So it's Graeme Murty

blueretro

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit I wasn't impressed with the Celtic-loving Dad article, either.

But I'm not going to put a gun to his head because of his Dad. We can't help what we are born into.

Provided he's not a mad fenian himself who used to have season tickets at the Piggery I'm happy for him to step in as interim to help us out. If he's shite then we can always get rid. I don't think it would derail our objectives. 

Rangers caretaker Graeme Murty previously spoke of his delight about facing Celtic in his testimonial match due to his Hoops-daft dad. 

The former Scotland international was over the moon when it appeared Reading would host Gordon Strachan 's side in 2008. 

The testimonial match never came to fruition and he ended up facing a Reading select side in 2009.

Murty admits Celtic played a prominent role in his family growing up.

Gordon Strachan side were linked with the testimonial

He said in 2007: "It is a great honour for me for Celtic to come and play in this match.

“With my dad being a life-long fan, the club has always featured very strongly in our family.

“It’s a dream to get them down here and I’m sure the fans will love seeing one of the biggest clubs in Britain here.”

Murty will be in the Rangers dugout for the crunch fifth round Scottish Cup against Morton on Sunday.

Honestly gies me the dry boak !

image.gif

3 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Rangers caretaker Graeme Murty previously spoke of his delight about facing Celtic in his testimonial match due to his Hoops-daft dad. 

The former Scotland international was over the moon when it appeared Reading would host Gordon Strachan 's side in 2008. 

The testimonial match never came to fruition and he ended up facing a Reading select side in 2009.

He said in 2007: "It is a great honour for me for Celtic to come and play in this match.

“With my dad being a life-long fan, the club has always featured very strongly in our family.

“It’s a dream to get them down here and I’m sure the fans will love seeing one of the biggest clubs in Britain here.”

Murty will be in the Rangers dugout for the crunch fifth round Scottish Cup against Morton on Sunday.

Honestly gies me the dry boak !

image.gif

I'm not making excuses for tarriers, but remember it was back in 2007 and it would have been easy for him to throw in the generic snippet about Celtic being his boyhood team and he's excited for the match for that reason, if he was a fan - but he never. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not making excuses for tarriers, but remember it was back in 2007 and it would have been easy for him to throw in the generic snippet about Celtic being his boyhood team and he's excited for the match for that reason, if he was a fan - but he never. 

Career move not mentioning it, look where it's got him today, they have worked it well since the mid 60's, they are running everything! 

zzzzzzzzzzzsherlo.gif

1 minute ago, Ryju84 said:

All other stuff aside... what is he like as a manager? I thought our under 20s were playing pish (only based on comments on this site)

The Dude will be able to answer that one more than me as he watches them this season but from what I hear they're pish ... but the players aren't upto much IMO. 

He might get more from our first team players (I know they're shite too) but I'm genuinely interested in seeing what a fresh approach might have on them. 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The Dude will be able to answer that one more than me as he watches them this season but from what I hear they're pish ... but the players aren't upto much IMO. 

He might get more from our first team players (I know they're shite too) but I'm genuinely interested in seeing what a fresh approach might have on them. 

No idea where you hear that from.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No idea where you hear that from.

I'll tell you where I heard it from, then - a couple of guys who go to all sorts of games at unders levels. Right down to children's levels. Basically anything representing Rangers - ladies, 13 year olds, 15 year olds, u20's, first team.

I've never heard them use the word pish .. that's my word, but they don't talk in glowing terms.

You are free to see things differently as you have went regular this season. That's your call but hearing what some others say and looking at the results and table position then I don't know how you can possibly take issue with anyone having that opinion. 

Fuck it gets worse.

:britney:

15 hours ago, yoggiebear said:

The times have changed for every team. Players and managers are now mercinerys, gone are the days of only playing for the team you supported as a boy(Davie cooper etc.) I believe that every so called professional will try their best for the club who currently pays their wages but when push comes to shove then there off. The only part of the club that stays loyal are the fans. The ones who back our beloved club through thick and bloody anorexic:bow:

I agree with this but again as a club it's our choice and I would never have had him anywhere near Ibrox, in fact if he wants to come to our magnificent stadium then he can buy a ticket when his beloved Celtic visit.  We have numerous ex players who could do a better job than him, one guy alone is Arthur Numan then I could give you a list if ex players who would walk back to Ibrox.

Very poor appointment and we the fans have to put up with it and pay him a luxury wage that none of us could get in our wildest dreams. 

Couldn't give a fuck about signings catholics , we have had loads in the past who have been great payers, but we have to stop employing rabid papish bastards who have supported that scum all their lives. Theres fuckin no chance any of them deep down want us to stop the tims winning ten.

9 hours ago, thirdchoiceleftback said:

To be fair he was born and raised in Yorkshire. 

He was a professional footballer so he would have spent most Saturdays paying football. He was at Middlesbroughs Centre of excellence until he was 15 then went to York City

He was bigging up his testimonial and still never said he was a Celtic fan. 

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

He was a professional footballer so he would have spent most Saturdays paying football. He was at Middlesbroughs Centre of excellence until he was 15 then went to York City

He was bigging up his testimonial and still never said he was a Celtic fan. 

Give it a rest , before he got the job with us he will have sided with that scum just like the rest of his family. Should never have got the job.

Let him have his day and get him to fuck ...........