David Weir on signings so far

King_gazza

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Point is we are shite away from home.cant beat dross like killie, ross county.lucky to beat partick thistle fs

Imo we are only just gettin away with bein second down to the fact the rest are even worse!

If we were beatin the rest n still no good enough v them, it would be a bit more acceptable.right now its no fuckin good enough

27 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

What?  Our footballing department is a mess? Utter tripe.  The previous regime(s) ripped it to bits.  It's being rebuilt.  You don't walk into a shop and ask for a new "football department" and ask for an extended warranty.  Foundations are now in place with a philosophy from the youth up.  At first team level it needs improving and we're learning the occasional sharp lesson in that.  Next summer window is far more important than this winter imo.  We will finish second, next year needs a step up in investment. 

"We're learning the occasional sharp lesson",now where have I heard that phrase before? I wouldn't like to live in a house where Warburton and Weir were responsible for the foundations. I might also add that the philosophy you talk about is naive in the extreme and far better teams than us have struggled with Warburton's fantasy football(man.city are the most obvious). When Kenny Miller is your best player then something is far wrong. And why sign Garner when you are building a Barca tribute act?

1 minute ago, RFC16 said:

Point is we are shite away from home.cant beat dross like killie, ross county.lucky to beat partick thistle fs

Imo we are only just gettin away with bein second down to the fact the rest are even worse!

If we were beatin the rest n still no good enough v them, it would be a bit more acceptable.right now its no fuckin good enough

Plus we look vulnerable everytime we concede

This was never a season we would emerge as a footballing force again..... never.

Feels like our ambition is there for all to see... cut price nearly good enough players, a sprinkle of loanees, 2nd place and perhaps a sneaky cup win. This I am sure has been discussed behind closed doors.

I hope to fuck this is the only season we are of that mind set or we will become our very own Motherwell.

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

beat by the scum twice and Aberdeen and hearts away and still sitting clear in 2nd..Yet some think we won't finish 2nd really?

Just out of curiosity, if Aberdeen win their game in hand they go above us, so how exactly is that sitting clear in 2nd?

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I understand the signing of Toral but the signing of Hyndman is an on one for me because what we are crying out for in that area is a bit of physicality and experience.

He's no world beater himself but I would rather have see somebody like Diagouraga come alongside Toral.

Couldn't agree more, midfield is very lightweight and rarely do you see someone snap into a tackle. No grit and often it means when it comes to those games which turn into battles, we get rolled over. 

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

True, but they also have to come back to ibrox

It's hard to judge though no one can say we will definitely finish second, we all hope we do the worry for us is our away form and lack of goals if we could improve on that it would be a certainty but it's not just now.

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If we fail to finish second then don't be all that surprised. 

Nearly half a season gone and we are 2nd. We have added a few players and whilst people can argue their merits this is more then the rest have done.

See no reason why we will not be in the same place at the end of the season.

Aye we will drop some points and about a zillion topics will start about how shite we are....win a few and the gap is not that much

Just now, Smile said:

It's hard to judge though no one can say we will definitely finish second, we all hope we do the worry for us is our away form and lack of goals if we could improve on that it would be a certainty but it's not just now.

Your certainly right but I can't see us not finishing second tbh.  In the next half season I expect them to drop more points than us but I also expect us to finish about 30 points behind the taigs. So although it will be 2nd it will be a poor 2nd.

with regards our away form it is quite alarming especially at teams in and around us like last year we just couldn't cut the mustard at Falkirk and hibs-minus the friendly.

36 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You aren't expecting those people to have brain cells are you? 

36 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You aren't expecting those people to have brain cells are you? 

I wouldn't know mate that's not my strongest subject read my posts!

5 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Your certainly right but I can't see us not finishing second tbh.  In the next half season I expect them to drop more points than us but I also expect us to finish about 30 points behind the taigs. So although it will be 2nd it will be a poor 2nd.

with regards our away form it is quite alarming especially at teams in and around us like last year we just couldn't cut the mustard at Falkirk and hibs-minus the friendly.

If our away for matched our home form and we got the strikers contributing it would be a lot easier, i hope we do not play the way we played last third of last season.