***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

1 minute ago, Cam1872 said:

Nothing wrong with the logic that investors in Scottish football will want to ensure they break the biggest story currently available...

The fact they aren't running with pretty much any of the guff on here for me is an indication of the state of play. 

I'm not suggest nobody else knows what's happening, I'm just suggesting that when sky news go with new manager story it's likely to be a good sign it's nearly done.

Only shite logic cause you never thought of it.

BT don't tend to break news stories. Sky do but are often behind the curve when it comes to Scottish stuff. Sky have been reporting both Wilson and Caixinha in the last few days so can we take it from that both are accurate?

14 minutes ago, Cam1872 said:

Why can't folk just wait?

You have had SR saying on Wednesday it will be soon a new man is appointed.

It's only two days since then, plus we have a game tomorrow afternoon. We are hardly going to announce anything before that.

Let the board do their job, stop reading fucking shanner websites.

Anyone posting anything from Sportingdestiny@qatarsportsfootballnet.com or Hitc or the record or whatever should be banned from adding to this thread

Sky sports and BT Sport pay to show Scottish football, until they start reporting anything I think it's unlikely other sources will be ITK.

There is no point and coming on here to wet the bed. Use your nut.

Fill your boot mate Sky have spoken a wee while ago. :happy:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10788718/pedro-caixinha-favourite-for-rangers-job

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

BT don't tend to break news stories. Sky do but are often behind the curve when it comes to Scottish stuff. Sky have been reporting both Wilson and Caixinha in the last few days so can we take it from that both are accurate?

Aye, I think we can take it that it's theirs to lose. 

So the stuff I reported a week before them was correct? 

Mate, I'd hope you were comfortable enough in your own skin that you didn't need reassurance from me. I'd also hope you don't begrudge me that I might have missed your article in amongst all the racket.

My point from the original post seems to have gotten lost, I was more trying to suggest that momentum for the appointment being imminent can usually be gauged by how prominent sports new channels report it and update the story.

The fact is the latest sky story still has the bookies as prominent sourec gives me doubts, it does make me feel we will get an announcement soon, but taking game day into account that soon isn't soon enough for some folk.

Mate, I'd hope you were comfortable enough in your own skin that you didn't need reassurance from me. I'd also hope you don't begrudge me that I might have missed your article in amongst all the racket.

My point from the original post seems to have gotten lost, I was more trying to suggest that momentum for the appointment being imminent can usually be gauged by how prominent sports new channels report it and update the story.

The fact is the latest sky story still has the bookies as prominent sourec gives me doubts, it does make me feel we will get an announcement soon, but taking game day into account that soon isn't soon enough for some folk.

I don't need assurance. I'm trying to figure out this nonsense that unless sky or bt report it then it's probably not true. 

The article mentioning the bookies odds isn't then citing them as the source of the information but it's something that can be added to it to give further confirmation to what they are reporting without naming their sources.

I don't need assurance. I'm trying to figure out this nonsense that unless sky or bt report it then it's probably not true. 

The article mentioning the bookies odds isn't then citing them as the source of the information but it's something that can be added to it to give further confirmation to what they are reporting without naming their sources.

They are the pinnacle of breaking sports news!

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, K.A.I said:

Mind that time a Swedish newspaper broke the story we were signing Mervan Celik I didn't believe them cos they didn't pay to cover the SPL

I didn't believe the club statement we put out for Warburton leaving till Sky tweeted about it.

I get your point. Citing bookies odds though as one of the recurring themes in the article for me isn't exactly cutting it. It reads to me like it's been added to give it any weight, rather than just some.

I honestly can't see why stating that when sky start running heavy with it we will have a good indication that it's very close to being done.

It's not rocket science. I agree that my use of "breaking" may not have given credit to folk who were onboard early with the story.

I have looked to clarify that I probably didn't put my original point across exactly how I meant.

I should have just said - when sky go heavy on the story will be a good sign it's nearly done. Can we agree that they aren't exactly going heavy on it?

The whole thing has been made up. The papers have no clue and just spin their own invented stories. E.g. Wilson is the favoured candidate. Rangers say nothing either way. Wilson says nothing, Reacher says nothing ( sorry in joke) , it becomes Wilson keeps rangers waiting. It's all bullshit. luckily we have Boy Wonder managing the team. Hurrah!

I get your point. Citing bookies odds though as one of the recurring themes in the article for me isn't exactly cutting it. It reads to me like it's been added to give it any weight, rather than just some.

I honestly can't see why stating that when sky start running heavy with it we will have a good indication that it's very close to being done.

It's not rocket science. I agree that my use of "breaking" may not have given credit to folk who were onboard early with the story.

I have looked to clarify that I probably didn't put my original point across exactly how I meant.

I should have just said - when sky go heavy on the story will be a good sign it's nearly done. Can we agree that they aren't exactly going heavy on it?

It's a common theme in any new manager story when you also run a bookmakers site.

I think Wilson has knocked us back. Which would be a shame but if Mitchell and Webber really are the other candidates then I won't lose any sleep over it.

The board know the fans are starting to get annoyed with how long it has taken, fair doos they did need time and not rushed in to anything as it is 2 appointments we can't get wrong but next week both need announced

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I think Wilson has knocked us back. Which would be a shame but if Mitchell and Webber really are the other candidates then I won't lose any sleep over it.

The board know the fans are starting to get annoyed with how long it has taken, fair doos they did need time and not rushed in to anything as it is 2 appointments we can't get wrong but next week both need announced

who's Webber mate?

8 minutes ago, PRW. said:

image.jpeg