Stop with this "are we celebrating 2nd" shit

GTMLivo

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We were always going to realistically finish 2nd so it should be a given with the 2nd highest wage budget. 

The board should be questioned on their going for 55 pish when they gave MW £1.8mill to spend in the whole summer transfer window. If that isn't at least trebled this summer then we can kiss goodbye to it again. 

We all know where we came from in the past 5 years but were comfortably 2nd after all that just shows you the horror show that is Scottish football

I believe that is an achievement. Especially with all the factors, including the non football ones, that were against us. Even a few years ago it was looking to be a struggle to get out in to the Premier. 

If any thought it was an automatic right for a "big" team to progress and achieve constantly just look at teams like Leeds and Coventry down south. 

However the real joker in the pack is our "reciprocal relationship"  (can I just call it our mutual obsession in the Old Firm, cause that is what it really is). No matter what we achieve, or who we are playing, history and circumstance will always mean that being better than cellic will be expected and demanded.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, GTMLivo said:

Yes currently I'm celebrating that we're sitting 2nd... why? because a couple years ago we didn't even know if we'd have a club anymore.
Then we watched our team go through hell and back with some shite players, management and owners.

2nd isn't ideal but it gets us European football and that's what we need to attract players it means more money better revenue streams and thats all good things.
it wont be long until we are 1st again but right now yes I'm happy about 2nd.

2nd is the staging point for the coming assault for 55... Stop whining. 

16 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I believe that is an achievement. Especially with all the factors, including the non football ones, that were against us. Even a few years ago it was looking to be a struggle to get out in to the Premier. 

If any thought it was an automatic right for a "big" team to progress and achieve constantly just look at teams like Leeds and Coventry down south. 

A lot of that was our own making and there really is no comparative club in the UK.

We were dumped / permitted into the bottom league and since then dwarfed every other club's players budget and management salary (bheasts excluded). 

But due to our apathy and tolerance of one of the worst managers ever we fucked it up regularly and in the event of non promotion big time. That was about us, no one else. Down South others were comparable if not bigger than the clubs you state. Here it was down to our club that we fucked it, because folk backed a dud who didn't do walking away, to our detriment.

All this nonsense about where we were and how problematic and challenging it's been getting back, it's charade because it was (other than the decision to put us there) of our own making and our own failings.

40 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A lot of that was our own making and there really is no comparative club in the UK.

We were dumped / permitted into the bottom league and since then dwarfed every other club's players budget and management salary (bheasts excluded). 

But due to our apathy and tolerance of one of the worst managers ever we fucked it up regularly and in the event of non promotion big time. That was about us, no one else. Down South others were comparable if not bigger than the clubs you state. Here it was down to our club that we fucked it, because folk backed a dud who didn't do walking away, to our detriment.

All this nonsense about where we were and how problematic and challenging it's been getting back, it's charade because it was (other than the decision to put us there) of our own making and our own failings.

Our own making? No chance. 

Whyte and then Green and co (who you somehow didn't mention) fucked us over with gross mismanagement. That wasn't the fans fault. That wasn't the club's fault it was a deliberate choice and frankly I'm shocked any of us buy into the propaganda of "it's all your own fault" cause that's pish said by morons from other teams who sing "you let your club die" etc. 

Fact is we aren't dead and they are sick that we have strolled past all but one of them.  Remember how we were told we'd struggle to get in the top 6 by seem of these deluded fans of the wee clubs.

And now next season we try and make it a full set. 

I'm am pleased with the team and pleased with the manager for how the season is panning out. Like everybody else, I've been annoyed at how we've dropped points in games against Ross County x 2, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, and St Johnstone but these are games that we dominated and next season I reckon these draws will be wins and that's an extra ten points right away. Celtic ae having the season of their lives so it can only get worse next year for them. 

1 minute ago, AldoKrfc said:

I'm am pleased with the team and pleased with the manager for how the season is panning out. Like everybody else, I've been annoyed at how we've dropped points in games against Ross County x 2, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, and St Johnstone but these are games that we dominated and next season I reckon these draws will be wins and that's an extra ten points right away. Celtic ae having the season of their lives so it can only get worse next year for them. 

Similar thoughts to mines. I thought if we hit the ground running we could put in a proper challenge this year. But with the signings not all being instantly successful like they were last year and some players taking a while to adapt to the league we have performed below expectations. But the last while we are seeing big steps forward and it's encouraging. 

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Someone posted the financials of playing in the Europa a few weeks ago. Unless we actually progress to the latter stages, it will cost us more to compete than we'll take in, in revenue.

As an aside, there's still a long way to go before then...

The revenue of the EL was changed this season, and making the group stage nets a club between 5-7 million not including progression.  Other than transfer fees' and salary expenses, how do we spend more?

24 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Whyte and then Green and co (who you somehow didn't mention) fucked us over with gross mismanagement. That wasn't the fans fault. That wasn't the club's fault it was a deliberate choice and frankly I'm shocked any of us buy into the propaganda of "it's all your own fault" cause that's pish said by morons from other teams who sing "you let your club die" etc. 

Fact is we aren't dead and they are sick that we have strolled past all but one of them.  Remember how we were told we'd struggle to get in the top 6 by seem of these deluded fans of the wee clubs.

From the point we went down Greg as I've stated, not before. And during our run in the lower reaches the multitude of cluster fucks against often part time clubs were due to the manager and his players.

We had an incompetent manager on more pay than any other manager in Scotland ffs. And embarrassments which took pages to list in terms of our on pitch failings.

We've been robbed and shafted and acted against fraudulently imo. 

