Garner

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

It's because he doesn't have a strike partner though

No one is saying that a partner will make him a great finisher, but he could be a good target man if partnered with a good finisher. It's about playing to the guys strengths which are winning the ball in the air, running about loads and decent passing. I think in a 442 we could get the best out of him but he's not a finisher, never will be.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Therein lies the problem, he doesn't even make late runs that often.

We haven't been playing great, i will give you that, but we have created chances.

It perhaps slightly  contradicts my point, but the chance he hit the post with and the one McKay squared at the death Vs St Johnstone were both criminal misses.

Lucky enough Hyndman popped up with a winner, but these misses (not just Garner) are the ones that turn 3 points into one ore one into none.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

No one is saying that a partner will make him a great finisher, but he could be a good target man if partnered with a good finisher. It's about playing to the guys strengths which are winning the ball in the air, running about loads and decent passing. I think in a 442 we could get the best out of him but he's not a finisher, never will be.

Can't see it tbh.  He's just well out of his depth and I also can't believe the management thought it would be a great idea to spunk the transfer budget on a hold up player when our finishing has been rank since the first game of the championship last season.  be good at bury or somewhere

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Can't see it tbh.  He's just well out of his depth and I also can't believe the management thought it would be a great idea to spunk the transfer budget on a hold up player when our finishing has been rank since the first game of the championship last season.  be good at bury or somewhere

I agree was a ridiculous signing tbh, I think we could get more out of him if we used him correctly but we will never get anything near the 1.5 million we spent on him.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I agree was a ridiculous signing tbh, I think we could get more out of him if we used him correctly but we will never get anything near the 1.5 million we spent on him.

It's not the lads fault either tbh. I just can't see the love in with him and to change my mind he'd have to get 10 goals between now and the end of the season. It's obvious the guy can hit a ball but for whatever reason he tries his luck from distance instead of laces through it in the box

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

It's not the lads fault either tbh. I just can't see the love in with him and to change my mind he'd have to get 10 goals between now and the end of the season. It's obvious the guy can hit a ball but for whatever reason he tries his luck from distance instead of laces through it in the box

He gives 100% no matter what but apart from that he doesn't contribute enough, I wish he would get in the box for crosses more too many times on Wednesday he would lay the ball off for a winger then hang back and there would be no one in the box for them to aim for.

I've been willing him on so much but it just doesn't look like it will happen for him. 

For instance on Wednesday night he had the perfect opportunity to burst the net and instead hits the post. 

He never seems to be in the right place in the box always at the edge watching the move happen. 

I said ten games into the season he's not good enough, not got good movement, positional sense or eye for goal and has a touch like a donkey but everyone shot me down. He's one of the worst signings in our history in terms of value for return. Fact! 

Guest Lloyd72

He's a lot like Nicky Clark imo, I liked Clark because he would run himself into the ground but he wasn't good enough and neither is Garner. 

10 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You're just a cunt unwilling to empathise then, who'd have thought it.  

Enjoy your laugh, why don't you laugh at my cancer riddled father as well?

Never seen the last part, can't compare either, of course I won't laugh at your da.

10 hours ago, Smile said:

Albertz was a Ginger.

Stuart McCall John Brown mo johnston ect ect

Fuck Mo Johnston.

2 hours ago, CRARFC said:

Fucking hell !! some supporters are fucking retards ?? embarrassing 

You've been reeled in, mongo.

1 hour ago, ronniescu said:

Garner is a prick. Same as you.

1 hour ago, ronniescu said:

Oh sorry... was that a low blow?

You're a riddy, Ronnie boy.

For me one of Warburton's worst signings. He was bought to score goals which he doesn't do. He didn't do it for Preston either. 

To say he works hard is a poor excuse from supporters accustomed to a poorer team over the last few years. Effort is the least we should expect from any of our players. Sebo tried too...he isn't a legendary striker either.

I'm not saying he's the answer but I'm sure someone like Ryan Hardie might have offered a similar goals return without us having to spend 1.8million. He should be close to top of the scoring charts for that outlay. 

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Therein lies the problem, he doesn't even make late runs that often.

We haven't been playing great, i will give you that, but we have created chances.

It perhaps slightly  contradicts my point, but the chance he hit the post with and the one McKay squared at the death Vs St Johnstone were both criminal misses.

Achemmm !!!! And he only played 45min :pipe: