window.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

Were you at same game as me???? If it wasn't for Big Wes it could have been an embarrassment!!! Halliday was just Halliday.... pish.   MOH  was terrible did not make any telling crosses Garner was an improvement but is still not the answer if we are to challenge ask yourself this would he get a game with the scum or the sheep?  

You must've been wrecked. Halliday had a good game. MOH was playing at right back and did very considering its not his position. He stop trying crosses when he realised no one was coming into the box from there he tried to work it in. And Garner if nothing else equalised.

I went to the game yesterday really looking forward to see how we would play. By half time I was like everyone else disappointed to say the least 

It seemed the three subs at half time was some kind of statement that he would be ruthless when players were not performing, only to find out on the way home it was injury and illness that had been the reason.

We could have won the game in the second half if we had taken our chances but if Wes had not pulled off a couple of great saves it could have been embarrassing for us as well. 

My conclusion is that we need five or six new players who are good enough to start games, where they are coming from is another discussion, because as we all know many of our existing squad are just not good enough. 

I think it is far too soon to know if Pedro is going to be a success and we will only know that in about six months time. What I do know is he will not be a success if the board do not back hin in the summer transfer window.

No manager in his right mind makes all 3 subs at half time (and I'm not buying this pish about them all being unwell ffs). What if we had an injury at some point? Guy's shaping up to be a complete disaster in my view.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

it's almost like folk wait in glee to come on here and 'critique' - fuck it even happens when we win a game.  Madness!

Speaking from experience here are we? 

I've often seen you rushing on here to have a go at folk after we win.

It would be a good post if it wasn't so hypocritical:lol:

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

No manager in his right mind makes all 3 subs at half time (and I'm not buying this pish about them all being unwell ffs). What if we had an injury at some point? Guy's shaping up to be a complete disaster in my view.

Your judging a manager as a disaster after 2 games where none of the players are his signings??

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

We seem to slate players based on previous, Halliday did well, Garner did well and MOH was better than Hodson. 

Agree about MOH but Halliday could not cope with anyone running at him and did not seem to know where he should position himself although hardly surprising considering the formation we were left with.

30 minutes ago, FSM said:

The bit that's troubles me is he played three players who were obviously not fit.

If as he says they needed to make the changes, it's strange that you would put yourself in that position.

Or did he think that he could get away with playing half fit players and it back fired ?

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Well it worked cos we we're getting beaten before changes were made

I give the manager real credit for being bold and changing things and also his after match interview where he rymed off all the moans I had on the first half and I'll quite gladly give him time but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried by that performance yesterday and leaving the already booked toral at cb was naive 

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

I give the manager real credit for being bold and changing things and also his after match interview where he rymed off all the moans I had on the first half and I'll quite gladly give him time but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried by that performance yesterday and leaving the already booked toral at cb was naive 

No doubt we were exposed and Foderingham kept us in it but changes needed to be made.

Do I want him to do that every game? No

Can you call him a disaster after 2 games? No

Id rather he was experimenting now when the league has gone this season so he knows the ability and mind set of his players going into next.

11 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

The bit that's troubles me is he played three players who were obviously not fit.

If as he says they needed to make the changes, it's strange that you would put yourself in that position.

Or did he think that he could get away with playing half fit players and it back fired ?

Correct?

3 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:

Fucking hell, only 2 games in for our new manager and people are acting like complete dicks. Get a grip. Grow up and give the man a chance. We will only know and judge if he can be a success when he has next year to build his own squad and play

Spot on. This season is already over for me (apart from the cup). We should clinch third place ok. It's now about Pedro using the remaining games to experiment and identify the dead wood we have in our squad. Once Pedro brings in his own players, and shifts out the dross during the close season, then we will all be in a much better position to judge.

41 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Spot on. This season is already over for me (apart from the cup). We should clinch third place ok. It's now about Pedro using the remaining games to experiment and identify the dead wood we have in our squad. Once Pedro brings in his own players, and shifts out the dross during the close season, then we will all be in a much better position to judge.

This is my position, but the big problem will be shifting out the dross, unless we give them away for nothing (nothing new there) and finding the money for players good enough to make us better.

I also think it is worth saying that Pedro needs to realise that games still need to be won or he will have many more doubters even before this season is finished.  

What concerns me is that Pedro "confessed he didn’t give his Rangers side a formation for their second-half"! Its essential that the players have the correct attitude but I'm not convinced that attitude alone wins games and that a formation is required so that everyone knows what the hell is going on.