Halliday is our worst player

Gallows high

8 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

I've been wanting him dropped for a while but for me there a wee bent witchunt for the boy.

hes been no better or worse than the rest of the midfield today.

give the boy peace we are sinking to taig like levels these days

Where is the witchhunt , every game he gets him name sung loud just cos he was brought up nearby . When did we last sing about kenny Miller for example , done far more for this club yet gets no recognition from the terracesĀ 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst thing about him is that he calls himself a Rangers. fan. The cunt couldn't even get himself going for a fucking old firm game in front of a packed Ibrox. I don't care what position he can't play, if that was me and you we'd be tearing up and down that pitch until we could run no more to ensure we beat those cunts. Halliday needs to wake up or fuck off.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Gallows high said:

Where is the witchhunt , every game he gets him name sung loud just cos he was brought up nearby . When did we last sing about kenny Miller for example , done far more for this club yet gets no recognition from the terracesĀ 

It's fucking constant and you calling him a shitebag and a fraud is tarrier like.he's been poor for months and should be dropped and that lies at the managers door.

Ā 

The lad is a bang average player.Not the worst by a long way as both Tav and Waghorn have offered a combined total of zilch to the team this season.Halliday is very limited as a player.Not his fault he is picked every week.Problem is we have so many that really should be dropped but only much of a muchness to bring in.Where he did disappoint today was his lack of fire.If one player knew the meaning of the game it should have been him.Didnt see any hint of passion at all.Goes for a lot of players every game.Real worrying thing is hearing your manager basically telling you all great work lately lads you deserve a week off.What sort of message does that send out to the team never mind us fans that work long,tiring hours every week to pay bills and watch the mediocre shit produced by these same players far far to often!

Rant over but I am hurting like mad as I am sure all true fans are.Here is to a much improved 2017.Have as best a one as you can each and every one of you.

Extremely harsh. He's playing out of position becuase of the way things have turned out. We knew at the end of last season he wasn't a holding midfielder but he's still having to play there. Not helped by the fact he's constantly the only defensive presence in midfield. Last season we played our best against hibs, celtic and Dundee when we had Law and Ball also in midfield (as somebody with a bit more physicality).Ā Most of the time Halliday had to play with the likes of Zelalem and Holt, neither of which can tackle. This is being replicated this season when he's had to play next to Holt, Kranjcar and Windass, leaving him to cover the pitch and do all the dirty work.Ā 

Not saying he's not culpable or he's been playing well but it's still not his best position and he's left with a lot of work to do.Ā Ā 

32 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No real Rangers fan would let Scott Brown swagger about the park like a wouldĀ Ā be hard Ā man.

Ā 

Halliday however..

But back in April he had him in his back pocket, Ā halliday isn't great but their are worse culprits than him.

Just now, hammer93 said:

But back in April he had him in his back pocket, Ā halliday isn't great but their are worse culprits than him.

And the 3 games since then?

Broon swaggering about the park like a gangster and where is our fan on the pitch??

Ā 

rolling about like a poof..

38 minutes ago, Gallows high said:

We will never win the league with him regularly in the team . We have no midfield and he is the worst culprit . He can't tackle , falls over all the time and is a shit bag . I don't care if he is dyed in the wool etc etc , he is a fucking fraudĀ 

I've actually just read that again.....if you think we won't win the league because we play halliday then I suggest you make a fresh appointment with your alcoholic Ā counsellor as we are at least 8 players short of that level.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

And the 3 games since then?

Broon swaggering about the park like a gangster and where is our fan on the pitch??

Ā 

rolling about like a poof..

You must of watched a different game from me m8, scott brown was average at best, the boy Armstrong ran the midfield for them in the 2nd half.

I get Broon thinks he is a hard man but he was site.Ā 

Just now, hammer93 said:

I've actually just read that again.....if you think we won't win the league because we play halliday then I suggest you make a fresh appointment with your alcoholic Ā counsellor as we are at least 8 players short of that level.

