Should Warburton get next season if we finish second

Smile

Should Warburton get another season if we finish second  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Should Warburton get another season if we finish second

15 minutes ago, Amato said:

If we win every game till the end of the season then what we have won't be dross

Tavernier, Kiernan , Halliday etc will never win the premier title. They are therefore dross and need to be replaced by whoever is manager next season. Only problem is nobody will want to buy and of them.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Tavernier, Kiernan , Halliday etc will never win the premier title. They are therefore dross and need to be replaced by whoever is manager next season. Only problem is nobody will want to buy and of them.

I agree with most of that and I know Tav has had some shockers but I do think he has potential playing in a better back 4. I think he looks much worse playing on the same side as Kiernan. I thought Tav looked better defensively at the start of the season and with a better structured team he could be an asset. The other 2 are hopeless though. Halliday is especially poor at this level and always looks knackered after the first 10 mins.

No, the team is spineless, lacks discipline and leadership which is simply unacceptable. We have a squad of molly coddled, cotton wool wrapped posers who like the idea of playing in front of 50k fans without being arsed to put in a performance for such a fantastic support. 

Kings words before we got promoted.

“We are going into the Premiership to challenge. We aren’t going in to come second – we recognise there is a significant gap between ourselves and Celtic, but the mindset is still to put a team in the Premiership next season that can compete with Celtic and have a mind on the following season where we expect to be playing in Europe.

No.

The fact that we're still second despite bottling it on several occasions and in general just being really pish, tells you all you need to know about the state of Scottish football.

If there were any other decent teams, we'd be mid table this season. Being content with being shite just because everybody else is, is unacceptable to say the least.

Kings words again

Kenny McDowall says it will take five years for the club to rebuild the infrastructure and compete?

‘Look, I like what he said in the sense he was setting expectations which might be in our favour; for the fans not to get too excited too quickly.

‘But do I believe it’s five years? No.

‘I believe we will invest in our squad and I think it is absolutely imperative that in Rangers’ first season back in the Premier League, we finish at least second.

‘We can’t be scrapping for third and fourth with Aberdeen and Dundee United.

‘If the fans come back on board, our revenue stream on that basis alone should make us a solid No 2.’

you would think that at the start of the year we would have taken it no problem  = we would be back into europe and the building process continues with MW - all is good.

However, the rest of this league apart from the taigs are absolutely woeful - Aberdeen are the best of the rest and Hearts can turn it on every now and again and they look like competition - but you wouldn't bet decent money on either of them not getting beat in their next game. So we are barely 2nd in an absolutely dire league.

Additionally, the managers tactics and decisions are simply wrong on to many occasions and in too many situations - and is not getting any better. I have said on another thread - there is no progress - and certainly signing Hyndman for 4 months is not progress - no matter how good he is. 

I think we have stalled under MW. I think he has taken us as far as he can. 

2 hours ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

At the moment I think we need a change of manager. However, as long as a manager is in charge, he should be able to turn things around and be in control of his own destiny. 2nd would not be enough in itself for me. The team would need to improve and be more consistent. We need to be more competitive in tougher away matches and also should be looking to put in a decent run in the Cup. Could this happen? Yes. Is it likely to happen? No.

What he said ^

No for me. 

I've had enough of him. I used to look forward to his pre/post match interviews because I loved the things he said and the way he spoke. Now I hate hearing him. Last night he was on SSN and I actually switched it off. I used only do that when anything to do with celtic were on :depressed:

Depends on what targets were actually agreed behind closed doors at the start of the season.

The goalposts seem to have been moved recently in terms of 2nd place as a target, so if the target was a European spot then 3rd place would suffice, or a Scottish cup win and god forbid an even lower league position.

Would this be good enough for our club? No.

Would this be good enough for Warburton? It seems so.

Would this be good enough for King and the board? I suspect it may be.

My own view is that Warburton should be gone and appears to be losing the plot in front of our eyes. Should he be retained then season tickets will be a hard sell and early failure in Europe, which I'd argue is almost inevitable given we'll be going into qualifiers with basically this seasons team minus Hyndman, Toral and possibly Hill and Miller, would surely see him gone.

15 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

you would think that at the start of the year we would have taken it no problem  = we would be back into europe and the building process continues with MW - all is good.

However, the rest of this league including the taigs are absolutely woeful - Aberdeen are the best of the rest and Hearts can turn it on every now and again and they look like competition - but you wouldn't bet decent money on either of them not getting beat in their next game. So we are barely 2nd in an absolutely dire league.

Additionally, the managers tactics and decisions are simply wrong on to many occasions and in too many situations - and is not getting any better. I have said on another thread - there is no progress - and certainly signing Hyndman for 4 months is not progress - no matter how good he is. 

I think we have stalled under MW. I think he has taken us as far as he can. 

Fixed that for you

37 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

No.

The fact that we're still second despite bottling it on several occasions and in general just being really pish, tells you all you need to know about the state of Scottish football.

If there were any other decent teams, we'd be mid table this season. Being content with being shite just because everybody else is, is unacceptable to say the least.

Well put and true

If we go on a good run, beat the filth, finish 2nd, you'd get a different result. 

Having a vote after one of our worst performance, will only give us one result.

The thing is, there's nobody in a queue, waiting to take his job. Those that are available are only available because they're no good. Being a Rangers manager is never easy, especially at this point in our history. If we change managers, we might go backwards. Change isn't always for good, or better.