What do we need to get back to the top?

OzGers

5 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

Yet, we're still paying money for the likes of Garner. And people say the board are not putting any money in. The club makes no money. It costs the board to keep up functioning as a business. Without those soft loans we'd have to either downsize which would put us further behind. That's what Ashley and his fat bastard crew wanted.

It was our ST money ffs!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

The board knew this when taking over though was no shock Kings been on the board since 2000, and they did due diligence.

2000 we was making money. This is 2016 mate. We went through administration we as a business had to start over in the shitehole of Scottish football where winning division 3 was a few hundred quid at best. Nobody would touch us. Ffs no bank will touch us. The business as a whole was destroyed. That is why we have fuck all in income after expenditure. We're making loss after loss and the board are trying ti correct that. It will happen but throwing money at a club who's unable to sustain the expenditure it has is fucking mental. We would go under for sure and nobody is going to save us.

2 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

It is going to take time, remember the playing squad 3+ years ago was absolutely ripped apart, the club was gutted. It is going to take patience, probably a new manager and obviously better players but it will eventually happen and Rangers will win the league within the next 5 years. 

Jesus christ :megaanguish:

2 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

It is going to take time, remember the playing squad 3+ years ago was absolutely ripped apart, the club was gutted. It is going to take patience, probably a new manager and obviously better players but it will eventually happen and Rangers will win the league within the next 5 years. 

So what's the plan, assuming it's this board that are still in control?

3 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

2000 we was making money. This is 2016 mate. We went through administration we as a business had to start over in the shitehole of Scottish football where winning division 3 was a few hundred quid at best. Nobody would touch us. Ffs no bank will touch us. The business as a whole was destroyed. That is why we have fuck all in income after expenditure. We're making loss after loss and the board are trying ti correct that. It will happen but throwing money at a club who's unable to sustain the expenditure it has is fucking mental. We would go under for sure and nobody is going to save us.

He's been on the board since then not just joined do you not know that. You don't say we went through Administration fuck sake this is news to me.

Throwing money at a club is not an option but giving it crisis loans is good..

5 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

I disagree about 5 years. It will take time. But we can't lose our ambition cause of the finances. But we still have to be careful. We can afford to spend money but never 20 million. That would finish us if we failed to get into the champions league which is a gamble no sane businessman would take, unless you're a fucking chanced with nothing to lose. I.e Craig Whyte.

4 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

It was 5 years ago and Ibrox will be a ghost town in the next 2 or 3 years never mind 5 if we don't win the league before then. We cannot and should not have to wait 5 years to catch a very average Celtic team. It's simply unthinkable. Rangers fans just won't wait another 5 years to win the league, i know they won't. 

2 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

..... 17 million..... Check the operation costs of our club. Compare the two. Tell me how much of the 17 million left after expenditure. 

Let me give you a clue.... None.

Jesus wept!

Stay out of business ffs

In King's case you don't need to take off the mask, to know that it's Dick Turpin's boy we are dealing with.

I truly despair.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's been on the board since then not just joined do you not know that. You don't say we went through Administration fuck sake this is news to me.

Throwing money at a club is not an option but giving it crisis loans is good..

And the board previously was dealing with a business that was generating more than 26 million or whatever a year. Times have changed. We went into administration which fucked our whole business. Everything that was making us money was gone. The fans was the only ones to stay because we're fans. 

Crisis loans ot whatever you wanted to call them. If we didn't take them then we would have downsized. Do you want that? The board didn't its why they gave the club the money. To try and stay competitive as much as we can be allowed too.

2 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

I disagree about 5 years. It will take time. But we can't lose our ambition cause of the finances. But we still have to be careful. We can afford to spend money but never 20 million. That would finish us if we failed to get into the champions league which is a gamble no sane businessman would take, unless you're a fucking chanced with nothing to lose. I.e Craig Whyte.

So billionaire Dermot was not a sane businessman when he invested a fortune in BR to get them into the CL? Aye right you are.

Are you by any chance sitting in a darkened rood room wearing tin foil?

4 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

And the board previously was dealing with a business that was generating more than 26 million or whatever a year. Times have changed. We went into administration which fucked our whole business. Everything that was making us money was gone. The fans was the only ones to stay because we're fans. 

Crisis loans ot whatever you wanted to call them. If we didn't take them then we would have downsized. Do you want that? The board didn't its why they gave the club the money. To try and stay competitive as much as we can be allowed too.

This is why you are naïve.

4 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

We have downsized Greg you must have noticed that. I will ask again how much did each board member put in to get their hands on the club and access to the season ticket money.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

So billionaire Dermot was not a sane businessman when he invested a fortune in BR to get them into the CL? Aye right you are.

