Kevin Thomson Interview - RTV

PRW.

Just short of an hour long interview with Kevin Thomson on Rangers TV, going through his career from start to finish. 

Really good watch. I liked hearing him talk about his tackles/role in the team and for me it highlighted just how much we miss a player like him right now.

Said that he wanted to make sure he was a player people hated to play against but loved to play alongside. How he liked setting the tone early in the game with his tackles, for example on Keane. He made sure Robbie Keane knew that everytime he received the ball Thomson would be there, right on top of him, in order to put him off his game. 

https://rangers.co.uk/tv/view?it=15505&c=&act=view&r=768402093&www=fast&chk=params

Its funny because Walter always used to tell me I was at my best when I went looking for a tackle and I think that was important for us as a team. 

Its difficult to play at Ibrox and I tried to make it an onus that I was the catalyst to get us on the front foot, I was the one who would go hunting for a tackle and get the punters onside and get the team lifted. I felt that was my role within the team

19 minutes ago, ben51 said:

If only he didn't get injured at Rugby Park, the guy would have been our captain for years. An outstanding player with an exceptional OF record. 

He knew what battle fever meant. 

I remember feeling gutted for him when he got that injury as he was really hitting top form at the time and was becoming one of our most important players in the team.......I remember him scoring in the 1-0 win over the tarriers at ibrox a few years back I was in the corner under the big screen and proceeded to jump over the wee barrier and do a wee dance infront of the mhanky mob which was very out of character of me especially as a grown man lol then ma old boy who was sitting a row back shouted at me to get back to ma seat before I get pulled by the police lol Gd times .......

I liked Kevin Thomson. Right under-rated footballer. Had the right amount of dig, skill and passing/technical ability all in.

I honestly can't bring myself to watch that interview or they clips - for all they were good at the time it's too painful for me now considering the fuds we've got running about when recently we had guys like Thomson. 

Kevin Thomson was my favourite player when he was here. Such a same he got injured. Remember he crunched Keane, 5 mins in and you could see the prick turning about to see what was going on, then KT crunched him again about 45 seconds later. Magic. 

There isn't a doubt in my mind that he is considerably better than that other cunt.