Will we find out today

Bears r us

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Big Eck understands the club ok but was it not always the case with us, Hibs, Motherwell that he inherits a good team, does well for a while, then it all goes tits up once he has to put his stamp on things? He wouldn't exactly be inheriting a good team this time round & I don't think he'd be the longer term solution either. Plus, he tried to nip an ex of mine in Victoria's one night.

2 hours ago, kirkiebear said:

He was actually blushing at it getting mentioned :lol:

Was nice to see someone with an obvious love for the club getting excited about the possibility of being involved again!

Totally agree, the bit when he is asked. So would to take the job Alex? He sit up in his chair claps his hands......a need to em wait for the call...Awkward tele but brilliant thats who we want back a man who can tell the boys in our changing room you are playing for one of the worlds biggest and the most successful clubs, pulling on that jersey and seeing that badge on it should be motivation enough, if it isny you know where the door is!

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If the plan is to restructure (DoF, Head Coach, Head of Recruitment) then I'd rather we took our time and got it right. 

A shortterm Davies or McLeish type of appointment does nothing for us. 

Isn't that what we are doing with an interim appointment? Giving ourselves time?

1 hour ago, ronniescu said:

Aye Big Eck understands the club ok but was it not always the case with us, Hibs, Motherwell that he inherits a good team, does well for a while, then it all goes tits up once he has to put his stamp on things? He wouldn't exactly be inheriting a good team this time round & I don't think he'd be the longer term solution either. Plus, he tried to nip an ex of mine in Victoria's one night.

e31.jpg

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If the plan is to restructure (DoF, Head Coach, Head of Recruitment) then I'd rather we took our time and got it right. 

A shortterm Davies or McLeish type of appointment does nothing for us. 

So you think we should just wait until next season and appoint a really brilliant top top team?

Hi Dave

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There's no rush.  I'd rather it took 2 weeks and we got the right man in.  Our season is over and has been for some time let's just focus on getting ready for next season.

Our season is over? Really? We still have to cement 2nd place and barring a monumental cock up against Dunfermline at home, we will be in the semi finals of the Scottish Cup. Not to mention another 2 Old Firm games.There is plenty to play for. 

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

Our season is over? Really? We still have to cement 2nd place and barring a monumental cock up against Dunfermline at home, we will be in the semi finals of the Scottish Cup. Not to mention another 2 Old Firm games.There is plenty to play for. 

TMB doesn't care about old firm games mate, he says they don't matter because we won't win the league..:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Barbarrosa said:

I might be at odds with a lot of other Bears, but to me the departure of MW etc was nothing more than a short term cost cutting exercise.

So I don't expect us to be adding too much back onto payroll. If Murty can get a result on Sunday I think the board will try to sell him as the interim.

Kings' language worries me. The guy who brought us "over investment" is now spouting about a Director of Football and a Modern Robust management team.

So I expect an anouncement in a the next week or so that we're going with Murty for the time being, but will have "a big shiny super deluxe gold plated diamond encrusted management team" in place for next season.

It's how King works, he makes what he's not giving us sound so good, that most of us don't realise we're not getting it.

Murty no chance. Can't see it.  Really didn't do himself or us any favours playing Halliday and Senderos.  Both nearly cost us progressing in the cup.

Is the time being taken just normal course of business for the task any big football club has in appointing an interim manager after a sudden departure of the preceding manager?   Or is it now a delay?  Or is it a sign there is trouble behind the scenes?   Who knows. 

But consider this.

In King's 2nd statement he made it clear he was not surprised when the agent for 3 the deserters requested a meeting.  He also made it clear he was aware of market rumours that the agent was negotiating with other clubs (not just sounding out, not just informal dialogue but negotiating - its King's own word).   

So.....he and the Board have had bags of time to start thinking about who they might want to appoint as interim manager and go get a plan in place to act quickly if the 3 departed (which we know they did).   Clearly they could not set the 'approach and negotiate' wheels in motion until the resignations of the 3 were announced......but they've have plenty of time to prepare and should have been off the mark on this last Friday - making calls as soon as it was confirmed the 3 had resigned.  

Maybe they did and I do them a disservice.  Or maybe they've had knock backs from their primary targets.  Or maybe negotiations are taking longer than expected....or actually taking the time they expected.   Or maybe there is a legal wrangle going on behind the scenes about whether the resignation of the 3 was validly submitted with the matter then maybe turning into one which they would have been effectively sacked......with all the compensation, damages claims that that may raise, which in turn would affect affordability for the interim manager if they had budgeted on the departure of the 3 being a clean break but maybe its not.  

King also made the point - a point curiously emphasised by his 'for avoidance of doubt' preface - that the realistic expectation is to come second and EL football; that its clear we are behind on the target for next season but having recognised this it is the duty of the Board to take steps to get things back on track.    Given that, can the Board afford to drop any points from the game on Sunday?    If they feel they can or are prepared to take the risk that points are dropped then they can take the whole of this week and a bit of next to appoint an interim manager and it would be Murty in charge on Sunday.   If they think the risk of losing points (or more properly failing to gain 3 points) would be greatly reduced if a suitable and experienced interim manager was at the helm for Sunday then clearly they'd need to get their recruitment skates on.

There are 2 priorities.  Get an experienced interim manager who has enough about them to get significantly more out of the squad this season and who can lead them to winning runs of games sufficient to get 2nd place.   Needed urgently.  The second is to appoint a sufficiently experienced and competent manager - someone whose drive is to win a title.  They can take a few more weeks /months to do that.  First things first though.  King recognised this in his 2nd statement.  But whether he is going quick enough for the first is an open point.   3 points are up for grabs on Sunday though.