I think there were only 3 players today who could be part of a league winning team - wes , Barrie and windassĀ ( if he keeps developing ) . The rest arent good enough but Halliday is the most disappointing as he knows what this is all about but looks gutlessĀ 

Halliday finds himself in that great position - barring injury or suspension virtually a certain starter for each game.Ā Ā Ā  Not because he's really good enough to be part of a 55 winning midfield.Ā  Nor because he's a Rangers man.Ā  Not because he can develop a whole lot more to become are really effective player for Rangers.Ā Ā 

He's there because for one reason or another the competition that should have existed for midfield places at the start of the season is now so thin that even Tav gets games in midfield.Ā  I read earlier today that he (Halliday) didn't consider Rangers had any (or enough) match winners in the team.Ā Ā  He's right andĀ he certainly wouldn't be one.Ā Ā 

We'll never know but had Warburton handled the Barton spat better and Barton hadĀ stayed, and had Kranjcar avoided the so-called freak injury, maybe the amount of games since the 5-1 OF might have seen a better and more effective midfield gelling than the one we saw today.Ā Ā  Halliday and Holt areĀ there because there are few credible alternatives.Ā Ā  For one reason or another Warburton finds himself making 'Hobson's choice' selections.

Good luck to him though.Ā Ā  It's given him the opportunity to show he can deliver what Rangers need in midfield.Ā Ā  At present though, and on what's been seen this season so far, the performances he deliversĀ are way below theĀ level Rangers needs to mount anything like a proper title challenge for 55.Ā Ā Ā  He can only give what he gives.Ā  He surely knows though that Rangers need more than a step-change improvement in order to get to 55.Ā Ā Ā  Until better players arrive it seems to me he (and Holt) are trying to do their best, but they are at the upper limits of their powers to decisively influence games.Ā Ā 

He - and HoltĀ and actuallyĀ most of the rest of the squad -Ā are more strivers than achievers.Ā Ā  Not that striving is a bad thing.Ā Ā  It's just that striving is not the same as going quite a bit further to become an achiever.Ā Ā  Football - and Rangers at present - is full of strivers.Ā Ā  IMO Rangers needs more achievers, includingĀ at managerial level.

Would we have said the had that cross he hit ended up in a goal? I like him, but he is not the player to be the main man in midfield. If we had a better midfield he would be a perfect squad/utility player. I would keep all of the midfielders that we started with today, I just don't think they are automatic first choices; there should be better quality there with those three supporting them in a squad. Halliday never hides, and he came through when we were chasing the equaliser. He didn't play brilliantly, but neither did he have a completely bad match. He just isn't good enough for what we ask him to do.

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

You must of watched a different game from me m8, scott brown was average at best, the boy Armstrong ran the midfield for them in the 2nd half.

I get Broon thinks he is a hard man but he was site.Ā 

Ok then, where was oor Andy whilst Armstrong ran midfield?

Did he take one for the team, did he let Armstrong knowhewas there?

Ā 

No, he was nowhereto be seen as usual.

1 minute ago, eosmhdo said:

What at heady tennis? ? They are both pish and not good enough

Tav is a different level of pish. Tav's mistakes lose games and cups.

Had MW signings turned out this season Halliday would not be asked toĀ play that position...Tav on the other hand.

There is noĀ alternative toĀ Halliday ATM...Tav on the other hand.

8 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Very harsh. We won titles with Christian Dailly and Kirk Broadfoot in the team. You do know he isn't a defensive midfielder, or even a midfielder for that matter? He's been here 2 years now and has been shoe horned into midfield by a manager who doesn't knowĀ what he is doing.Ā 

Does he even play in this CDM role? The distance he leaves between himself and the defenders is fucking massive. When teams hit us on the counter you see Andy still in the oppositions half.

Ā 

Ā 

53 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No real Rangers fan would let Scott Brown swagger about the park like a wouldĀ Ā be hard Ā man.

Ā 

Halliday however..

Scott Brown plays up the panto villain. Aside from that he done fuckall. Shite excuse for a footballer who gets underserved plaudits from a compliant fenian media.Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Ok then, where was oor Andy whilst Armstrong ran midfield?

Did he take one for the team, did he let Armstrong knowhewas there?

Ā 

No, he was nowhereto be seen as usual.

So was he getting made a fool of by Scott Brown or is it now Armstrong?Ā 

Pal their are 11 men on the pitch, so were holt and windass doing at this point.Ā