Midfield is not what he planned

KeyserSoze

So I'm cutting the Gaffer some slack. 

He was introducing some steel (Barton)

Some class (Kranjcar)

Some defensive youth (Rossiter). 

Throw in young Barrie and that's what he was aiming for. I would have been happy with that - Tav, Halliday and Holt would be subs by now tbf. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

So I'm cutting the Gaffer some slack. 

He was introducing some steel (Barton)

Some class (Kranjcar)

Some defensive youth (Rossiter). 

Throw in young Barrie and that's what he was aiming for. I would have been happy with that - Tav, Halliday and Holt would be subs by now tbf. 

His decision to take off Windass (who was shite) and replace with Dodoo was ridiculous.

37 year old into midfield when he'd put in a fair shift, and bambi on ice looking lost up front. It gave them the midfield.

Rookie error.

He can't affect squad injuries, but he can and must do better with what he has.

He gets this window and several months from me. I'm still backing him but he must do better.

And he needs to recognise when a match is a war, it's not about taking care of a ball or showing improvement.

Fair enough but where are they?

You maybe take one risk for a player of exceptional talent in one position.

He took a risk on Barton, Kranjcar and Rossiter due to injuries and behaviour. All 3 have so far failed.

Add in Crooks and Windass. So far only Windass has had any sort of impact albeit minimum.

That to me highlights the gaffers failings rather than give support to them. Poor decision making from him.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

His decision to take off Windass (who was shite) and replace with Dodoo was ridiculous.

37 year old into midfield when he'd put in a fair shift, and bambi on ice looking lost up front. It gave them the midfield.

Rookie error.

He gets this window and several months from me. I'm still backing him but he must do better.

And he needs to recognise when a match is a war, it's not about taking care of a ball or showing improvement.

Spot on , bonkers substitution and he's made these ridiculous changes ever since he came here.

For all the difference between the teams today, I can't help but think that it came down to two bits of poor defending, and that we were without a few players, most notably Krancjar and Wallace.

I really don't think they're a great bunch at all. Dembele and Sinclair give them a bit of quality up front, where we can struggle, but it was the mistakes at the back that cost us today. 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Rookie error.

He just seems incapable of changing a game , the first 10 mins of the second half they were all over us and he just stands there doing nothing 

The buying of potential is no guarantee that you buy low and sell high; if that is some sort of spending strategy then that could be a major risk of losing more money than would be made if you bought high. We need to look not well into the future exclusively, but to the here and now, and we need Rangers quality footballers; the kind we had before the demotion. If we don't do this then the risk is multifarious- we don't raise the profile of the club to where it should be, we lose out on the rewards that success would bring, and the young players we do buy or bring through the ranks become unfulfilled.

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

He just seems incapable of changing a game , the first 10 mins of the second half they were all over us and he just stands there doing nothing 

Naivety.

Said after several minutes in the SC final Tav wasn't at it. Said he'd cost us and he did.

Today, said the same to my mate mid first half. Sensed he was bottling it which he did. Became a shite bag passenger.

To not see these things, and address them, is unacceptable.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Naivety.

Said after several minutes in the SC final Tav wasn't at it. Said he'd cost us and he did.

Today, said the same to my mate mud first half. Sensed he was bottling it which he did. Became a shite bag passenger.

To not see these things, and address them, is unacceptable.

Yeah he must see what we all do 

2 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

For all the difference between the teams today, I can't help but think that it came down to two bits of poor defending, and that we were without a few players, most notably Krancjar and Wallace.

I really don't think they're a great bunch at all. Dembele and Sinclair give them a bit of quality up front, where we can struggle, but it was the mistakes at the back that cost us today. 

It's a team game and their victory a team effort. They were better in defence, in midfield, which wasn't hard as we didn't have one and up front there is a chasm between us and them. BR does have them better organised and getting the best out of them. I didn't see them break sweat and they were far stronger at the end. Man for man, they have the better quality, I'm not saying vast, but it makes all the difference as the league table reflects. McKay aside, who of course we know doesn't do it enough, but was good enough today to tempt others down south to take him away. Fod's kept the score line respectible, nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I like to think that had Garner not had to go off then Tavernier would have been subbed for Hodson. He was obviously playing so badly that surely the manager saw it as well.

He took 2 players off who were having better games, albeit still not good enough, so i am not so sure he did see it. He has a real soft spot for Tav.