Kenny Miller

ready1873

Legend is a big word thrown around quite a lot. 

7-8 years service at the club across 3 eras. 

257 appearances for the club

102 goals

5 major honours

3 Premiership titles

1 Scottish Cup

1 League Cup

1 League One 

1 Scottish Championship

Make your own mind up about legend or not. A better goals ratio than most would have thought i imagine but he hasn't won as much as i thought he had.

What can't be taken away from him is his work rate, his dedication to his profession and this club and his burning desire to win every single time he takes the field. He is a winner and unlike most of his team mates he knows exactly what it means and takes to play for this club. I love having him here and despite his age he keeps proving that he has it in him to play a part even now. Long may that continue. 

When i think of Rangers legends though i think of Meiklejohn, Greig, McCoist, Cooper, Gough, Morton, Young, Henderson, Jardine, Johnstone, Jackson, McDonald. I'm not sure Kenny is up there with those guys is he?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would be tempted to make him manager  NOW and bin Warburton make him  player/manager save on recruiting another with the same wages he's on now Fukin big risk but he talks well and has a wealth of experience he'll fire up the players have the players total respect  and won't take any shit he also Knows  playing alongside  the players their mentality and work ethic also I won't have too listen after every match to a broken record  about   "we'll learn from it"

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Legend is a big word thrown around quite a lot. 

7-8 years service at the club across 3 eras. 

257 appearances for the club

102 goals

5 major honours

3 Premiership titles

1 Scottish Cup

1 League Cup

1 League One 

1 Scottish Championship

Make your own mind up about legend or not. A better goals ratio than most would have thought i imagine but he hasn't won as much as i thought he had.

What can't be taken away from him is his work rate, his dedication to his profession and this club and his burning desire to win every single time he takes the field. He is a winner and unlike most of his team mates he knows exactly what it means and takes to play for this club. I love having him here and despite his age he keeps proving that he has it in him to play a part even now. Long may that continue. 

When i think of Rangers legends though i think of Meiklejohn, Greig, McCoist, Cooper, Gough, Morton, Young, Henderson, Jardine, Johnstone, Jackson, McDonald. I'm not sure Kenny is up there with those guys is he?

He also has 9 goals against the tims which I believe counts for something, big game player...

on the other hand would we count Boyd as a legend?

5 and a half years service over two periods

235 appearances

137 goals

6 major honours

- 2 SPL Titles

- 2 Scottish Cups

- 2 League Cups

UEFA Cup FinaI

I'd say no to both.

33 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Is this not his last season as a player? :unsure:

I'm sure that I read somewhere he was keen on a coaching role / doing his badges.

Said he would like to comtinue playing and if its away from Rangers, so be it. Don't think anyone can take issue with that, he loves the game, would anyone else turn down an opportunity to keep doing what they love?

12 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

He also has 9 goals against the tims which I believe counts for something, big game player...

on the other hand would we count Boyd as a legend?

5 and a half years service over two periods

235 appearances

137 goals

6 major honours

- 2 SPL Titles

- 2 Scottish Cups

- 2 League Cups

UEFA Cup FinaI

I'd say no to both.

Got to agree, i can' believe KB only won 2 titles here. Felt like he was part of quite a few. I think as a support we are definitely losing some of the values which made our support and our club who we are. These guys are not legends, they were great servants and done a wonderful job for the club but they didn't leave lasting legacies or spend years chalking up trophy after trophy. I've just asked 2 older gentlemen if they would class KM as a legend and they both laughed at me. Perhaps it is a generation thing, our younger fans i'm not sure appreciate just how great our club actually is, or has been or how great some of our genuine legends actually were. 

On 01/01/2017 at 4:06 AM, Sid2103 said:

He'd be my captain going forward, only person at the club that knows how to be a ranger, and only player consistently giving 100% week in week out.

Knows how to be a Ranger yet played for Celtic, if he knew how to be a Ranger then he would never have considered it. 