But that can't and won't excuse failing to get promoted when our budget allowed us to more than compete. That was down to a clown manager, a joke set up masquerading as training, and incompetent players underperforming.

Whilst it was obvious, many of our support backed him until it was too late and the penny dropped.

Mccoist fucked up years for us, our support didn't demand change and apathetically happy clapped as we failed to win a Diddy cup or get promoted when we first faced up to full timers.

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

funny you don't mention david murray and his lickspittle board

since we are playing that game

10 hours ago, GTMLivo said:

Yes currently I'm celebrating that we're sitting 2nd... why? because a couple years ago we didn't even know if we'd have a club anymore.
Then we watched our team go through hell and back with some shite players, management and owners.

2nd isn't ideal but it gets us European football and that's what we need to attract players it means more money better revenue streams and thats all good things.
it wont be long until we are 1st again but right now yes I'm happy about 2nd.

Couldn't agree more, yes it be nice to have been closer to that mob but they've spent so much more than us and have had the luxury of a bigger squad. Anyone who thought we'd win the league this season is quite frankly no wired right.

Seasons not over yet, we could still end up with red faces, however King has said second place is acceptable this season and although first should always be the aim we have to accept that we are still building, we've been second many times in our history albeit only being piped to the post by the odd point or goal difference.

Beat the taigs twice at least, cup final and second place in the league and I'll be content for this season.

I think there's a difference between being happy and being satisfied.

I'm not satisfied with being 2nd nor will any Bear. However I'm happy that we're 2nd and looking at European football next season.

DK says we need European football to survive, so in that context 2nd or even 3rd is cause for celebration

11 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

I think there's a difference between being happy and being satisfied.

I'm not satisfied with being 2nd nor will any Bear. However I'm happy that we're 2nd and looking at European football next season.

DK says we need European football to survive, so in that context 2nd or even 3rd is cause for celebration

I agree with you there (though wouldnt be happy with 3rd). Its about evaluating where we are in a first season back in the premier league. Warburton has built a squad from scratch in a season and a half,so he has to be commended for that. If we had that kind of manager in charge from the initial relegation then the foundations would be stronger. If we are having the same conversation in 2/3 years time and we are still as far behind,then it won't be accepted,and rightly so but bearing in mind we had NO scouting system, NO youth system to speak of either,just the facilities.

54 minutes ago, thehost said:

funny you don't mention david murray and his lickspittle board

since we are playing that game

Murray fucked up - no doubt and he should be criticised for allowing us into a position where such people could take advantage of us. No arguments. 

And it's not a game. It's real lives with real suffering. But it wasn't us the fans who done anything wrong and anyone who thinks it's our fault has my contempt - criminals are the ones to blame for criminal acts not the victims. 

11 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I agree with you there (though wouldnt be happy with 3rd). Its about evaluating where we are in a first season back in the premier league. Warburton has built a squad from scratch in a season and a half,so he has to be commended for that. If we had that kind of manager in charge from the initial relegation then the foundations would be stronger. If we are having the same conversation in 2/3 years time and we are still as far behind,then it won't be accepted,and rightly so but bearing in mind we had NO scouting system, NO youth system to speak of either,just the facilities.

I meant being happy with 3rd only in the context of European football and the much needed revenue.

In every other context 2nd is the mimimum requirement for a club with the 2nd biggest budget.

28 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Murray fucked up - no doubt and he should be criticised for allowing us into a position where such people could take advantage of us. No arguments. 

And it's not a game. It's real lives with real suffering. But it wasn't us the fans who done anything wrong and anyone who thinks it's our fault has my contempt - criminals are the ones to blame for criminal acts not the victims. 

Too many of our support tolerated a dud manager for too long. He embarrassed us, he cost us trophies, he stagnated us and he was a huge financial burden. But challenging his performance was deemed unacceptable as he didn't walk away.

From that perspective, it was our fault we failed to a largeextent.

Our being Mccoist, the players, the duds facilitating his employment and us as a collective for not demanding change sooner.

I was quoting sassaaaa re the difficulties of getting into the premier and his comparison with other clubs who have stagnated.

I'm NOT suggesting us ending up the 3rd div is the fault of the fans.

If you find that contemptuous then fine, I can live with that.

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

We were in that position for a long time; it is the nature of football, and has nothing to do with Murray. Once the club had a majority shareholder, which happened before Murray, then the possibility was always there- it was there beforehand as well, to an extent, but one person having a majority formalised the possibility. 

13 hours ago, Badger said:

Any fan that thought finishing 2nd wasn't good enough this season were deluding themselves.

Finishing a comfortable 2nd is a good result this year.

It isn't a drop in standards, just reality. Next season I expect a credible challenge.

It's actually an increase in standards. If second in the supposed big time league hasn't a drastic improvement on winning the championship then I don't know what is.

you would also think the guys that constantly moaned about wage budget would be understandable because apparantley second highest wage budget means second is what we should get.  So by that logic we can't finish first place until we have the highest wage budget.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Seasons not over yet, we could still end up with red faces, however King has said second place is acceptable this season and although first should always be the aim we have to accept that we are still building, we've been second many times in our history albeit only being piped to the post by the odd point or goal difference.

Beat the taigs twice at least, cup final and second place in the league and I'll be content for this season.

We've also been smashed by about 20 points aswell despite spending fortunes

Folk need to stop with this Rangers class pish.

We went from winning titles with the likes de Boer and and Ferguson to winning titles with players like Edu and Wylde in the team. Are Edu and Wylde 'Rangers class'? It doesn't matter who the players are as long as they're playing well and winning games for Rangers.