What do we need to get back to the top?

OzGers

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

But he made those claims before he knew the extent of the clubs finances. I'm not sticking up for him but that's the truth. He could damage the club if he invests to much based on a gamble which is champions league because the club could not afford to maintain that higher expenditure. We can't maintain the expenditure we got. Kings not going to keep chucking 20 million here and there if we fail. It won't work and we'll be back in administration before you know it, if we did that. It seems that's what people want in order to beat the taigs. 

No not at all. None of us want to see us in more shite financially. I don't know how he didn't know about stuff before he bought us as we all knew about losses against income and knew the retail income was rubbish.

If King invested heavily and upfront it would not put us in trouble if it paid for the contracts. We would do better in Europe so would end up raising our income again.

I was just glad to see us wrestle control back from Ashley and never believed his promises of 30 to 50 million. I don't expect anyone to put that much of their own cash into the club. I did expect the manager to be able to spend a reduced amount of around 10 million on fees to make sure we had at least a genuine calibre of player. 

I know the board have already spent a fair bit covering losses and increasing wages and it could be over 20 million by the time we break even again and I think highly of them for stepping up when billionaire supporters talked but walked. It's more King I'm talking about as he was the one who needlessly talked big. 

How much has he put in so far as it seems like it's always about equal with the rest when he said he'd equal or better the combined total of the rest?

I'm still glad to be past all the worrying every week because as much as an average team is painful to support at times it's better than the shite we were being served by the old boards and the worry that something dodgy was afoot again.

My main gripe is that if we don't improve rapidly by next season, Kings bluster will cost us in terms of unity when it was unnecessary. The support need to stop being fed nonsense by the people who run our club whether they do have the best of intentions or not. We've already been through enough.

I say this because I believe all this could come back to haunt King and cost the club once again in terms of disharmony and disruption.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Why? whats he doing for his 15% shareholding that makes him special? why should loosing him make us more fucked?

Because our of all the board, he's the only one who's invested millions into us before. 20 million. He's the only one with the cash. Its why he is the chairman and he's not even in thr country. If King goes then who steps in? If nobody buys us then who handles our losses we're making right now? Until the business is on its oen feet then we will be relying on others to foot the bill. Its the board who are paying for the losses.

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

We had no option but to follow in the lower leagues and Celtic were not our concern then. I don't know how you can say with any great certainty that will be better next season, there is nothing to suggest that at all in my opinion. 

Celtic will grow and develop just like everyone else in your hypothetical situation so i don't see how they will get caught up with short of us making huge investment in the playing squad. That is the only thing that will cut the gap, not time. Money. 

Juventus when they returned to Seria A didn't win the league straight away, it took time. It actually took Juventus 4 league seasons before they won the league. What makes you think it will be any different here? It will most likely happen the same way. The playing staff will get better gradually and like I said, a new manager will probably come in too.

2 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

No not at all. None of us want to see us in more shite financially. I don't know how he didn't know about stuff before he bought us as we all knew about losses against income and knew the retail income was rubbish.

If King invested heavily and upfront it would not put us in trouble if it paid for the contracts. We would do better in Europe so would end up raising our income again.

I was just glad to see us wrestle control back from Ashley and never believed his promises of 30 to 50 million. I don't expect anyone to put that much of their own cash into the club. I did expect the manager to be able to spend a reduced amount of around 10 million on fees to make sure we had at least a genuine calibre of player. 

I know the board have already spend a fair bit covering losses and increasing wages and it could be over 20 million by the time we break even again and I think highly of them for stepping up when billionaire supporters talked but walked. It's more King I'm talking about as he was the one who needlessly talked so big. 

How much has he put in so far as it seems like it's always about equal with the rest when he said he'd equal or better the combined total of the rest.

I'm still glad to be past all the worrying every week because as much as an average team is painful to support at times it's better than the shite we were being served by the old boards and the worry that something dodgy was afoot again.

My main gripe is that if we don't improve rapidly by next season, Kings bluster will cost us in terms of unity when it was unnecessary. The support need to stop being fed nonsense by the people who run our club whether they do have the best of intentions or not. We've already been through enough.

I say this mainly because I believe all this could come back to haunt King and cost the club once again in terms of disharmony and disruption.

at the very least!

2 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

I know the board have already spend a fair bit covering losses and increasing wages and it could be over 20 million by the time we break even again and I think highly of them for stepping up when billionaire supporters talked but walked. It's more King I'm talking about as he was the one who needlessly talked so big. 

How much has he put in so far as it seems like it's always about equal with the rest when he said he'd equal or better the combined total of the rest.

I say this mainly because I believe all this could come back to haunt King and cost the club once again in terms of disharmony and disruption.

At least you understand the shite we're in. I agree if King doesn't spend some money and we keep going the way we're going then he's going to get hauled that's for sure. Some people on here calling dor 20.million with the state our business is on is madness. We couldn't afford to maintain thay expenditure for long unless we got champions league money every year which is a gamble. A big gamble.

