Mckay

Bobthemod

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not what we need and he's one of the better ones!

Far too many in that category. It will take a king's ransom, pardon the pun, to turn this lot around.

Can't even get excited about the scum game. Think we are toast after seeing that.

Thats the spirit.

when he was playing in an exhibtion game a few years ago, i was screaming like fuck for to him to get some pace on the ball at corners from a few yards away.

years later, he's still incapable of this.

as with free kicks in the modern era, there's been a dramatic change in the way the ball is kicked to achieve pacey, dipping, swerving, dangerous corner kicks.

while McKay has been unable to deliver on this, it should have been identified by coaches and either improve McKay's delivery or have someone else take them.

Tavernier has demonstrated that he is capable of striking dead balls with this modern technique.

Nobody was a 5 tonight and nobody was a ten so no point singling anyone out. I'd like to single the surface out though, for if anyone thinks that this is acceptable at our level then they're absolutely crazy. It's an embarrassment to Scottish football that this isn't the only rug we have to play on, this isn't even close to a football match.

He's got skill and pace, everything a good footballer needs, but is becoming more and more anonymous during games as the season goes on. His final pass is 9/10 times hopeless, which is also the reason why he can't swing in a decent corner on to the head of a teammate. He's got the ability to beat several of the opposition and get to the bye line, but just can't seem to finish with a shot or decent pass.

Playing him on the right wouldn't work either, it would mean he'd have to take on a defender!

He's some how managed to be the most talented player in our squad as well as the most predictable at the same time. He sums up our attack this season: slow, plodding, predictable and actually just shite.

The defence with McKay is that "he has potential" "he's young" and my favourite "he's a winger, they're all inconsistent".

He gets a pass all the time from some. How many good games has he played this season? I can count them on my one hand. He got plaudits at Hogmany vs them but that's cause he just wasn't shite for once. Wingers are inconsistent because they usually play well every 1 in 2 or 1 in 3. Our Barrie plays fucking well 1 in 10 or 1 in 15.

7 hours ago, baxterboy said:

when he was playing in an exhibtion game a few years ago, i was screaming like fuck for to him to get some pace on the ball at corners from a few yards away.

years later, he's still incapable of this.

as with free kicks in the modern era, there's been a dramatic change in the way the ball is kicked to achieve pacey, dipping, swerving, dangerous corner kicks.

while McKay has been unable to deliver on this, it should have been identified by coaches and either improve McKay's delivery or have someone else take them.

Tavernier has demonstrated that he is capable of striking dead balls with this modern technique.

Tavernier's set pieces are fucking horrific most of the time as well.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Tavernier's set pieces are fucking horrific most of the time as well.

At least Tavernier has demonstrated the technique i'm talking about, and has scored some of the best goals i've seen in a Rangers jersey from free kicks using it.

Whereas McKay, from the hundreds of corners he's taken, demonstrates a complete inability to use the technique that delivers a very fast, spinning, swerving and dipping ball into dangerous areas from corner kicks.

10 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

At least Tavernier has demonstrated the technique i'm talking about, and has scored some of the best goals i've seen in a Rangers jersey from free kicks using it.

Whereas McKay, from the hundreds of corners he's taken, demonstrates a complete inability to use the technique that delivers a very fast, spinning, swerving and dipping ball into dangerous areas from corner kicks.

His set pieces were good last season but have been awful since then. He's every bit as bad as McKay when it comes to delivering a good ball.