*** The Official Dundee fc vs Rangers fc Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

4 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Fod 

Hodson        Wilson      Hill     Wallace

Tav       Hyndman        Toral

Waghorn      Miller         McKay 

An attacking team. I want lots of goals and good defending please. 

You don't want much then.. Except the opposite to what we've been getting.

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

You don't want much then.. Except the opposite to we've been getting.

Nah not much. I said in another thread the players owe the fans a pumping. With Murty having the whole week to do what he wants in training etc I'm hopefully of an improvement from Sunday. Just hope he doesn't pick Senderos again. 

1 hour ago, Jb85 said:

Nah not much. I said in another thread the players owe the fans a pumping. With Murty having the whole week to do what he wants in training etc I'm hopefully of an improvement from Sunday. Just hope he doesn't pick Senderos again. 

A whole week....

kinda shows the mentality of some on Here that they expect huge changes with a few training sessions with an under 20s coach 

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A whole week....

kinda shows the mentality of some on Here that they expect huge changes with a few training sessions with an under 20s coach 

Aye a whole week. A bit of change can get the players up for anything. Who knows how the players will react to change. Just being optimistic. That's all. I'll start moaning about everything then shall I?  

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

I'd go with

Foderingham

Tavernier--Wilson--Hill--Wallace

Hyndman--Toral--Forrester

Miller--Garner--McKay

The reason I'd have HF in the team is he had a cracking game up there early on in the season

Harry has more goals and assists than Holt and Halliday combined should always be starting imo

2 hours ago, Jb85 said:

Aye a whole week. A bit of change can get the players up for anything. Who knows how the players will react to change. Just being optimistic. That's all. I'll start moaning about everything then shall I?  

Why not that's what most on here do - I hope there's some reaction but it's deluded to think any manager can coach a difference in a single week. 

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I'd give Beerman a shot if Wallace is injured. 

The kid comes with a very highly rated tag so I was surprised when we signed him for nothing. 

If you're good enough you're old enough and the only way you find that out is professional games. 

Too much pressure I think to throw him in, would like to see him play soon though aye.

The team/manager know that all eyes are on them now. No more blaming Warburton and him taking the flack for their pish performances

See Hodson at LB if Wallace doesn't make it...might be good, free up McKay down the wing, feel Wallace always gets in the spaces McKay should be in

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Too much pressure I think to throw him in, would like to see him play soon though aye.

The team/manager know that all eyes are on them now. No more blaming Warburton and him taking the flack for their pish performances

See Hodson at LB if Wallace doesn't make it...might be good, free up McKay down the wing, feel Wallace always gets in the spaces McKay should be in

As a Rangers player your mentality has to be as good as ability. I think Beerman should be given a chance, although I do think Hodson will just switch wings. 

I agree about Wallace. Mckays best game for us was against cellic at Ibrox and Wallace wasn't playing, I think. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

As a Rangers player your mentality has to be as good as ability. I think Beerman should be given a chance, although I do think Hodson will just switch wings. 

I agree about Wallace. Mckays best game for us was against cellic at Ibrox and Wallace wasn't playing, I think. 

Think we need to question the mentality of some of the older players first before throwing in a kid lol but aye your point is spot on

Aye he done very well without Wallace in the team constantly overlapping into his space, forces him to go inside everytime

5 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I'd go with

Foderingham

Tavernier--Wilson--Hill--Wallace

Hyndman--Toral--Forrester

Miller--Garner--McKay

The reason I'd have HF in the team is he had a cracking game up there early on in the season

HF got a cracking goal.

Just a shame Warburton 'suspended' him for that tackle that could have had him sent off!?

10 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why not that's what most on here do - I hope there's some reaction but it's deluded to think any manager can coach a difference in a single week. 

Because I don't want to be moaning, it changes nothing. I'm just hopeful something positive happens. 

12 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Ffs. Denis Law played for Scotland at 18. If that's not pressure then what is. Time we stopped wrapping players in cotton wool.

13 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The organisation is the problem and the structure of the team could be vastly improved by introducing a 4-4-2 with two banks of four that are difficult to break down and quick counter attacks with fast wingers.  The coaching aspect I'd say was a misnomer, they by and large wouldn't get any better even if Mourinho came in, they are too old or the raw potential is lacking in the first place for that to happen.  They just need organised better and that should be possible in a week.

5 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

The organisation is the problem and the structure of the team could be vastly improved by introducing a 4-4-2 with two banks of four that are difficult to break down and quick counter attacks with fast wingers.  The coaching aspect I'd say was a misnomer, they by and large wouldn't get any better even if Mourinho came in, they are too old or the raw potential is lacking in the first place for that to happen.  They just need organised better and that should be possible in a week.

Exactly mate, it's the same as a decent coach altering tactics from say a game against one opponent on a Saturday to a different opponent on a Wednesday, even with the same players, a different approach and formation can make a huge difference on the pitch and can be easily implemented in a few days, just Warburton chose not to change anything at all from week to week, but I'm sure BP9 knows this and the cunt just likes to cause arguments to be honest.