.  Needed to get the 55th and beyond?  In my view - yes.

Seems to me to be quite a big challenge for Warburton to shift the team into being a significantly more potent goal scoring team.   

I want centre forwards who score great goals, lucky goals and greedy goals, tap ins, headers..20, 30, 40 a season.

I want wingers who get inside defenders and score goals.

I want midfielders who can break forward quickly and score goals, or play one twos getting in the box for goals, or come in behind the attack for goals.

I want defenders who can get down the wing and inside to shoot and score goals. 

I want defenders who can score goals from headers from corners and free kicks. 

I want players who score from free kicks and penalty kicks.

I even want a goalie who can score from a kickout and a good bounce, a goalie who can come up at the end of a game and win it with a header, flick on, or overhead kick.

Quite simply I want goals.

Could you put this down as option 3 OP ?

I

7 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

A striker who gives 20-30 goals a season, a partner who gets close on 20, a couple of mifielders good for about 15 apiece, and the remaining goals spread throughout the side.

Not asking for much :pipe:

Then your alarm went off and fucked the dream.

46 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I want centre forwards who score great goals, lucky goals and greedy goals, tap ins, headers..20, 30, 40 a season.

I want wingers who get inside defenders and score goals.

I want midfielders who can break forward quickly and score goals, or play one twos getting in the box for goals, or come in behind the attack for goals.

I want defenders who can get down the wing and inside to shoot and score goals. 

I want defenders who can score goals from headers from corners and free kicks. 

I want players who score from free kicks and penalty kicks.

I even want a goalie who can score from a kickout and a good bounce, a goalie who can come up at the end of a game and win it with a header, flick on, or overhead kick.

Quite simply I want goals.

Could you put this down as option 3 OP ?

I

What he says.

I want that too.

17 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Much prefer a forward partnership. Miller/Brand, McCoist/Hateley, Boyd/Miller.

Or even MillAr/Brand,, unless of course, Kenny played alongside Brand, probably old enough.

Said when I first saw Garner that he reminded me of Jimmy Millar and needs his own Ralph Brand. 

We need goals from all over the park, but also the reliance on someone to get something out of nothing when things don't go our way.

Crying out for a Nacho Novo type of player who you know will be there to shine when the going gets tough.