1 hour ago, loyal said:

Who would be tempted to make him manager  NOW and bin Warburton make him  player/manager save on recruiting another with the same wages he's on now Fukin big risk but he talks well and has a wealth of experience he'll fire up the players have the players total respect  and won't take any shit he also Knows  playing alongside  the players their mentality and work ethic also I won't have too listen after every match to a broken record  about   "we'll learn from it"

If we do sack Warburton - which we won't because that will cost money - Miller would be fine as interim player/manager if we have any games before a permanent manager is in place.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Said he would like to comtinue playing and if its away from Rangers, so be it. Don't think anyone can take issue with that, he loves the game, would anyone else turn down an opportunity to keep doing what they love?

Fair enough.

God knows where I got he wanted to become a coach from :headscratch: :dunno:

Some laughable comments imo, he scored a tap in then missed a fucking sitter to get us a point against the tims, but because he runs around a lot he's legend material? 

He's done, finished at the top level, few wee sparks here and there won't change that, we need better than him up front if we want to progress 

On 1/1/2017 at 4:11 AM, ready1873 said:

Wallace is never a captain. Miller has experience at the highest level and knows how to tell his team.

Kenny'd be a great captain but he won't play every week.  Could maybe make him club captain ?  Wallace isn't a leader on the park but he was badly missed on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Some laughable comments imo, he scored a tap in then missed a fucking sitter to get us a point against the tims, but because he runs around a lot he's legend material? 

He's done, finished at the top level, few wee sparks here and there won't change that, we need better than him up front if we want to progress 

How many other Rangers players in this current squad would have made the run for the 'tap-in'.  Fucking none as we have seen all season.  

6 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

How many other Rangers players in this current squad would have made the run for the 'tap-in'.  Fucking none as we have seen all season.  

So, that doesn't make him good enough, just because he's a better player than shite doesn't mean he's what we need going forward, 2nd half against st johnstone he was posted missing 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So, that doesn't make him good enough, just because he's a better player than shite doesn't mean he's what we need going forward, 2nd half against st johnstone he was posted missing 

Point is it wasn't a tap in.

One of the few players to genuinely lift me off my seat when I see him throwing his skinny arse into a crowded box because he has the knack of finding the ball and punishing teams no matter if the cunts around him are twice as big.

Playing for the filth has obviously tainted his record but its difficult not to think of Rangers over the last decade and not think of Kenny as one of the leading figures. He's became synonymous with us despite having pulled on their manky top which you would think was impossible to do.

An outstanding servant for Rangers who's exploits for us will be remembered well by me. I think he is a legend in his own era too. Not the greatest on the ball but gave his all always and produced loads of times for Rangers. I suppose it depends what is meant by legend because his service over 8 years is more than many players, such as Albertz or Amuroso, who were also fantastic for us and considered legends by many.

I suppose it really comes down to whether you can see past him playing for them. He's done that much for us that I find it difficult to remember him playing for them. Always thought he had a bit of a miserable spell with them. Judging by his seemingly unrestrainable desire to do well against them I don't think he feels any affinity for them. You'd be forgiven for thinking he had a grudge.

I wouldn't have signed a player that had played for them but in this instance I think Walter got it right. I don't know if he identifies with being a Rangers man but I would certainly give him that status. Somehow he's managed to make up for the greatest of sins by having a place in my heart along with so many others. Shouldn't have been possible but there you go. No wonder someone called it 'a funny old game'. 

56 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Point is it wasn't a tap in.

yes it was, so what if he ran into the box when no one else did, he scored from less than 6 yards out, when it came to it later in the game and a harder chance showed up he fluffed it and the tarriers won again

he's finished at the top level bar the odd run out against utter shite

I would take Kenny Miller anyday over Garner , Waghorn and Dodoo. Everyone says says he's finished but in the big games over the last 2 seasons he's always stepped up. A legend ?? , Who knows but I'm glad he he played for us. Guaranteed future coach at Ibrox and maybe manager down the line. 

6 hours ago, loyal said:

I was thinking this the other day, be an ideal player/manager as for Legend but never he played for them.