Halliday is our worst player

Gallows high

This thread is a total joke. I thought he played his heart out. He made numerous saving tackles and ok, hes not a world beater. But this is a dsgrace to make him a acapegoat.

Look to the board ffs if you need to vent your spleen. 

Theyve opened their wallets agian this season. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kirk Broadfoot was a limited footballer who performed to a much higher level than his ability through workrate and was pretty consistent with us. Would much rather him playing for us than Andy Halliday. Dailly started 19 games in two season for us, he wasn't a regularly, sadly Halliday is.

Also to the people saying Tav is worse, have you watched us the whole season? Tav is in poor form but earlier in the season he was hands down our best player, his season is superior to Halliday's.

Opinions, i don't have a problem with yours, i probably actually agree with it to be honest. In an ideal Rangers team Halliday would be lucky to make the odd fleeting sub appearance, he's a regular now because we have no one else. He will find himself out the team soon enough as we bring in a higher quality of player. 

2 hours ago, Gallows high said:

We will never win the league with him regularly in the team . We have no midfield and he is the worst culprit . He can't tackle , falls over all the time and is a shit bag . I don't care if he is dyed in the wool etc etc , he is a fucking fraud 

Shoosh, he's one of us.....

16 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

This thread is a total joke. I thought he played his heart out. He made numerous saving tackles and ok, hes not a world beater. But this is a dsgrace to make him a acapegoat.

A joke because it's Halliday?

Nothing to do with being made a scapegoat either. Most of the team are getting it and quite right too.

Most people seem happy enough when it's other players but as soon as it's Halliday it seems to be not on. Deflection comes in the way of "wasn't the worst", "player A, player B was worse". "Blame the manager", "Blame the board", blame everyone and anyone but not him.

Shite player - every bit the Livingston/Bradford player 

but 

he's not any worse than the majority of the team.

Id understand it if he was over-rated but he's not even rated. 

I don't buy him being out of position, either - he's a midfielder and talented midfielders should be able to play anywhere across it. 

26 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He didn't make any saving tackles? 

He's an atrocious player? What game were you watching because unfortunately the rest of had to sit through the one where celtic's midfied 3 swaggered around ibrox like they owned the place?  Halliday didn't lay a glove on anyone the entire match. He's shocking.

10 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Who starts before him?

Crooks?

Niko?

Rossiter?

Tav?

The lads being played because he's currently the best we have.

Fuck all to do with him. 

Gets a hard time but the finger gets pointed at MW

Spot on the sad fact is MW can't drop him cause we haven't got anyone to replace him with as the rest of the midfield are either injured or in the case of crooks doesn't look at the races at all.

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kirk Broadfoot was a limited footballer who performed to a much higher level than his ability through hard work and was pretty consistent for us. Would much rather him playing for us than Andy Halliday. Dailly started 19 games in two season, he wasn't a regularly, sadly Halliday is.

Also to the people saying Tav is worse, have you watched us the whole season? Tav is in poor form but earlier in the season he was hands down our best player, his season is superior to Halliday's.

Neither Broadfoot or Dailly were great players but both at least had a bit of aggression and would fight their corner. Halliday doesn't.

27 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kirk Broadfoot was a limited footballer who performed to a much higher level than his ability through hard work and was pretty consistent for us. Would much rather him playing for us than Andy Halliday. Dailly started 19 games in two season, he wasn't a regularly, sadly Halliday is.

He is an imposter and has been the whole season..

4 minutes ago, dogtanian said:

Spot on the sad fact is MW can't drop him cause we haven't got anyone to replace him with as the rest of the midfield are either injured or in the case of crooks doesn't look at the races at all.

Being a holding role, he could always put the keeper in and it would be an improvement. Progress is it not?

2 hours ago, Gallows high said:

We will never win the league with him regularly in the team . We have no midfield and he is the worst culprit . He can't tackle , falls over all the time and is a shit bag . I don't care if he is dyed in the wool etc etc , he is a fucking fraud 

That is simply just not true bud.

He was putting in some meaty tackles the day and I never see the shite bag stuff from him .

Not saying he is the answer but there is at least 4  players today ,need their balls kicked before Andy .

Wilson ,Kiernan . Most definitely Tav . Total garbage . Waghorn  .I rapidly going off this guy and one greedy bastard .

42 minutes ago, rangersfcwatp1990 said:

Average player who is never a defensive midfielder in his life. He's nowhere near physical enough to play that role. I'd rather have Tav on that position to see if he could do that role. But I would just bring in better players if given the choice.

Tav .You on the weed already bud . He couldn't play any position without fucking up

Criticism of him is a bit unfair sometimes, think about the stick past players used to get in that role like Edu and Thomson, they used to get roasted after old firm and euro defeats for pretty much the same reasons. It's a thankless task playing in that CDM role especially with a balls to the wall formation like ours.

11 hours ago, Big_dado said:

Criticism of him is a bit unfair sometimes, think about the stick past players used to get in that role like Edu and Thomson, they used to get roasted after old firm and euro defeats for pretty much the same reasons. It's a thankless task playing in that CDM role especially with a balls to the wall formation like ours.

Fair point made 

14 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Very harsh. We won titles with Christian Dailly and Kirk Broadfoot in the team. You do know he isn't a defensive midfielder, or even a midfielder for that matter? He's been here 2 years now and has been shoe horned into midfield by a manager who doesn't know what he is doing. 

Both players you mentioned were full internationals if Andy plays to be 100 he will never do that ! He is a lower league player sadly who is a very poor footballer and an extremely lucky man to have pulled on the blue jersey

I think there is a witch hunt against Halliday but he doesn't help himself

Rolls about as if he's got a broken leg then gets up like nothing's happened

and probably the worse passer I've ever seen 

every pass is a possible leg break for the receiver