Sorry - but am I missing something

Gaffer

Put down all week by punits and fans alike super record breaking scores of 8-0 many rangers fans including myself were looking forward to the game but defence not been up to scratch then that little light at the end of the black tunnel so you can understand today was a release 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I'll tell you, I'm one happy old Bear tonight, I was dreading today, I thought we were on  another humping.

On our form a draw against them today with the squad we have was a fuckin miracle.

Even in our glory days a draw at the piggery was a decent result, I also liked the fact we fought till the end.

Very true mate, I would have bitten your mitt aff for a draw the day. I wanted a performance that would give us a bit of confidence going into the semi final. This season THATS  the one we want to win.

I'm not happy with the result, in fact I'm disappointed with a draw, as we deserved to win the game. However, I'm delighted we made them look the overhyped, average shower of shite that they are. So fuck up op and fuck Celtic. 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

"Cellic will score how many they want to score"

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah that was a quote from one of them during the week on clyde1 they phoned the arse up today first caller I could see the spit coming out of the speakers raging he was

I agree with the OP to a certain extent but it is a day to celebrate the point gained.

However

We've not had a manager for a month.

We've had a poor season so far

We conceded 5 last time we played there.

Theyd won every domestic game at home so far.

We were written off by every pundit in the land. Was going to be a cricket score.

We went 1-0 down.

But put in a good display came back and equalised in the last 5 mins.

Every Rangers fan knows we're not where we want to be yet but that was a real gutsy performance today and the point was more than deserved.

A draw against them at the san giro has always been considered a good result even for title chasing Rangers teams. So considering how this team generally plays and the fact we lost 5-1 there last time it's a fantastic result and we should be happy.

How many times have we won there this century 4/5 times? Stop trying to play the "oh we are Rangers" card today and just enjoy a good day.

I should also say people are probably happy because of the performance. We actually played like a Rangers team today. The players showed passion, fight and a bit of fucking balls for once. We didnt just defend for 90 minutes either, we went at them and had the best two chances of the game which Waghorn should have taken one of them (the first one).

95% percent of us went or watched fearing the worst and Murty and the players gave us what we deserve and it's a good sign for the rest of the season, in particularly the semi, with the new manager coming in.

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Yes, they're miles ahead in the league, and are our bitter rivals. But we've came away today with a point - which means 2 points dropped. 

Now don't get me wrong, i went as mental when big Clint scored as anyone else, but, we still didn't get the job done. We played very well at times, and Waghorn should've finished both chances, but never.  

There are folk on here starting congratulatory threads, and posting on Twitter and Facebook about getting it up the taigs for stopping their run and us getting a point. 

No matter where we are, ahead or behind, we should not be celebrating a fucking draw.  That reeks of a small club mentality. 

They have a better team than us, but we had a never surrender attitude today and the point gained means as much if not more than the many drubbings we have given them in years gone by.   We are on the way back and don't they just know it.

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Yes, they're miles ahead in the league, and are our bitter rivals. But we've came away today with a point - which means 2 points dropped. 

Now don't get me wrong, i went as mental when big Clint scored as anyone else, but, we still didn't get the job done. We played very well at times, and Waghorn should've finished both chances, but never.  

There are folk on here starting congratulatory threads, and posting on Twitter and Facebook about getting it up the taigs for stopping their run and us getting a point. 

No matter where we are, ahead or behind, we should not be celebrating a fucking draw.  That reeks of a small club mentality. 

Nah, you're not missing anything; in fact it's quite the opposite.  I believe you have too much of something, chromosomes. 

4 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Yes your missing a hell of a lot tbh 

To go there with a steely performance like that after getting given no chance against a rampant fenian side and get a score draw is a great result 

I don't like where we are but I'd rather be realistic than deny it.

what you need to remember that would have felt like a defeat to them that game today and more importantly it gives us something to build on, some hope with a new manager taking over tomorrow (even if I've my doubts on him) 

that game today was a small step but a massive stride. It also gives us more belief going into the cup semi and ending their Rebel treble and also means they'll be no white wash for them over us either.

its not celebrating being second to Celtic - id never celebrate that - I'd rather the club died in 2012 than be like that 

6 hours ago, Gaffer said:

There's nothing at all wrong with it.  I just still expected a win, as I always do. Just all seems like a lot of folk - as they're entitled to do - are celebrating it almost like a cup win.  

You expected a win? With the team we have and the form we've been in?

Do you actually watch us?

Car crash. That was a terrific point yesterday. Not only gets us 1 point closer to Aberdeen but gives us genuine belief for the semi final that we can indeed halt their charge for a treble. Also showed that there are players in some of those guys we have been calling duds. Tavernier was sensational for example. 

For me it was a moral victory going 1-0 down in front of a horde of 53,000 of them and for once the team showed a bit of character to come back.

A journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step and yesterday might be the turning point. It's a new era with a new gaffer time to look ahead not behind.