Garner

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible we spent 1.8m on one player because Frank Mcparland seen a clip on YouTube ? 

Still, it's hard for me to think that the past eighteen months have been a con game. We outplayed Celtic in the semi final, that wasn't down to their poor management - some of our football in that half was some of the best I've seen in the past ten years.

The summer arrives in a depression after that agonizing final defeat.. We allow the management to purchase some expensive toys after MWs suttle statement of only naming five sub's. We start poorly with the Hibs hangover and never recover. Call me crazy but if we had lifted the cup we could have set off in a different trajectory

The loss and the aftermath of that cup final split a hole in our team.

I think most of us are in agreement that Garner is a trier, but ain't good enough at this level.

In fact I think that was decided on page 1.

The thread has now dragged on with another 7 pages of posturing, slagging and bullshit. :notallowed:

And the only real conclusion I can find in those 7 pages is that Garner is a trier, but ain't good enoughat this level.

Ironic that he is being compared to Kris Boyd who wasn't always a trier, but was more than good enough at our level ,first time round.

It'd be interesting to see how he performs in a better, on form team but he just isn't clinical. So many easy chances missed. Maybe he'd be better in a front two but you still need to find the net if your a striker.

Would love him to do well but can't see it. Hope I'm wrong. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I do, gingers should never be allowed to play for us...

I'll break your face ya cunt, remember all the great ginger people who have played for rangers;

020303_amoruso_1.jpg

Joking aside, I seriously don't get the whole ginger thing. My dad has ginger hair and remember when he went out for one of the first times after being diagnosed with large cell lung cancer. We took him down the street just to try and cheer him up and get him out the house, and a load of pricks started calling him a fucking ginger this and and ginger that.

It's hair at the end of the day, but some folk seem to take the whole thing a bit too far. If it was black skin then you'd have folk in the street not standing for that kind of racism and sorting the clowns out. It's very weird.

12 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'll break your face ya cunt, remember all the great ginger people who have played for rangers;

020303_amoruso_1.jpg

Joking aside, I seriously don't get the whole ginger thing. My dad has ginger hair and remember when he went out for one of the first times after being diagnosed with large cell lung cancer. We took him down the street just to try and cheer him up and get him out the house, and a load of pricks started calling him a fucking ginger this and and ginger that.

It's hair at the end of the day, but some folk seem to take the whole thing a bit too far. If it was black skin then you'd have folk in the street not standing for that kind of racism and sorting the clowns out. It's very weird.

It's the same as specks tbf.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's the same as specks tbf.

It's not, and only someone who doesn't understand the impact would have said the above.

There's been families chased out of their home town because of their kids having the shit being kicked out of them at school due to their ginger hair. 

It goes beyond simple teasing.

Tell the family of this little boy that it's just the same as specks;

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/443002/Popular-teenager-killed-himself-after-being-bullied-about-his-ginger-hair-inquest-hears

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Only home ones!

He's been rotten the last few run outs at home.

Poor effort aswell.

And as for feeding him chances in the box? If you were at the games you would notice he hardly ever enters the box.

30 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

It's not, and only someone who doesn't understand the impact would have said the above.

There's been families chased out of their home town because of their kids having the shit being kicked out of them at school due to their ginger hair. 

It goes beyond simple teasing.

Tell the family of this little boy that it's just the same as specks;

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/443002/Popular-teenager-killed-himself-after-being-bullied-about-his-ginger-hair-inquest-hears

I'd use it the same as I do specky, as a laugh.

So, to me it's the same.

34 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He's been rotten the last few run outs at home.

Poor effort aswell.

And as for feeding him chances in the box? If you were at the games you would notice he hardly ever enters the box.

Are you sure you go to games? Or even watch the highlights ? Or just read RM ? 

He hangs back waiting for a high ball and 9/10 times wins and isn't too bad at directing it into space or towards a team mate. But in the box he seems to have a head like a sponge. Wins it but no power whatever. Seems scared to make a run into the box to get on to a pass and score a goal. Shame really cause he cost a lot of money by our current standards. Gives 100% effort outside the box but doesn't merit pass marks for what he does in it 

8 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Are you sure you go to games? Or even watch the highlights ? Or just read RM ? 

100% positive i have been to every home game this season.

The amount of times he is hanging about at the edge of the box, when we are in a good position to cross, is laughable.

Attackers should attack.

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

100% positive i have been to every home game this season.

The amount of times he is hanging about at the edge of the box, when we are in a good position to cross, is laughable.

Attackers should attack.

Or make late runs.... 

anyway imho we ain't playing great - our chances to possession ratio is not what any of us like - so we score less goals - so the strikers score less. 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Or make late runs.... 

anyway imho we ain't playing great - our chances to possession ratio is not what any of us like - so we score less goals - so the strikers score less. 

Therein lies the problem, he doesn't even make late runs that often.

We haven't been playing great, i will give you that, but we have created chances.

It perhaps slightly  contradicts my point, but the chance he hit the post with and the one McKay squared at the death Vs St Johnstone were both criminal misses.

9 hours ago, yermaw145 said:

Is it possible we spent 1.8m on one player because Frank Mcparland seen a clip on YouTube ? 

Still, it's hard for me to think that the past eighteen months have been a con game. We outplayed Celtic in the semi final, that wasn't down to their poor management - some of our football in that half was some of the best I've seen in the past ten years.

The summer arrives in a depression after that agonizing final defeat.. We allow the management to purchase some expensive toys after MWs suttle statement of only naming five sub's. We start poorly with the Hibs hangover and never recover. Call me crazy but if we had lifted the cup we could have set off in a different trajectory

The loss and the aftermath of that cup final split a hole in our team.

Much like the season before. A 6-2 thrashing of our only realistic challengers set the tone.  Completely agree 

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Therein lies the problem, he doesn't even make late runs that often.

We haven't been playing great, i will give you that, but we have created chances.

It perhaps slightly  contradicts my point, but the chance he hit the post with and the one McKay squared at the death Vs St Johnstone were both criminal misses.

It's because he doesn't have a strike partner though