Warburton I'm Pleased with it

Smile

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....and the message from Pollyanna central (aka MW) is..........he's pleased and won't criticise the team.

But when the fit hits the shan then someone needs to stay late after school.     He's the man responsible for results and team performances, but seems King and the Board are happy to let him continue with the risk of even more fit hitting even more shans for a while longer.     It's the Support that's being dumped on though. 

(for fit read shit, for shan read fan).

Cant remember who it was but someone posted a few days ago that when you look at him and see the way he does things you think to yourself, 'I know more about football than you', It's hard to argue with that.

For all the talk of him being articulate, forward thinking and intelligent he's to put bluntly a bumbling idiot.

Q. "How do you reflect on the match"  A, "Disappointed". Somehow the title of the thread wouldn't have been as heady though had it been "Disappointed". Then he talks about the effort from the players who came in, and the subs. and he goes through the sequence of the chances created by the effort and he was pleased by it. I think it's quite a fair estimation to be disappointed in the result, and pleased by the overall performance. I can't see him being the Rangers manager after the summer and that would possibly be the best thing for him as well as the club; unless we did well in the SC, and finished a clear second then it is hard to imagine it, but that result today was not so straightforward to discredit either the manager or the team. We are third, if he doesn't, at least, come second that I think even he will have fallen behind his own high standards, and he would most probably consider it a failure. I don't think he would be pleased with third.

Just shows how bad things are.If he is actually pleased with that performance and dropping points to the likes of County for the third time this season then he truely doesn't understand our club.

We have the only squad of professional footballers who do not learn anything at all.The football on show is mostly slow and turgid.The defending is shambolic at times.You cannot have faith in any player to actually put in a decent performance 2 weeks running.Our 2 most creative players at present are new loanees which says a lot about his recruitment of permanent players to date.The desire and heart within the team is nonexistent.

As a manager he is responsible for all these areas.He has presided over a period of time where complacency and lacklustre has become the norm.He cannot motivate nor can he respond to situations arising during a match.As the Einstein quote so aptly states he continues to do the same thing hoping for different outcomes then spouts the same hollow phrases when this fails to happen.

Sadly the only way to change this cycle is to remove the main cause.Yes the arguments will rage about if so WHO would come in but for me the biggest danger is to do nothing.This will allow the current mentality throughout the team to become far too embedded for anyone to change without drastic reconstruction.

I've done the lottery for years and I'm happy with the numbers that I pick and the strategy I use. I know where I go wrong every week (I don't pick the winning numbers) and I move on to the next week with the same strategy and numbers hopeful that it all falls into place and I win. I feel there's a massive resemblance to Warburton.  His interviews never change, his tactics don't change, his subs don't change, the mistakes don't change and then move onto the next week hoping it works. More chance of winning the lottery than Warburton making a success of it, sadly.

31 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

You've watched in 10 times before already.

Sod it - had to watch it.  Was hoping to see some sign of him being ready to chuck it - sadly no.  Worst thing for me was him saying 'we should be winning at home' as though he doesn't think away results are important. Wit!

Can we afford to sack him?  Is that a thing we can do?  I got told it was about 300k to get rid of him and Weir is that true?  Also getting the new manager etc. I know we used to have money by for things like that does anyone know?  I'm worried we can't afford to sack him.  Not saying we should sack him just that it would be good to have the choice.

The time really has come for MW. Whilst it can be argued that he has not been adequately funded to take on Celtic, that argument cannot be applied to the likes of Ross County and Hearts.

But really it looks to me as a total clear out is required, and that is going to cost big time. I cannot see many of our existing squad being wanted by other Clubs or getting deals comparable to what we are paying them.

2 minutes ago, jamess said:

Can't afford to sack him?  How many season tickets will we not sell if we continue like this.  Can't afford to keep him more like.

Yeah I totally get that but i mean literally can't afford to sack him - don't have a credit line with a bank i heard to can't do it, don't have the  money to do it.  Or are there maybe guys on the board who would be prepared to dig to get rid of him?  

You can only spend money to make money if you have money if you get my meaning.