Kiernan

Guest Lloyd72

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They are not, Graeme.

What an absolute power of shite.

You one of the guys calling for a Wilson Hill partnership or a Bates Hill pairing? 

All of which have made just as many mistakes, missed headers and missed tackles. But apparently dropping Rob Kiernan is the answer. He's been no worse than anyone else in that position

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

You one of the guys calling for a Wilson Hill partnership or a Bates Hill pairing? 

All of which have made just as many mistakes, missed headers and missed tackles. But apparently dropping Rob Kiernan is the answer. He's been no worse than anyone else in that position

Yes I am.

Yes he has.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes I am.

Yes he has.

Sound ?? Wilson and Hill slower than two lumps of wood but would solve our defensive issues. 

We'd still play the same way, being vulnerable to the counter... nothing would change and I'd argue it'd be worse but we'll agree to disagree 

Big Rob Keirnan would need to put in quite a few performances to atone for the damage he's done, before him you always could count on Moshni to have us a goal down every other game. Keirnan may be a level above Bilel but not enough to be a regular Rangers player in the top tier.

9 hours ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

He's made mistakes, most players do. But there's times he strolls games and is more than good enough. The semi against them he dominated it. He's more than capable. But when he makes a mistake it's like he's the worst player we've ever had, and the abuse he gets for doing the odd thing wrong is atrocious 

he makes just as many mistakes as hill, Wilson, Wallace, Tav, Toral, Garner, waggy, Holt, McKay but he gets pelters for it. I really am baffled. 

The final, letting stokes in was his worst, that was just plain bad defending, but everything else has been a simple mistake that happens to everyone. And I'd argue he gives the ball away less than you'd think, he wins more headers than you think and makes blocks more than you think. But there's a real effort by a few to continually talk him down. 

Ive been wanting to make a thread for a while that he's actually a good defender, the way we play he gets very little cover from Tav and Hill isn't quick enough to cover the space behind him. I like them both and think they put in a power of work 

You've rightly referenced the final as his worst game but there's been countless instances that highlight just what a bad defender the big guy is mate.

Anybody who's played that position would tell you the guy is sadly lacking the fundamental traits of a good defender.

He served his purpose last year playing his part in our promotion, now though in the premier he's been made to look foolish by some very very ordinary forwards. Honestly he has no business being at Rangers and I take no pleasure in saying that.

We had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for players in recent years and sadly for us Kiernan was one of them.   He is a disaster waiting to happen and invariably it does.  Playing for 12 teams (9 on loan) in  8 seasons and 11 of them were nonentities is a clear indication of his worth.

He's a total complete bomb scare of a player who believes he's better than he is. Check him out at the Clint Hill goal, it's embarrassing to watch a Rangers CH close his eyes....Not exactly cut from the same cloth as a Gough or Butcher in that respect and clearly nowhere near the standard required.

17 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He wasn't poor. If as a CB your keeper doesn't have a save to make then you haven't been poor. 

He did fine today, won every header, was solid on the deck and largely pretty good in possession. 

He is just the whipping boy at the moment. The attitude and words towards him by of some on here are an embarrassment. 

Made a couple of good blocks on the rare occasions they did threaten!

6 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for players in recent years and sadly for us Kiernan was one of them.   He is a disaster waiting to happen and invariably it does.  Playing for 12 teams (9 on loan) in  8 seasons and 11 of them were nonentities is a clear indication of his worth.

This was sold to us by the Warburton fan-boys as:

'Well, he was prepared to go on loan to get game time - better than sitting in his arse'.

Might have saved us some heartache if he'd chosen the 'sitting on his arse' option...