U20s and broadcasting

The Dude

So, I'm currently looking into a few things to improve the coverage of the U20s beyond the already exceptional stuff provided by Got The Battle Fever On and Elfidelo. 

One of the things I'm currently looking at is broadcasting U20 games so I'm trying to find out if there's any interest there. We're running a poll on twitter just now and was wondering if anyone on here who'd fancy it. 

Only open to twitter users just now but will be doing more soon. 

Cheers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you not have to also get permission from the SPFL ?

What equipment would you use to broadcast the game ?

Would need decent bandwidth to get decent quality picture especially if using an HD camera.

In theory it sounds like a good idea, But imagine there will be hurdles to cross and quite a bit of expense if done properly.

Rangers tv at most times the picture is poor and a lot of buffering and that's a pro set up, Rangers stated at the start of the season that they were working on showing all our games in HD and so far it's pie in the sky over half way through the season.

Sounds an interesting idea.

Although it isn't personally something I would watch, i know alot of people would.

The only problem I see is that our coverage of first team matches are very poor, not HD, so what luck would you have with , a guy using Facebook live in his phone.

13 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Would you not have to also get permission from the SPFL ?

What equipment would you use to broadcast the game ?

Would need decent bandwidth to get decent quality picture especially if using an HD camera.

In theory it sounds like a good idea, But imagine there will be hurdles to cross and quite a bit of expense if done properly.

Rangers tv at most times the picture is poor and a lot of buffering and that's a pro set up, Rangers stated at the start of the season that they were working on showing all our games in HD and so far it's pie in the sky over half way through the season.

Sounds an interesting idea.

I would need permission from the league. Not certain on kit yet but expense isn't particularly an issue. Anticipating there being quite a few hurdles but having spoken to a few guys with experience of doing it for MLS and US college teams it's not as technologically-difficult as you'd think.

2 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Although it isn't personally something I would watch, i know alot of people would.

The only problem I see is that our coverage of first team matches are very poor, not HD, so what luck would you have with , a guy using Facebook live in his phone.

Facebook live now has the broadcast rights for La Liga. Would be more than just my phone. 1-3 HD or 4K cameras and (ideally) commentary 

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I would need permission from the league. Not certain on kit yet but expense isn't particularly an issue. Anticipating there being quite a few hurdles but having spoken to a few guys with experience of doing it for MLS and US college teams it's not as technologically-difficult as you'd think.

Few nice HD cameras here

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASUC_enGB577GB577&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hd+video+cameras&tbm=shop

Another idea perhaps to maybe help with costs would be a go fund me page to help with the costs of equipment to get you up and running,Pretty sure if you put your ideas across the wider Rangers support online you would also get far more interest,Pending of course all the hurdles and permissions.

Think it's a great idea.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

So, I'm currently looking into a few things to improve the coverage of the U20s beyond the already exceptional stuff provided by Got The Battle Fever On and Elfidelo. 

One of the things I'm currently looking at is broadcasting U20 games so I'm trying to find out if there's any interest there. We're running a poll on twitter just now and was wondering if anyone on here who'd fancy it. 

Only open to twitter users just now but will be doing more soon. 

Cheers.

Is got the battle fever on not your own twitter,  or you do the updates for it? 

Not against your idea... But if it is yours impressed by your self promotion there.