Ferguson on Le Guen.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Barry bringing this up now?

It seems he is pandering to the media.

The club doesn't need negative press, especially something from the distant past.

I don't believe that his actions during PLG's time left him in a good light either if I'm honest.

I really do worry Warburton thinks similarly behind closed doors - passing comments in interviews like "we just lost a game of football, that's all" after games against the tims etc.

I'd like to think behind closed doors he's giving the team absolute bollockings after some of our horrendous performances or any of the games we've dropped points in, but I really have my doubts.

Fuck knows sadly!

Where has this all came from in the last few days ? That's now 3 story's in a few days about a manager from 10yrs ago and Gavin Rae sticking his oar in now.

Looks like the media are running out of bad news story's about Rangers and scraping the barrel with this nonsense.  

Barry the player - very good player

Barry the man - not good at all. Out for himself. 

He was the captain of the best club in the world and should have shut his mouth in public at the time. Behind closed doors then voice his opinion,but in public he should have backed the manager or said nothing. 

44 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Barry Ferguson is a prick, always has been a prick and always will be a prick. 

Fair enough PLG was shit- but if he'd had the players 100% behind him he would have got more time and maybe done something. 

PLG was brought into to revolutionise rangers and bring them into the modern era in terms of sports science etc but he was undermined at every turn by Ferguson and his wee clique because he was different from the traditional manager Rangers were trying to move away for. 

He is fartmore interested in himself than rangers. An egotistical cock and has been since high school according to folk i know that went to school with him. 

He was a cock at Rangers in the dressing room and treated young players with utter contempt- refusing to sign shirts for charity that the under 19s were duty bound to get. 

Apart from that he was a very over rated player. Against Kaiserslautern 2001ish he was immense and around that time he looked like he would be a star. However he turned out like any other typical play it safe Scottish central midfielder- get the ball, do a 360, pass it sideways or back. 

He fucked off down south and then came back with his tail between his legs when he couldn't cut the mustard. The epitomy of a man that needs to be a big fish in a small pond. 

His attempts to rewrite history subsequently and portray himself as some Rangers legend are pathetic. 

I can think of very few ex Rangers players I detest more. 

That's because you're a Tim and Fergie had this habit of breaking your little hearts over and over again.

On 5 January 2017 at 10:58 PM, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I can understand that tbh.

Winning trophies is expected at Rangers, it's not the case with Birmingham. They wouldn't have even been mentioned as potential winners before that competition started so it's arguably a bigger achievement.

Nah. Winning a treble with Rangers and reaching a European cup final should be higher on the achievement list for any real Rangers man.

English league cup, pfttt.

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah. Winning a treble with Rangers and reaching a European cup final should be higher on the achievement list for any real Rangers man.

English league cup, pfttt.

I'd agree with you tbh I was just saying I could understand why he's said it. If that is actually what was said.

European competition aside, we went into every competition as one of the favourites. Not winning them was failure.

Birmingham are a small club that wouldn't have even entered the conversation if you were discussing favourites for that cup. It's a medal he would never have expected to have in his collection.

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Blah blah blah ......

Apart from that he was a very over rated player. 

I can think of very few ex Rangers players I detest more. 

I remember him against Parma at Ibrox turning Dino Baggio inside out. After he passed the ball, Baggio gave him a shove and smiled as if to say "Who the fuck is this young guy" (in an admiring sort of way).

He might have made some poor decisions off the pitch but on his game what a player.