Ross Wilson

ElBufalo20

Just now, MasterD said:

There was a guy in my pals bookies today trying to stick £1000 on Warburton leaving and McLeish getting the job.

Bookies wouldn't take it.

Tell him I'll still take it! No chance McLeish will be the manager. Short or long term. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson was offered a role at the tarriers by John Park but knocked it back.

Wilson did not enter football with a specific ambition, but his five years at Falkirk left him with a clear idea of where he wanted to go. Hughes left for Hibernian and wanted Wilson to join him, while another opportunity arose to work alongside John Park, Celtic's football development manager and chief scout. Wilson, though, had his sights set on England.

"To not go to Hibs with John was really tough," he admits. "There was a point where I thought he was never going to talk to me again. It just didn't fit for me at that time.

Wilson describes former Falkirk boss John Hughes, now at Inverness, as "phenomenal"

"How many times do you get the opportunity to join Celtic? Probably once. The success that John Park has had at Celtic in terms of player recruitment is huge. I'm close with John and he's been a huge influence on me as well. That was a big decision, but it was for the same reason, that I had something else in mind."

Thinking about this it really is a poor sign of the times to come. 

An experienced DoF only works with an inexperienced manager looking at who uses it. We don't need an inexperienced manager or a DoF. We need a household name and a scouting system which consists of more than one used car salesman. 

39 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

this will be our most important appoint EVER we really need to get it right. I don't think we are in a position for a new experimental overhaul 

Spot on. The next Manager has to work, no if, buts or maybes. 

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Would rather have Rab Wilson.

At least if I was in the dressing room, none of the hiders and cowards in the team would know what it means to be a Rangers player and who they are playing for.you can't do that team talk every week, I would mix it up with " don't win today and they will be waiting for you outside"  or " they know  where you live".or " come in here beat and you will have me and StrongbowLoyal  to deal with". The players are not "scared" enough to worry about not letting us down.

TRuth is, there is nobody out there  who fits the bill for us, this could go really fuckin wrong.  Whatever happens, I want Neil McCann in a coaching capacity at Rangers.

No Surrender 

Rab 

1 minute ago, rab wilson said:

At least if I was in the dressing room, none of the hiders and cowards in the team would know what it means to be a Rangers player and who they are playing for.you can't do that team talk every week, I would mix it up with " don't win today and they will be waiting for you outside"  or " they know  where you live".or " come in here beat and you will have me and StrongbowLoyal  to deal with". The players are not "scared" enough to worry about not letting us down.

TRuth is, there is nobody out there  who fits the bill for us, this could go really fuckin wrong.  Whatever happens, I want Neil McCann in a coaching capacity at Rangers.

No Surrender 

Rab 

:lol::lol: 

Fucking brilliant.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

:lol::lol: 

Fucking brilliant.

He he he he.imagine that mate.you would be fuckin bricking it to make a mistake. The thought of  the hordes gathering with pitchforks and Stanley's outside your gate. Too scared to let us down and brown skants at the thought of handing a transfer request in.

"Welcome to the hotel california" ha ha ha ha

No Surrender 

Rab 

I wouldn't be that bothered if Davies was brought in for the short term. I know he's bonkers but I honestly believe he could get something out if these players.

In the summer though I would be looking for someone who has the experience and commitment to take us back to where we belong and to seriously challenge the scum. I have no clue who that would be unfortunately 

Guest Lloyd72
10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

DoF screams to me inexperienced manager which is a really bad sign. 

Mainly because it's not regularly used in the U.K. Loads of top teams in Europe use the DoF system and it's something we should have been looking to set up ages ago. It protects the infrastructure of the club imo

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So what was Walters record after leaving us the first time? Shouldn't be too hard to find, Wikipedia has a ton of info 

Aye, while you're at it look at Walters record at us the first time and look at McLeish's. Stop comparing the two, its awful viewing.