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

Juventus when they returned to Seria A didn't win the league straight away, it took time. It actually took Juventus 4 league seasons before they won the league. What makes you think it will be any different here? It will most likely happen the same way. The playing staff will get better gradually and like I said, a new manager will probably come in too.

We are trying to compete with the scum, not the Milan clubs, Lazio, Roma and the like. Their league was not a two horse race and of course ours is now a one horse race. Every season we don't win the title, the ST sales will drop and that is both DCK's lifeblood and the Club's due to their underfunding. Can you image the dire straits we would be in, if we even dropped 10k in ST sales? That alone should alarm us.

1 minute ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Because our of all the board, he's the only one who's invested millions into us before. 20 million. He's the only one with the cash. Its why he is the chairman and he's not even in thr country. If King goes then who steps in? If nobody buys us then who handles our losses we're making right now? Until the business is on its oen feet then we will be relying on others to foot the bill. Its the board who are paying for the losses.

£20 million was years ago - in a different company even. Saying he is the only one with cash - well lets be honest so far is actions simply dont back that statement up.

I am aware we are making looses and I am not suggesting we simply throw £20 Million at MW, but at the moment all DK appears to be doing is knowing people that have some money and can supply some soft loans. I really dont think thats what the Rangers fans bought into when they supported his bid. 

Suggesting he is the only one with cash therefore thats why he lives in SA and thats why he is chairman is ridiculous. He is also very far from being the only person who can run a company. He has bought the majority of shares, he has put in place a block that supports him and he withdrew us from the stock market so he couldnt be bumped. He is a clever manipulative businessman. I have serious reservations whether he is the messiah you are painting here.

9 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

20 mil that wasn't his as it turns out.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

You don't get why I want this board to fufil the preboard promises.

You don't get why I think giving us crisis loans to survive is not a great option.

I'm struggling once again to see why you back this board that have lied to us since getting in.

Okay. Lets make it simple. Without loans Rangers would downsize? Still following? 

If the board spent money we don't have or can't manage based on our turnover, then we'd have to downsize like what happened when Big Eck had to downsize Rangers then. Only We're in a far worse position financially. 

I can't make it anymore simplier for you. We make no money after our expenditure. Who covers the losses? Answer me that question.

35 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It was 5 years ago and Ibrox will be a ghost town in the next 2 or 3 years never mind 5 if we don't win the league before then. We cannot and should not have to wait 5 years to catch a very average Celtic team. It's simply unthinkable. Rangers fans just won't wait another 5 years to win the league, i know they won't. 

I get what your getting at with the time period but your underestimating the loyalty of our support which will be there until the end of days.

3 hours ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Smaller? Like you ya wee cock jockey? How will it get smaller if our fans stick together and support the team. Our sponsorship money in 2017 should be increased which all goes into the team. You're another halfwit that knows fuck all. What you're actually asking is for Rangers to go back to spending money we didn't actually have. Only... We're in a far worse financial state now than we was back then in terms of generating money. We're making around 30 million a year, maybe less. What oart of that doesn't register in your brain ya fud?

What part of you need to speculate to accumulate do you not understand fudbaws ?

We need to invest to get back in CL where the big money is.

Canny wait for these wee bellends like @TheBillyBoys1872 to go back to school.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

£20 million was years ago - in a different company even. Saying he is the only one with cash - well lets be honest so far is actions simply dont back that statement up.

I am aware we are making looses and I am not suggesting we simply throw £20 Million at MW, but at the moment all DK appears to be doing is knowing people that have some money and can supply some soft loans. I really dont think thats what the Rangers fans bought into when they supported his bid. 

Suggesting he is the only one with cash therefore thats why he lives in SA and thats why he is chairman is ridiculous. He is also very far from being the only person who can run a company. He has bought the majority of shares, he has put in place a block that supports him and he withdrew us from the stock market so he couldnt be bumped. He is a clever manipulative businessman. I have serious reservations whether he is the messiah you are painting here.

Not once did i say he was the messiah. But that's what we have. He obviously has money or he wouldn't bother his arse with Rangers. I'm sure he could be getting on with his life without a business that makes no money. If he can make us turn a profit and sells his shares then good luck to him. As long as he leaves behind a strong Rangers, business and football wise then I'll be happy.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We are trying to compete with the scum, not the Milan clubs, Lazio, Roma and the like. Their league was not a two horse race and of course ours is now a one horse race. Every season we don't win the title, the ST sales will drop and that is both DCK's lifeblood and the Club's due to their underfunding. Can you image the dire straits we would be in, if we even dropped 10k in ST sales? That alone should alarm us.

If we're improving every year, why would the fans abandon their club? Would you abandon Rangers if didn't win the league next season? 

You're asking a business that is making a loss already to make more losses based on a gamble of champions league football? Are you fucking high?

