Should Warburton get another season if we finish second  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton get another season if we finish second

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Then you have a point. I don't believe that will be the case though. I believe our record 21 points will remain intact.

I think timmy having a new manager who wants to impress down south may make them keep their foot on the gas when most teams would have long since eased up 

It's far from unambiguous that he shouldn't get another season and they're must be genuine reasons for that. Rangers have never been a club that gets rid of managers willy nilly and should never be. With Mccoists managerial tenure it was an easy decision, le guen also. With Mark Warburton they're is still a nagging feeling with me anyway that we are not yet seeing the full play in regards to future developments. Id like to see atleast one under 21's player make a fundamental step up into the first team before the end of the season though. 

If we start performing as a cohesive unit.

If we can be competitive against everyone we play between now and the end of the season.

If we can show that there is something other than this toothless pass yourself into bother football.

If his signings look like being capable of doing us a turn.

Then I would grudgingly give him the next season.

But and this isn't a deal breaker but close, do we trust him with whatever money will come our way over the summer ?

hate to see any Rangers Manager sacked or hounded out but even he must see the need for a Huge and Rapid improvement, doesn't he ?

4 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

If we can be competitive against everyone we play between now and the end of the season.

If we can show that there is something other than this toothless pass yourself into bother football.

But and this isn't a deal breaker but close, do we trust him with whatever money will come our way over the summer ?

hate to see any Rangers Manager sacked or hounded out but even he must see the need for a Huge and Rapid improvement, doesn't he ?

Ultimately that's the bottom line is there really any point in having a manager who the chairman doesn't trust with money? 

3 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

To be honest, given the way our form disintegrated in the second half of last season with no pressure on us, I fully expect our arses to collapse completely under the pressure of having to win games with Aberdeen breathing down our necks.

Absolutely no way, his signings have been unbelievable and indeed puzzling why sign around fifteen mediocre players. I would have thought he would signed two quality big fast CH's and two quality midfielders. Build the team around a solid defence and m/field and I reckon we would be less money for wages than we are now. But that's only my opinion and I still can't work out his thinking, about running with tight squad young hungry fast players I just don't know. He also puts me in mind of McCoist as it appears that he can't change tactics of the team during a game. I'm just sick and tired of these performances and I don't think he can be trusted for anymore signings.

3 minutes ago, Neil1418 said:

Absolutely no way, his signings have been unbelievable and indeed puzzling why sign around fifteen mediocre players. I would have thought he would signed two quality big fast CH's and two quality midfielders. Build the team around a solid defence and m/field and I reckon we would be less money for wages than we are now. But that's only my opinion and I still can't work out his thinking, about running with tight squad young hungry fast players I just don't know. He also puts me in mind of McCoist as it appears that he can't change tactics of the team during a game. I'm just sick and tired of these performances and I don't think he can be trusted for anymore signings.

That's true as well bring fewer players in with better quality never understood why he filled the team with so many players who maybe could make it one day, big risk for a Manager.

15 minutes ago, Neil1418 said:

Absolutely no way, his signings have been unbelieinable and indeed puzzling why sign around fifteen mediocre players. I would have thought he would signed two quality big fast CH's and two quality midfielders. Build the team around a solid defence and m/field and I reckon we would be less money for wages than we are now. But that's only my opinion and I still can't work out his thinking, about running with tight squad young hungry fast players I just don't know. He also puts me in mind of McCoist as it appears that he can't change tactics of the team during a game. I'm just sick and tired of these performances and I don't think he can be trusted for anymore signings.

This, I also cant understand why he still hasnt put a spine down the middle of the team and build off IT. He has a keeper who gets by but not too good with distribution, then nothing IN front down the middle.

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I no longeif think Mark has the ability to be our manager so voted no. 

Its like the dressing room has had enough IF wednesday was to go by and IF thats the case there IS no way back for him, the players though should be ashamed of themselves IF they did down tools. I honestly hope

Just now, piperpete said:

Its like the dressing room has had enough IF wednesday was to go by and IF thats the case there IS no way back for him, the players though should be ashamed of themselves IF they did down tools. I honestly hope

I have been concerned about his ability to motivate players since as far back as last years cup final, and while I agree that players should not down tools it does appear that they do, especially if the games start going wrong, like Wed night. 

The game last Sat against Motherwell suited us when it went 10 v 10 IMO, it gave us a little more room and we managed to create and score the goals we needed.  

We will probably scrape a win tomorrow but I really do not have much faith in that opinion. 

I don't see how anyone who wants him gone can think he could redeem himself by the end of the season?

That's basically saying it's acceptable to be shite for most of the season but scrape the bare minimum at the end to save your own arse.  He's had his chance and it didn't work out and while I feel bad for the guy I also feel worse for every bear that has to sit thru this shite

Nah, he won't get the time, patience, or resources to turn this around. An old fashioned manager will make us more defensive and get us more points making us a better also ran to the filth on paper.

Its shite but Rangers can't do what others teams do by having a long-term strategy unless things go well quickly.

I'd rather Warburton saved himself the aggro and found a club where he will get the backing and time frame to have a chance of being a success.

We shouldn't try this type of manager again without having lots of cash so we can hit the ground running because its just the reality at a club like ours where there can be no bad season.  

I think he is going about things the right way but making a mess of it at times. For him to be given next season I think we'd have to improve substantially from now on and have an excellent run in the cup.

It would help substantially if some of his signings recovered from injury / came good.

17 hours ago, piperpete said:

Not a case of if they did down tools, they did down tools and got away lightly with a 4-1 pumpin

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Regardless of result today if he starts that roaster Kiernan he deserves the boot today.

If he starts him it shows he understands fuck all about our problems at the back and is taking us for complete mugs.

And halliday for that matter