Halliday is our worst player

Gallows high

This is just my opinion but i think Halliday would flourish with improved players around him. I liken him to Petrov who was lost in Barnes' team but when O'Neill came in and bought Sutton, Lennon, Hartson etc he developed big time. In that first half hour yesterday he was driving us on and keeping us on the front foot. Ably assisted by holt windass mckay of course. If anything it was windass who fell out the game, not halliday.

Remember it was his through ball with his weaker foot i may add for Kenny Miller. If that had gone in this thread wouldnt exist. He really gets unfair stick on here. 

I'lI probably get stick and accused of defending him cos hes staunch - its not though i see him as one of our more influential players and devinitely more consistent than most (not that much to beat of course) 

In my opinion..............

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Shitebag performance from Halliday as usual but Tav and Wilson were our worst players by some distance yesterday. 

Wilson??? Lost Dembele at goal which is a bad moment but i felt by in large he kept naeneck quiet. 

also, all things considered i think only Tav underperformed - Windass faded too but did start well. The bottom line is they have better players than us all around the pitch. Lets be honest that result was not unexpected. 

The real issue is not singleing out a particular player - this squad needs around 6 first team players - of a decent calibre and thats money.. there should be more scrutiny on King et al than on the pitch. The gulf was there for all to see - and that was before yesterday. 

We cant challenge with the current level of investment - no way! 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Wilson??? Lost Dembele at goal which is a bad moment but i felt by in large he kept naeneck quiet. 

also, all things considered i think only Tav underperformed - Windass faded too but did start well. The bottom line is they have better players than us all around the pitch. Lets be honest that result was not unexpected. 

The real issue is not singleing out a particular player - this squad needs around 6 first team players - of a decent calibre and thats money.. there should be more scrutiny on King et al than on the pitch. The gulf was there for all to see - and that was before yesterday. 

We cant challenge with the current level of investment - no way! 

Wilson left Dembele for the 1st goal.

Allowed Armstrong(?) to run past him to deliver the ball for the second goal.

And I lost count of the amount of atrocious Pirlo passes he attempted that were either straight to a Celtic player or went out of the pitch. 

He was shite and lazy and easily one of our worst performers imo.

Windass was one of the few positives to come out of the game they hammered us at their place but since then he's been anonymous against them at Hampden and yesterday he didn't look like he wanted to be there. Starting to doubt whether he has the stomach for these games. 

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Wilson left Dembele for the 1st goal.

Allowed Armstrong(?) to run past him to deliver the ball for the second goal.

And I lost count of the amount of atrocious Pirlo passes he attempted that were either straight to a Celtic player or went out of the pitch. 

He was shite and lazy and easily one of our worst performers imo.

Windass was one of the few positives to come out of the game they hammered us at their place but since then he's been anonymous against them at Hampden and yesterday he didn't look like he wanted to be there. Starting to doubt whether he has the stomach for these games. 

Ok, youre singleing him out and to be honest although i tnought he did ok thats not actually my point. He, like at the very least 10 others, are not good enough. Its not his fault hes here. I mean would you turn down the chance to play for Rangers? - the problem at source lies elsewhere. The answer is simple - the doing it much harder - we need investment to get better players than Wilson, Windass etc 

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Ok, youre singleing him out and to be honest although i tnought he did ok thats not actually my point. He, like at the very least 10 others, are not good enough. Its not his fault hes here. I mean would you turn down the chance to play for Rangers? - the problem at source lies elsewhere. The answer is simple - the doing it much harder - we need investment to get better players than Wilson, Windass etc 

To be fair the thread is singling out Halliday as our worst player, I replied with 2 players I thought were worse than him and you've disagreed with Wilson which is the only reason I've singled him out in that last reply for criticism to explain my opinion. You have a different opinion and that's fair enough.

I agree with what you're saying though, most of our squad aren't good enough and without investment things won't improve any time soon. I said yesterday after the game that our biggest problem at the moment is that we only have about 4/5 players who I believe are good enough to play for us and 2 of those players are pushing 40. It's pretty grim.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

To be fair the thread is singling out Halliday as our worst player, I replied with 2 players I thought were worse than him and you've disagreed with Wilson which is the only reason I've singled him out in that last reply for criticism to explain my opinion. You have a different opinion and that's fair enough.

I agree with what you're saying though, most of our squad aren't good enough and without investment things won't improve any time soon. I said yesterday after the game that our biggest problem at the moment is that we only have about 4/5 players who I believe are good enough to play for us and 2 of those players are pushing 40. It's pretty grim.

Spot on mate and thanks for keeping the discussion civilised ?

One thing that fucking annoys the life out me is when he makes a mistake and gets the ball took off him he rolls about like it's a career ending tackle. Yesterday he fucked it when Armstrong took the ball off him and it was like someone had shot his leg with a shotgun. 

"Rangers man". Aye right. You take a 18st beer bellied punter and replace Halliday with him. You'll still get the same footballing ability but 100x more fight and heart. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Some passes and 1st goal aside, I thought Wilson was quite good, Kiernan on the other hand though.

Kiernan wasn't great either. I remember one point in the 2nd half when the ball was played to him and for a second it looked like we were about to see a carbon copy of St Johnstone's goal in midweek. He has to do better for their 2nd goal as well but again, if either Wilson or Halliday make any effort to track Armstrong and stop his cross then there's nothing there for him to do.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

I think Warburton tells him to hold a high line just behind the attack, why the manager thinks our defence is capable of dealing with a break from the opposition, i'll never know. Think we agree on things here but i still dont get why Halliday is singled out as the problem

I don't think he is singled out and he is not the worst player. He is just not very good amongst the many that fit into that category.

I think Warburton fills his head with shite if the truth be known.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't think he is singled out and he is not the worst player. He is just not very good amongst the many that fit into that category.

I think Warburton fills his head with shite if the truth be known.

Tell me a better midfielder in our squad?

• 2 weeks later...