8 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

What part of you need to speculate to accumulate do you not understand fudbaws ?

And I've said we need to spend. Just not the sums being branded about ya fucking spaz. What part of that didn't you understand? Its you that needs to go back to school and learn to read. 

I've said we need to spend money at least 5 million, that's manageable. What you want is for us to go to far when the club is not ready for that expense yet. Learn business then come back to me.

4 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

I don't agree with comparing the Scottish Premiership which is a 1 horse race to the Italian Serie A as it was then or us with one of the richest clubs in the world who had numerous world class players on their books. I have no idea how you can say so sure that it will likely happen, it just as likely won't happen that way given the gulf between us and Celtic just now. Or that the playing staff will gradually get better. We came from the 2nd tier in Scotland with a mediocre squad and signed a full team of players who were no more than bench warmers. We didn't get any better, what makes you think we will get better next season. Can we even afford to wait or gamble? 

There are so many reasons and variables of why i think it will be different, it may well be worse. As i said, there is nothing to suggest right now that we can catch or stop Celtic. They will win the title from now until football is cancelled if nothing changes at Rangers as it is right now. We are the only club who can stop them and that is our aim. How we do that is what the debate is. In Scottish football the formula is easy, we all know what it takes to be successful. Money. Celtic are the richest club paying the most wages so will win the league every year without fail until we start spending properly. When we won 9IAR we were the richest club paying the most money. Martin O'Neill went to Celtic and spent circa £40m and won a couple of titles, Advocaat sent £80m and won a couple of titles, Strachan spent £20m and won a couple of titles, Walter Smith came in and spent £40m and won titles, Neil Lennon spent tens of millions and won a couple of titles. Tony Mowbray didn't and didn't, Paul Le Guen didn't and didn't. Ally McCoist didn't and didn't.  Mark Warburton didn't and won't. That is how it works up here. There are only 2 teams who can win the league. Who wins the league depends on who is making or spending money and using it the wisest. 

We won't stop Celtic with 5 year plans of developing players from the lower leagues in England. We won't stop Celtic by blindly supporting Mark Warburton or the Rangers board because we like them. We won't stop Celtic by dominating the football or from learning from previous mistakes which we don't anyway. We won't stop Celtic by loaning the odd kid from down south to compliment an already weak staring 11 or by signing 30+ year old hasbeens to compliment the same poor starting 11s. We will stop them by making good promises of heavy investment. We will stop them by showing an ambition and desire to success befitting our great club. We will stop them by appointing a manager with the right experience and credentials to manage this great club. 

3 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Not once did i say he was the messiah. But that's what we have. He obviously has money or he wouldn't bother his arse with Rangers. I'm sure he could be getting on with his life without a business that makes no money. If he can make us turn a profit and sells his shares then good luck to him. As long as he leaves behind a strong Rangers, business and football wise then I'll be happy.

Again, I dont jump to that conclusion at all. He has purchased the minimum amount of shares required at a time when they were rock bottom to get a majority shareholding - and then withdrew us from the stock market so that no one could gazump him. he has then used contacts to get a number of soft loans - not his money.

That doesnt strike me as a man swimming in money

1. A large actual capital injection to enable the Club to ensure it can get top flight European Football (and the associated income). 

2. A Board that can deliver on the above.

3. A Chairman who is hands on and doesn't try to run the Club from afar.

The longer the wait for serious and well managed investment, the more cash that will be ultimately required to bridge the ever increasing wealth gap between ourselves and them. The Clock is ticking, the promises have not been fulfilled, and our debt levels are increasing (yes I understand that the objective is to exchange the debt for shares- but like the promised Nomad.. I have yet to see any sign of that actually happening.

Yes Mr King and his Board have got us to 2nd Place in the title race at this juncture (no easy task) but as things stand 2nd place looks to be the aspiration of this Board.

9 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

I get what your getting at with the time period but your underestimating the loyalty of our support which will be there until the end of days.

I completely disagree and past history has shown that. The last 4 or 5 years was different. Watching Celtic win title after title and being in the same league as them will only be stomached for so long. I believe you are overestimating our fans loyalty. They won't hang about. In my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Well i dont agree with carte blanche throwing money in an attempt to get at the CL because the year you dont get it - your in a major hole. Neither do I  support this penny pinching that DK appears to be doing given his statements prior to buying into the club.

I dont see it quite as black and white as either of you.

25 minutes ago, Smile said:

You don't get why I want this board to fufil the preboard promises.

You don't get why I think giving us crisis loans to survive is not a great option.

I'm struggling once again to see why you back this board that have lied to us since getting in.

Yeah it is pretty shite that they will end up with the lions share of ownership for what will no doubt be very cheap. The little guys who got us out of the mess with the IPO will no doubt be the losers as usual. 

They better remember the ordinary supporters when they sell Rangers books in 50 years time because the suits never seem to lose.

Some money will need to be spent on good players though or King will end-up being protested against himself.