Tommy Wright on Rangers Manager position

Smile

Tommy wright for Manager  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Tommy wright for Manager

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright has indicated he would be interested in the Rangers job but insists such a scenario is "all hypothetical".

Wright, 53, has achieved three successive top-six finishes in the Premiership with Saints and led them to Scottish Cup glory in 2014.

Rangers parted company with former boss Mark Warburton earlier this month.

"I don't think there's anybody in a job or out of a job that wouldn't want to take that call," said Wright.

And he added that, assuming Rangers had gone through St Johnstone to make contact with him, "Yeah I would take the call because it's a big club but it's all hypothetical.

"That call hasn't happened as from other clubs it hasn't happened so I'm still happy here."

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance. I'd actually be furious if he ended up with the job.

Why are some people in the support so open to either Wright or McInnes getting the job but are so against the appointment of McLeish when McLeish has more experienced at a higher level and has won more than either of them ever will.

I'm in the minority here and would be relatively pleased with him but I can understand why others don't want him near us.

He's used to working on a small budget and getting the most out of a limited group of players and his side are often hard to beat. We all know his budget here will be shite under this board (in comparison to the scum) and realistically most of the current squad will still be here next season and a blind man can see they're limited to say the very least. Add to that a few decent results in Europe with St Johnstone, a Scottish Cup win and always pushing for the top 4 in the league.

I genuinely think he'd surprise a lot of people and I think we really need to go back to basics with a more old-school approach. It's a results industry at the end of the day. He isn't a big name many are craving though but he's a realistic target at the end of the day.

21 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not a fucking chance just fuck off Tommy 

10 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Look forward to selling 20k season tickets if this was the appointment I'm actually worried we must've had contact for him to come out and say this 

Big Tommy's staunch as fuck, fact! Thought that was the main thing for you, and you'd be creaming yourself over him, you being a super Prod wouldn't have a Catholic near the place no matter how good they were, and all that ...:whistle:

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

No chance. I'd actually be furious if he ended up with the job.

Why are some people in the support so open to either Wright or McInnes getting the job but are so against the appointment of McLeish when McLeish has more experienced at a higher level and has won more than either of them ever will.

Not to hat I think weight or mcinnes are the best for Rangers but never saw eck win any trophies before he got the Rangers job.  And tbh he got lucky in the first year and half with having deboer arveladze etc

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Big Tommy's staunch as fuck, fact! Thought that was the main thing for you, and you'd be creaming yourself over him, you being a super Prod wouldn't have a Catholic near the place no mater how good they were, and all that ...:whistle:

Don't give a fuck if he's King Billy reincarnated he's not good enough and who cares about staunch as fuck what because I don't want Mickey O Neill,fuck off ya weapon

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Appoint a mid table manager then we accept being a mid table side. 

Folk will mention McLeish when we got him but back then he was younger and was up and coming. Tommy Wright is the opposite 

Exactly 54 year old and done fuck all in the game can't believe some would accept this