Billy Gilmour

TheBlueOne

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice touch, balance, great vision, turns and twists like he's on wheels. Also great to see a willingness to get on with it when he takes a dunt. 

Very early days but the lad looks a great prospect. Let's hope he keeps his head down, keeps learning and develops physically.  Definitely bags of potential. 

Looks classy. It's the technique added to the game intelligence and awareness that catches the eye. He knows it as well.  It's like watching an older head in a young body. Hope he keeps on the right track.

On another point, if he goes off to Chelsea or wherever else in the next few years, you have to ask yourself what the point in having a youth system, and all  the cost in entails, is. We need to be getting two or three top-team years out of these kinds of boys before they move on.

53 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Really hoping this kid is the one to buck the trend and come through the youths and make a smash impact in the first team. We are due one - hopefully it's him 

Rudden, Burt and McRorie are all highly rated and older than him aren't they? At 15 hopefully we can bring through at least one before Gilmour, if we can even keep him mind. 

54 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

As soon as there is fuck all to play for at the end of the season, id throw him in the first team

No where near ready but I was thinking the same myself with some of those through balls and crosses. Better than a lot we see from the first team. Just hope we hold on to him because we could do with producing more of our own and the academy needs to become an integral part of the club with all the money being dished out elsewhere meaning we can't punch any where near our real weight anymore.

He looks to light to me and the defenders at this level will stick with him and not let him turn back alone. Think it was a lot slower than professional games. I'd give him time with the first team though to make sure as he looks like he has vision and could be good enough to be a playmaker. When was the last time this country produced a genuine playmaker?

Hope he stays and makes it and if he goes thereafter its for a lot more than the likes of Adams or McCormack not to mention the likes of Tugay, Reyna, Guttusso, or Amoruso.

Has the boy said whether he's staying? Not seen anything but been away for a few days.

Looks a good prospect but he's still very young and will have a lot to learn. Realistically, he is at least a couple of years away from playng any first team games.  If we cannot get him to sign at least a new 5 year contract (if that is allowed), then might as well take the hit on him leaving at this point.