So it's Graeme Murty

blueretro

:lol: Getting upset about a brand, spanking new temp-manager with no managerial experience whatsoever maybe not getting a press conference 100% spot on.

Does this not maybe suggest that this over-analysis of every, single word that a manager produces has gone a wee bit too far?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

No he didn't.

I just listened to the interview, and 'scared' 100% does not represent what he was saying.

Doesn't strike me as a scared type ... not saying he's as a shouter and a lion but I think people confusing being well spoken and laid back as a shite bag - no one knows a thing about him good or bad ... we will have a better idea after this Dundee trip and next game or two so I'll make a judgement then .. he might be a shite bag dud or he might be calm and calculating ...

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Doesn't strike me as a scared type ... not saying he's as a shouter and a lion but I think people confusing being well spoken and laid back as a shite bag - no one knows a thing about him good or bad ... we will have a better idea after this Dundee trip and next game or two so I'll make a judgement then .. he might be a shite bag dud or he might be calm and calculating ...

At the end of the day, he's highly unlikely to be managerial material for us at this stage in his career, but the guy has stepped up to the plate and put his neck on the line as a complete rookie, so I think people should cut him some slack when it comes to shit like being upset that he said going to CP is a daunting prospect. I mean, I'm daunted by the prospect right now,  but he's the manager and with a bit more experience he might not have chosen to go with that word (which was fed to him btw, he didn't just pluck it out of thin air). But that's the point, he's not experienced. In terms of interviews though, he's come across remarkably well overall for someone thrust into the limelight from his position. I think jumping on the first small, small mistake (if it even is that) is just massively unfair. 

57 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The fact that he seems to have given Dundee any thought as an opposition at all is a step in the right direction! All this 'it's all about what we do' stuff we've heard for a couple of years is a great sound bite and good for getting the fans behind you but at no point did anyone think he meant it and didn't give our opponents the time of day when it came to analysing their team! 

Quite like the way he's been saying the right things and conducts himself but first and foremost it's what happens on the pitch that counts . 

Still think it a bit of a gamble going with a rookie with 2nd place , Europe and the Scottish Cup still up for grabs , though to counter that , you just don't know the attitude of an interim manager who probably knows he'll have no chance of the job come the end of the season . 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Daunted going to Parkhead:lol:

Embarrassing. Couldn't care less if he was in the job a day, that's a pathetic statement. 

I don't think it's embarrassing at all! The guys been a first team manager for a week and not through his own choosing! Plus he seems honest and isn't going to give us any bullshit bravado! 

Given the same turgid, regurgitated shite we've listened to for 20 months I find his pressers informative, honest and enjoyable. 

Will show how naive and short sighted the board are if they they think Murty can do a job til the end of the season . Before the season ends We have 2 games against the monkeys , a cup run and 2nd place to play for and we get fuck all of these if he is in charge .

He was a rabbit in the headlights against Morton , reminded me of McDowell standing there with his arms folded saying fuck all 

The guy is a tool , talking about how his old man is a sellic fan recently - fuck off , should have been emptied with the 3 stooges 

50 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Eck was going to be interim but only on the basis he was considered for the job, or the DOF role, at the end of the season, which wasn't going to happen.

Supposedly...

Interesting if true . 

I wouldn't expect them to rule anyone out unless something has already been decided . . . . . maybe . 

18 minutes ago, Gallows high said:

Will show how naive and short sighted the board are if they they think Murty can do a job til the end of the season . Before the season ends We have 2 games against the monkeys , a cup run and 2nd place to play for and we get fuck all of these if he is in charge .

He was a rabbit in the headlights against Morton , reminded me of McDowell standing there with his arms folded saying fuck all 

The guy is a tool , talking about how his old man is a sellic fan recently - fuck off , should have been emptied with the 3 stooges 

If by recently you mean 10 years ago, then yes, he did.

Jesus Christ. The guy has a good, good CV as a youth coach, was a pretty impressive signing in that department when we got him and now people want to cast all that aside (being promoted through the ranks at Norwich and Southampton) because he said in 2007 that his dad is a sellic fan.

I think if we're going to challenge the tims again, these kinds of warped priorities wouldn't be likely to help.

Just now, B1872 said:

Is Murty a tarrier? Just watched his press conference and he certainly loves the tims and is "daunted" by going there in a few weeks.

:lol: Apparently he loves the tims now.

Insane.

It's one of those things. That moment in 2007 means that it doesn't matter what he does now, he won't get a chance with some. Who cares about the fact that he has a good pedigree in the role he'll be performing for us in the future. We can definitely afford to get rid of good quality staff because of flimsy sellic connections.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've no read the article but he says is "daunting" and again without reading the article I wouldn't be surprised if the content meant the headline was an exaggeration 

could be wrong tho 

It is a daunting task for a young inexperienced manager with a squad of p,ayers lacking confidence, but that does not translate to 'scared' as some have implied.  I am sure many of us have faced daunting tasks and actually looked forward to the challenge.  Sunday should provide a good indicator of whether or not he has the players backing.

38 minutes ago, Inigo said:

:lol: Apparently he loves the tims now.

Insane.

It's one of those things. That moment in 2007 means that it doesn't matter what he does now, he won't get a chance with some. Who cares about the fact that he has a good pedigree in the role he'll be performing for us in the future. We can definitely afford to get rid of good quality staff because of flimsy sellic connections.

Daunting fuck all

1 hour ago, Gallows high said:

Who would be your realistic choice and why?

Question:

"Is it daunting the thought about going to Parkhead in a couple of weeks?"

Should have been answered:

"No, of course not! We are Rangers football club and we shouldn't be daunted going anywhere. We are the worlds most successful club and the day we are scared to go to any away ground is the day we ought to chuck it"

Must just be me but a lot of our support seem to forget who we are. We need to get our arrogance back instead of accepting we are second best. SECOND WILL NEVER BE FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH - EVER!!!!!

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Question:

"No, of course not! We are Rangers football club and we shouldn't be daunted going anywhere. We are the worlds most successful club and the day we are scared to go to any away ground is the day we ought to chuck it"

Must just be me but a lot of our support seem to forget who we are. We need to get our arrogance back instead of accepting we are second best. SECOND WILL NEVER BE FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH - EVER!!!!!

Easy when you have had 6 hours to think about it, maybe not so easy on the hoof facing the press.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Question:

This is exactly the kind of sound bite we've been given for two years and it means fuck all. The guy has been thrust into the limelight and probably every game is daunting for him at the moment. Give him a break and get behind him!