Are you by any chance sitting in a darkened rood room wearing tin foil?

How much did they spend? 3 million on Sinclair and 600 grand on Demebele? A million on the right back and a goalkeeper? Are you forgettibg they make a turnover of at least 60 to 70 million. There sponsership makes quadruple what we make. They have there own shops selling merchendise. They have 50 odd thousand season ticket money. They was in glamour friendlies making millions. You eant me to keep going on and on? Because that won't solve the problems we have at our club, fuck them. Its about us. We make 27 million in turnover. How the fuck do you spend 20.million on players while already making a loss and still keeo the business going with even more expenditure. You're a fucking balloon.

10 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It was 5 years ago and Ibrox will be a ghost town in the next 2 or 3 years never mind 5 if we don't win the league before then. We cannot and should not have to wait 5 years to catch a very average Celtic team. It's simply unthinkable. Rangers fans just won't wait another 5 years to win the league, i know they won't. 

The supporters watched the team in the lower divisions. It is just getting used to playing at the top level in Scotland again, the team WILL be better next season and gradual improvement will happen. I did say within 5 years, so it could happen next season or the one after but I do think eventually the club will win the league within that time period.

Celtic aren't a great side but they are obviously by a good distance the best team in Scotland, eventually they will get caught up with.

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Jesus wept!

Stay out of business ffs

In King's case you don't need to take off the mask, to know that it's Dick Turpin's boy we are dealing with.

I truly despair.

Fucking clueless. You'd have Rangers run into the ground so you could chase after the scum. Get real ffs.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have downsized Greg you must have noticed that. I will ask again how much did each board member put in to get their hands on the club and access to the season ticket money.

I can't get through to you. If you want King out go and protest it. You won't do it cause you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. 

If you want him out and can get a better board who are richer then please do it. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

This is why you are naïve.

I'm naive? Coming from you who thinks spending 40.million and forgetting we're making a loss would solve all Rangers problems. You're fucking dreaming if you think that could work. The turnover of the club right now proves that ya numpty.

1 minute ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

I can't get through to you. If you want King out go and protest it. You won't do it cause you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. 

If you want him out and can get a better board who are richer then please do it. 

You don't have to be richer, albeit in DCK's case it wouldn't be hard, just smarter, again in DCK's case not fucking hard which sadly says more about us than him and be in it for the RIGHT reasons.

5 minutes ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

You don't get why I want this board to fufil the preboard promises.

You don't get why I think giving us crisis loans to survive is not a great option.

I'm struggling once again to see why you back this board that have lied to us since getting in.

6 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

The supporters watched the team in the lower divisions. It is just getting used to playing at the top level in Scotland again, the team WILL be better next season and gradual improvement will happen. I did say within 5 years, so it could happen next season or the one after but I do think eventually the club will win the league within that time period.

Celtic aren't a great side but they are obviously by a good distance the best team in Scotland, eventually they will get caught up with.

Agree with you. We will get better. Some of the roasters on here thinking Rangers should be spending money we cannot actually subsidize. 20 million would turn into 39 million if we fail.

1 hour ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

So... You hate King. I figured that much. Jokes aside, you can say you know more. If King wants to fuck of then he could. Then what? We would be even more fucked. You clearly don't understand business. You're ranting on about engines for F1 cars. We have 11 players who play football. If you onlu have an engine like you said you shouldn't be in F1. We have a full squad of players so what is your point? You reckon King should pump 50 million or 30 million or whatever into Rangers when our turnover is less than 30 million? While making losses already? 

Thank fuck you're not in control of Rangers. You'd fucking sink us within a season.

Why? whats he doing for his 15% shareholding that makes him special? why should loosing him make us more fucked?

5 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

We had no option but to follow in the lower leagues and Celtic were not our concern then. I don't know how you can say with any great certainty that will be better next season, there is nothing to suggest that at all in my opinion. 

Celtic will grow and develop just like everyone else in your hypothetical situation so i don't see how they will get caught up with short of us making huge investment in the playing squad. That is the only thing that will cut the gap, not time. Money. 

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

You don't have to be richer, albeit in DCK's case it wouldn't be hard, just smarter, again in DCK's case not fucking hard which sadly says more about us than him and be in it for the RIGHT reasons.

How much cash does King actually have? You seem to have all the answers big man. 

1 minute ago, TheBillyBoys1872 said:

I'm naive? Coming from you who thinks spending 40.million and forgetting we're making a loss would solve all Rangers problems. You're fucking dreaming if you think that could work. The turnover of the club right now proves that ya numpty.

Who said spending 40 mil. I never quoted any figure?

Get more tin foil on ffs!